Does your family wear matching outfits at DL?

Does your family dress in matching shirts?

• Yes

• No

• My kids dress in brightly colored shirts

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

tinkerbelt

DIS Veteran
I'm curious.

For those of you with kids (or who travel in large groups), do you wear matching colored shirts when you visit DL? Or do you dress your kids in brightly colored shirts?

We have not, in the past, matched. However, I did get a great deal on some matching shirts/ dresses at disneyshopping last fall. We will all match one day on our next trip.

I'm not a fan of matching. So no, we don't do it. Sometimes the kids wear bright clothes, but that's simply because I like them. :confused3

I chose "other" because on a couple of trips on ONE day we have dressed a like, mostly to get cute pictures :)

:rolleyes1 I admit it.....our group of 5 usually wears the same shirts at least 1 day if not more of our trips. The other days the kids do wear disney related shirts from past trips, trips to the warehouse stores or that i've picked up at the disney store or target/walmart.

We only did it once. It was the very first trip we ever took to WDW. This was before I knew about the DIS. We wore bright red shirts. We actually went the same week as Gay Days and red is their official color. We all matched very nicely. So it did not help with finding kids if they got lost in the crowd.

No we dont wear matching shirts, but then again ive only been with adults. If I were to go with younger children though, I wouldnt have them wear matching shirts, but I would have them wear certain colors just so I know where they are at all times.

I don't think my teens would appreciate matching me! They do everything in their power NOT to be seen with me!!!!!!:rotfl2:

Ten years ago, yes. Today, God No, DD & DH would ditch me for sure:rolleyes:

I used to dress the girls matching when they were little but not anymore. They would die! We do wear Disney clothes though sometimes.

We dress the kids in matching shirts...usually bright colored. It's easier for us to spot them that way.

We only did it once. It was the very first trip we ever took to WDW. This was before I knew about the DIS. We wore bright red shirts. We actually went the same week as Gay Days and red is their official color. We all matched very nicely. So it did not help with finding kids if they got lost in the crowd.

Hahaha thats funny. Lol.

Yea we never dressed alike, not when we were kids or otherwise.

I don't actually see the point in it, if you have a lot of people, a few missing in red wont really be noticeable and if you have only a few, face matching is better in case you grab someone else's kid by mistake.

We just use cell phones. Works so much better.

Well, I didn't vote, but thought I'd post, as this is something I commonly did when the boys were younger, but now that they are 10 & 12, 'aint gonna happen!
When we went anywhere there were large crowds, I dressed DH and the boys in exactly the same shirt. I always went for a bright color, like lime green or orange (which looked really good on my fair skinned dark hair guys!) and when we went to DL or WDW, it was the same Disney themed shirt, I still tried for a color that was "different" than the rest. I went even further, and typically had them in the same type pants (jeans, jean shorts, khaki shorts, etc.) and socks. Whether it was useful or not, it always gave me comfort that if the kids got separated from us, it would be easier for them to describe Daddy to someone (he's got "this" outfit on), easier to "spot" in a crowd, and we'd be able to tell security/police "he's dressed 'just like this'". The boys actually enjoyed this themselves until my older one was 7 or 8. Then I could get away with the same shirt, but different colors for awhile. Now, even though they both wear the exact same size and share all of their shirts, they don't want to look even close to the same when they're out together.
Zoe and I tend to wear the same colors when we go out and about, but nothing "planned". I've looked for matching and haven't been able to find alot that will work. Though, now she's bigger (size 7/8) so I may have better luck.
Grandma made matching dresses for Zoe and I for my nieces baptism. This is the first we've been really "matchy matchy", and even with that, there are embellishments that hers has that mine doesn't.

Whether it was useful or not, it always gave me comfort that if the kids got separated from us, it would be easier for them to describe Daddy to someone (he's got "this" outfit on), easier to "spot" in a crowd, and we'd be able to tell security/police "he's dressed 'just like this'".

That's a fantastic idea!!! :thumbsup2

I bought DH and I "matching" shirts for our last trip to WDW. I got them from Disney Ink Shop. His has Stitch on it and it says "Tiki Terror". Mine has Lilo and it says "Kona Cutie". We went to the Lilo and Stitch Best Friends Breakfast and Lilo LOVED my shirt. It was cool. Stitch sat at the table with us and acted like he was going to eat our food. :lmao:

For our upcoming trip we will dress alike for two of our 4 days in the park. There are 22 of us and we elected to were blue tie dyed shirts that are groovy. One of the other days we will wear Nebraska Husker red shirts since most of us hale from Nebraska and it didn't require us to purchase new shirts. The ages range from 3 to 69, so even our teens agreed to do it for a couple of days.:thumbsup2 I think it will be easier to locate members in our group on such crowded days!

I answered yes because I made tie dyed shirts for our trip to WDW in August. We wore the same color sweatshirts and had coordinating t's for our Christmas trip to DL. We got some great Photopass photos. We don't match everyday that we're there.

Poconoboatniks

I don't think I could pay my teenager to even dress in the same color as me. lol It just wouldn't be cool. :cool2:

The last time I went with my hubby, his dad and his sister, I made all of us Disney stenciled shirts on black t-shirts.

No Way! I don't want anyone to know I am with them! :lmao:

Honestly no we don't wear matching outfits. A lot of the time we end up corordinating (sp) but it's never done on intent. At DL my boys usually wear a disney related tee to support all their favorites! I also try to put them in similar colors so it's easier for me to spot them. Like one day will be orange day - one will wear orange shorts and the other a orange shirt. Or both in blue or green or whatever. They don't go far from me or from eachother but it's easier to look for the same color when needed. They wear bright hats too that make them stand out. They are still at the age where they want to wear the same thing as eachother. If we got shopping the older one wants to buy the same thing he's getting for his little brother. They have matching jammie's - cars, power rangers, buzz, dash - and they act like they are the characters after bath. It's cute, but I bet it won't last forever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter