• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dog at VWL!!!!

I would agree with most of this, except I'm curious about....

Originally posted by ducklite
I wouldn't have a problem with a section of a DVC resort being set aside for pet owners if the following were adhered to:

Pet owners must purchase points specifically set aside in those pet rooms, and must stay in those rooms when using those points whether pet is with them at the time or not.

Why would you need special points? In 40 years someone who doesn't plan to bring a pet might change their minds, whereas someone who does now won't have that pet in 40 years. Why be inflexible? This doesn't make sense to me.

Pet room points will have a higher initial cost as well as higher annual dues. These higher fees will offset higher expenses for planning, construction, cleaning, liability insurance, maintenance, etc.

A credit card guarantee or cash deposit must be given at check-in towards damage or fines associated with rule breaking. No credit card? Cash deposit would be returned in form of a check within three weeks of check out.
I have no problem with paying a depost when we stay in a hotel with our dog. Also, sometimes hotels charge a flat fee, either once or per night. I think that is fine. I'm not sure though why you would have higher rates <strong> and a deposit</strong>. I think it would make more sense to use regular points, and pay a deposit and / or a fee per stay with a pet than to charge more for points up front. By the same token, a non-dvc resort could open a pet area, and charge a deposit and/or fee. If it was going to be at a dvc resort, I don't think they should create a new type of points that could only be used there. Maybe those rooms could cost more points per night.

I would completely agree with you that everything else seems reasonable (whether it was dvc or not) for a hotel to ask -

DR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter