• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Soarin' feel real?

Like someone said before, don't listen to the Disney downers. Soarin' is an amazing ride if you let it be. Sit at the very top (if possible) and let your imagination run. I promise on the first "drop" you'll feel that funny feeling in your stomach. It's always a must do for me!

I finally ended up front and center and the experience felt so much more real. I love it!! The smells add to the experience.

It's a fun ride, definitely give it a whirl, but IMO it doesn't feel "real." But then again test track doesn't feel like you are really inside a GM test track...but it's awesome!

It's real if you give into the magic that they are trying to create!

I think all of the scents are strong.

I personally am not a fan of Soarin. If you've never rode it before it's worth at least one ride, but I wouldn't waste my day on it. I find it to be very over rated.

Sorry Soarin fans, :goodvibes please don't flame me!

We have been on every spot on it. Sitting in the front feels even more real. It is one of our favorites. I feel like I am going to fall everytime lol. I had a few omg moments my first time on it. The ending is my kids favorite :)

Wait for the front row, it's the best vantage point and does actually make you feel like you're soaring at points ...

Seeing other people's feet dangling in your line of vision ruins the 'illusion'.

The screen definitely needs updating; unfortunately I don't think I'd be as impressed riding it now if it were my first time. Often times the scents are not working :(

However, the music, smoothness, 'breeze', and scenic views still make this ride a must-do for me.

Just wondering if it really does feel and look real?
Even if not it must still be amazing to see!

From reading most of the reviews on here it seems that Soarin is receiving quite negative reviews. I have to disagree. While there are some up dates that could be made to it (just like with any ride); over all it is one of the best rides in my opinion. It is a relaxing ride, smells are neat, feels realistic (if you can use a bit of imagination). I don't believe any of the rides feel or look the way that the Disney pictures/videos advertise them---so I don't base any ride on that (I mean think of TOT, RNRC, etc.). When it comes to rides, to each his own but I really like this one and don't let the negative comments sway your opinion until you are able to experience it yourself. :thumbsup2

No, it doesn't feel real. But, it's a good time. We only wait if it's a short line. We'll eat a quick service meal for dinner, then head over. It's not usually too crowded.

The kids love it. But, I do agree, the front row is the best.

Does it feel real? No, not really. It is pretty cool though. I like the attraction. Although, I wouldn't wait ninety minutes in line. We always get fastpasses.

I love Soaring! You have to experience it for yourself and ignore the negative comments. It is a popular ride because the fastpasses disappear very quickly. By the way, I didn't notice any dirt on the screen.

We went on Soarin four times during on trip in August. We loved the ride
but front row center is much better than third row on the side were you see
feet dangling from the other rows. We noticed 3 out 4 times the screen was
clean but one time black spots were appearing a few times.

It's like any other ride at Disney where some people will love and some won't.
It's best to try it once to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter