• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dolphin Bite 8yr old's hand - glad I watched it

also may i just add if it had been one of my children injured the camera would have been dropped in a instant so i could attend to my child rather than forcing filming the injury:sick: ( i found that part of the clip most uncomfortable to watch)

i do hope that occasional incidents don't put an end to this attraction as i love it and think how many other people do feed them without getting bitten , unfortunatley its always negative publicity and complaints that people can be most bothered to voice people don't come home from there trip to seaworld and decide to post a video saying i fed the dolpin and DIDNT get bitten if they did then the number of positive experiences would hugely outweigh the negatives

Compensation ......... Springs to mind!!!!!!!! Guess I shouldn't be so judgemental

There is a legal principle called 'Volenti non fit injuria'. Basically, somebody willingly taking risks knowing about them. SeaWorld have told everybody the risks, so anybody who takes part therefore accepts those risks.

The same principle applies to theme park rides, bungee jumping, parachuting etc.

Nothing in life is risk free. We all need to make a judgement on what risks we are willing to take.

It's been 6 years since my last visit so (obviously) i've forgotten all the safety rules and I've never been with my DD so our visit with her will be totally focused on her enjoyment and safety. Good to read all your comments - hope it didn't start too much of a heated debate though. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter