Does Walmart have back to school deals this week?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by BeenHereB4, Jul 6, 2009.

1. BeenHereB4

BeenHereB4 I'm not really new :)

My husband chose that advertisement to use under his painting job this weekend and I think I see the 30 cent school supplies advertised. Walmart.com will not let me pull up an ad for my area. Anyone have any ideas on this? If they are on sale, I'll head out there today - just don't want to make an unnecessary trip.

Thanks!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MoniqueU

MoniqueU <font color=peach>Anything with Malibu in it is gr

I was in a superwalmart yesterday and I did ask but they said the stuff wasn't out on the floor yet. It was in palm springs california a retirement community so that may of had something to do with it.

4. GoofyFairie

GoofyFairie DIS Veteran

I saw a one page color ad in my PARADE issue in my Sunday paper yesterday. It is 70 page spiral notebooks for .25 each, 4 ounce Elmers glue bottle for .30 each, and 24 count Crayola crayons for .30 each. Nothing else is advertised.

5. Parksfamily5

Parksfamily5 Mouseketeer

That is about all they had on sale at my Walmart in Ohio. I read somewhere that the deals wouldn't be as good this year on school supplies. I am not sure where I read that or what the reasoning was.
    I know these prices are higher than last year but I am wondering if it is just because they are just getting the stuff out or if it is because prices in general will be higher this year.

6. Microcell

Microcell <font color=red>No, no,no, those red signs with th

I dunno about that, but I will say that I don't think that is the lowest they will go.. Last year they started at these prices and then went down. I plan to get some at these prices, but am holding out for much cheaper...

Walgreens is a good ad to watch too, they sometimes go cheaper than Walmart in July and August!

7. Parksfamily5

Parksfamily5 Mouseketeer

My Cvs did have some good deals for Free pencils, pencil sharpeners and tape yesterday. They also had some good deals on highlighters. The manager told me that they would be featuring different supplies each week.

8. momof1princess

momof1princess <font color=darkorchid>i feel like i'm going to ex

Walgreens will have 4 pack expo dry erase markers (lots of schools put these on supply lists) for $1.99 7/12-7/18.

9. Parksfamily5

Parksfamily5 Mouseketeer

Thanks, my children always need those for their school supply lists. I also am in need for some at home. There is no way that I am going to pay full price for those things. I will check walgreens next week.

10. BeenHereB4

Thanks!

It's the crayons and notebooks that I need so I'll probably spring for those now rather than risk waiting for a lower price (I have a $10 gift card anyway). Now - I really need glue sticks! We go through those things like water around here. I got a TON last year on the Walmart deal thinking they'd last for years - yeah, NOT! :laughing:

11. kittymarcy

kittymarcy Mouseketeer

I went this morning & here's what I found:

24 pack crayola crayons - $0.30 - out of stock
    4 oz. elmer glue or 2-pack of elmer glue sticks - $0.30
    poly folders with prongs in assorted colors - $0.97
    ream of copy paper - $2.50
    4-pack expo marker (wish I would have waited for Walgreens!) - $3.50
    Pencil Boxes - $0.62 or $1.00
    24-pack Papermate #2 pencils - $1.00
    1 subject, 70-page spiral notebook, college or wide - $0.25
    10-pack Crayola Markers - $1.00

My walmart already has the special school supply aisle set up, though it's only about half full. It's still great going now & getting the selection!

For the "fiskars" scissors, I actually found those last month at the Dollar Tree, so keep you eyes open.

Have fun :hippie:

12. momof1princess

you're welcome! :)

13. kinntj

kinntj DIS Veteran

It looks like I'll be going to Walgreens for those erase markers. Even if they aren't on the list, the teachers needs those badly.

I think Walmart's prices will go down a bit.

14. Parksfamily5

Parksfamily5 Mouseketeer

I had to laugh at myself because here I am a Walmart last night scooping up bargains and using my coupons on other stuff but I just couldn't resist that 3.97 Jonas brothers pencil bag for my daughter. I guess I will on some things to splurge on others.

15. Ashlander

Ashlander DIS Veteran

I'm not ready to shop for school supplies :( Our schools have only been out for 3 weeks!

16. BeenHereB4

:lmao: I can appreciate that. It's only been 3 here too, but we are about to have much less money as DH jumps out of a secure, well-paying job and into his dream career (that we hope will be successful :thumbsup2) so..... I have to shop when glue is 30 cents! LOL :goodvibes

17. mommytoe

mommytoe DIS Veteran

Just went to Walmart and they had 24 count crayola crayons for .25.

18. MoniqueU

MoniqueU <font color=peach>Anything with Malibu in it is gr

I will use this as another oppurtunity to whine that they don't give us our school supply lists til school starts and my kids are older so it seems none of the stuff they need goes on sale. I need 3 of those 2 inch binders and they usually run around 8 or 9 bucks. Plus the dividers for them, Argh. I wish I were just looking for crayons and glue.

19. momof1princess

i have the same problem....i need binders, dividers, copy paper, calculator, etc., no crayons or school glue here, lol. i DID find 1.5 inch binders on rollback for $3.97 at wal-mart last week and a scientific calculator for $10.00.

20. BeenHereB4

:lmao: Yeah, I'm going to be happy that mine are still young enough to be needing only crayons and glue. I should start an envelope of $$ now for high school supplies!

21. mousebymarriage

mousebymarriage DIS Veteran

I live in New Jersey and was in Toys R Us on Friday, they had some school supplies out but, they also had a buy a backpack get a lunch box free thing going on. Now, this wasn't one of the lunch boxes attached to the backpack things, it was buy any backpack get any lunch box free (That's a $10 savings). I saw it in 2 Toys R Us stores here in New Jersey, I don't think it was advertised so I'm not sure when it ends.