Dont hate me but am I the only one that finds this annoying...

brisus

Mouseketeer
I understand that the pool activities that begin at 1:00 EVERY DAY are great and fun for the kids but I kind of found this unnerving after a while! A lot of the resorts have resort specific music that is relaxing and enjoyable until the chaos starts! We were at Wilderness Lodge last week and had to listen to rock music blaring all day with the activities girl screaming into the microphone! Do we really need to be listening to pink floyd and freebird for the kids at the pool! We moved to the beach for some peace and quite but there was no escape. I am sure this is fun for the kids but wouldnt an hour or so be fair for everyone and not the ENTIRE afternoon! Sorry just had to say it!

While I understand some music may not be to your taste, I don't know that I would think of Disney if my main concern was for a tranquil, peaceful vacation. :confused3 Even with all the adults who love Disney on their own, it is first and foremost for children and families. I expect to go to Disney and have my senses overloaded with sights, sounds, and music. It's all part of the experience. I'm not a huge fan of parades.:duck: But I know if I go to Disney there will be multiple parades during the day and I might not plan well enough to avoid having them cut off my access to other parts of the park.

I understand that the pool activities that begin at 1:00 EVERY DAY are great and fun for the kids but I kind of found this unnerving after a while! A lot of the resorts have resort specific music that is relaxing and enjoyable until the chaos starts! We were at Wilderness Lodge last week and had to listen to rock music blaring all day with the activities girl screaming into the microphone! Do we really need to be listening to pink floyd and freebird for the kids at the pool! We moved to the beach for some peace and quite but there was no escape. I am sure this is fun for the kids but wouldnt an hour or so be fair for everyone and not the ENTIRE afternoon! Sorry just had to say it!

I agree. We were at BLT for eight nights and the noise from the pool each day was very annoying. Too noisy to take a nap. Too noisy to sit on the balcony. And far too noisy at the pool. Made me wish we were at Old Key West at one of the neighborhood pools.

tinkerbelletreasure said:
it is first and foremost for children and families.

Where did you ever get that idea? Disney is for everyone. Some families don't have children or the children are grown. Does that mean we can't go to Disney and enjoy the pool? Surely not!

You are not the only one that finds it annoying. I do also. I love the music at Old Key West and would much rather hear it than the activities at the main pool.

If your resort has a quiet pool, perhaps that would be more relaxing for you.

tinkerbelletreasure said:
While I understand some music may not be to your taste, I don't know that I would think of Disney if my main concern was for a tranquil, peaceful vacation. :confused3 Even with all the adults who love Disney on their own, it is first and foremost for children and families. I expect to go to Disney and have my senses overloaded with sights, sounds, and music. It's all part of the experience. I'm not a huge fan of parades.:duck: But I know if I go to Disney there will be multiple parades during the day and I might not plan well enough to avoid having them cut off my access to other parts of the park.

Very well said! If you cant handle being around families with kids, Disney is not the place for you!

I agree - would be different if the quiet pools were actually quiet but that is usually not the case; a whole other issue I would rather not get into right now :). Just returned from POR and could hear the main pool music all the way over by Oak Manor. Everyone has their own opinion - but Disney is soooo not just for kids/families - I am middle aged and have no children and love everything they have to offer but I do not need my pool day to be interrupted by the loud microphone/dance music every day - at least they could have it maybe every other day?? :confused3

Wow, I'm with you on this one. I really didn't expect a deluxe resort to have loud rock music at the pool. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and really am not looking forward to something like this. Is this something new that they started at Disney? They don't do that at the BC/YC pool. At least they didn't do it all the times I've been there.

I'm torn on this question. On the one hand, DH and I are well past the child-rearing stage and it is just the 2 of us at WDW most of the time. I take no pleasure from hours and hours of loud music and children screaming. And a PP is correct, the availability of quiet pools at the mods does not guarantee peace and quiet (although we did find the quiet pools at CBR to be just that).

OTOH, this is WDW. I know ahead of time that pool activities are scheduled daily. And I choose to stay at that resort anyway. If I REQUIRE peace and quiet in the middle of the day, then I need to stay where I can get it. It is what it is, and Disney tries to satisfy the MAJORITY of their guests the majority of the time. Unfortunately they can't satisfy all of their guests all of the time.

I find it annoying too...but the good thing is that most of the resorts have quiet pools, so you have to weight the pros and cons of sticking around during the racket or trekking to one the quiet pools. It's one of the reasons why I request the 50's section at Pop - the bowling pin pool is always peaceful. At the Y/B Club you just have to select a seat far away from the kiddie area of the pool, closer to the water slide if you want to be away from the noise.

I am also somewhere in the middle on this. When we stayed at ASMo in March the music/activities were going on and my kids were really too young to truly enjoy or participate in it. I tuned it out for the most part but it did ensure that we stayed over by the kiddie pool area because it was very loud at the pool. Of course ASMo is a value and thinking about it, I could understand having different expectations for a mod or deluxe.

I actually really enjoy the daily pool party. My DD8 had a blast on our resort day dancing, playing games, and answering trivia. I thought it was nice that all the children playing received a prize of some sort. It was nice to be able to watch her having fun with the other kids and was a perfect ice breaker for her to meet new friends as she is an only child.
But as always my philosophy is " to each his own" and I can totally understand your reasoning for not really caring for it. The only suggestion that I can think of would be to be at the parks during that time of day if it really annoys you but I do understand that it's not always ideal especially if you are hoping to take a midday nap or have kiddos that need a nap.

I only stay deluxe and have 4 kids. Deluxe is not meant to be an adult only resort. you need to find a new vacation destination if you want to complain about kid activities

I have to agree also! We were at Boardwalk by the Clown Pool and the noise level was very high. I can bear the music, it is the person talking on the microphone that is annoying. I understand the activities are there to be fun, but there needs to be some consideration to all of the rooms surrounding the area as well.

I only stay deluxe and have 4 kids. Deluxe is not meant to be an adult only resort. you need to find a new vacation destination if you want to complain about kid activities

Ouch!

I am not a huge loud music person either, but that's how the pool parties are. The villa pool at the Wildnerness lodge is very nice and much, much, much quieter. VWL is one of my home resorts and WL is very heavy on the kids, so the pool parties can be annoying in their choice of music (which is what you are saying), but it is what it is. In my case, I just have an adult beverage or two. :rotfl2:

We stayed at WL last year and loved it, BUT I have to agree with you. We have 2kids, 9 and 11 at the time, who loved a few hours at the pool every day. Myself and my husband enjoy a bit of sun-worshipping and the volume of the music for around 3hours every day was a bit much. I actually commented to my husband that I would have been unhappy if we were there as adults-only due to the noise. Kids loved it though!

I'm with you, i wouldn't mind a little fun time for the kids but all afternoon is a bit much. I'll be at Por in 2 weeks and was planning a somewhat relaxing day at the pool with hubby, maybe the quiet pools will be better?:confused3

Back in the day before Value Resorts you got sensory overload at the parks. You went back to your resort to unwind and relax. Yes even the kids could take it easy for awhile without being entertained constantly.

Now, if a Resort doesn't have giant cartoon icons everywhere some people say it's not Disney enough or it doesn't have any Disney theming. :rolleyes2

You used to be able to go to the resort pool and relax and listen to the kids laughing and having a great time just being in the pool, even at the Values. Not anymore. Now we have to have music blasting and CM's shouting over loudspeakers all day. Maybe if it had always been that way I wouldn't mind. But this is fairly recent and for people who can entertain themselves at the pool it's very annoying.

I will agree with you on this also. I have 3 kids ranging in age from 5-16, and think the noise is a bit much. Dont get me wrong, we thought the games and activities were fun, but there is NO reason for the volume level. The kids that were participating would have been able to hear if the volume was cut to a more comfortable level. Not complaining about the pool party, just maybe they could turn the volume of the speakers down a bit.

Back in the day before Value Resorts you got sensory overload at the parks. You went back to your resort to unwind and relax. Yes even the kids could take it easy for awhile without being entertained constantly.

Now, if a Resort doesn't have giant cartoon icons everywhere some people say it's not Disney enough or it doesn't have any Disney theming. :rolleyes2

You used to be able to go to the resort pool and relax and listen to the kids laughing and having a great time just being in the pool, even at the Values. Not anymore. Now we have to have music blasting and CM's shouting over loudspeakers all day. Maybe if it had always been that way I wouldn't mind. But this is fairly recent and for people who can entertain themselves at the pool it's very annoying.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I will agree with you on this also. I have 3 kids ranging in age from 5-16, and think the noise is a bit much. Dont get me wrong, we thought the games and activities were fun, but there is NO reason for the volume level. The kids that were participating would have been able to hear if the volume was cut to a more comfortable level. Not complaining about the pool party, just maybe they could turn the volume of the speakers down a bit.

I'll third that ;). We also had no problem with the activities & while the music wasn't our taste we had no issues there. It was the volume :scared1:. espcially during the 3:00 "pool party" hour.
POFQ had no quiet pool to escape to and the closest one at POR was under going work so it was out of commission:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter