Does Coral Reef smell strongly of seafood?

BusyMom2Three

Mouseketeer
I know it's kind of an odd question since Coral Reef is primarily a seafood restaurant, but for anyone who's eaten there, does it smell strongly of seafood like some places do where you can smell it before you even walk in and it hits you when you walk in the door? :faint: I ask because we are a group of vegetarians and vegans, and DD and I are very sensitive to smells in general and can't tolerate strong seafood smells. I know it may not seem like the best choice for us, but they have one good vegan option that everyone will enjoy, and the kids will love being surrounded by the aquarium (we aren't on the DDP, so the kids get the red curry veggie noodle bowl w/ Gardein chik'n, too). :)

Never noticed a fishy smell. I've only recently begun to eat fish, so I'm very... aware... of those fishy smells.

No fish smell and try Rose And Crown too.. My parents are one vegetarian and one vegan and they loved it...

It does not. I recommend steering clear of Fulton's if you're sensitive to fishy scents, though. We went to their bar twice on our last trip and both times the smell was overwhelming. I found it odd because I've never noticed it on previous visits.

I know it's kind of an odd question since Coral Reef is primarily a seafood restaurant, but for anyone who's eaten there, does it smell strongly of seafood like some places do where you can smell it before you even walk in and it hits you when you walk in the door? :faint: I ask because we are a group of vegetarians and vegans, and DD and I are very sensitive to smells in general and can't tolerate strong seafood smells. I know it may not seem like the best choice for us, but they have one good vegan option that everyone will enjoy, and the kids will love being surrounded by the aquarium (we aren't on the DDP, so the kids get the red curry veggie noodle bowl w/ Gardein chik'n, too). :)

Only when the fish fart! :crazy2:

I am sensitive to "fishy" smells and did not have a problem at Coral Reef - now Cape May was a different story. However I did find Corel Reef to be very loud and disorganized. The food was just okay. We will not be going back

I am sensitive to "fishy" smells and did not have a problem at Coral Reef - now Cape May was a different story. However I did find Corel Reef to be very loud and disorganized. The food was just okay. We will not be going back

I agree with the Cape May comment. They tried to put us in the side room for breakfast and the fish smell was so strong in there we had to change tables/rooms..

Coral Reef was a favorite of mine, but we ate there last week and the meal was bad enough that I don't need to go back. And I got some vegan/vegetarian dish and I didn't finish it because it was so gross.

Coral Reef was a favorite of mine, but we ate there last week and the meal was bad enough that I don't need to go back. And I got some vegan/vegetarian dish and I didn't finish it because it was so gross.
Was it the curry noodle bowl with the faux chik'n on top? I thought my kids would like that but don't want to pay almost $20 for the dish unless it's pretty good.

I agree with the Cape May comment. They tried to put us in the side room for breakfast and the fish smell was so strong in there we had to change tables/rooms..
Thanks. We are actually staying at the Beach Club, but I was planning on avoiding Cape May because it didn't seem like there'd be many options for us. I hope the smell doesn't infiltrate the rest of BC. :crazy2: Do either of you remember?

I don't eat fish! I can smell it a mile away! LOL! CR does not smell at all! The only place I have been bothered by a fish smell is Cape May. I even had to leave the Martha Vineyard lounge because of the smell from CM last year!:sick:

Don't worry. I have always enjoyed the veg entree at coral reef. It has never smelled like fish either.

Truth is, if someplace smells "fishy" and it's not the smell of saute and spices with cooking fish, you probably shouldn't eat there. Fresh fish smells like the ocean, a little briney, but not strongly fishy.

As for my experience, we ate at Coral Reef almost two years ago. I didn't notice any fishy smell, the view is awesome, the food is good not great, and the place is pretty loud because there are no sound buffers and a giant glass wall reflecting all the noise back to the seating area.

My youngest DS is extremely sensitive to smells and commented on the smell the second we walked in the dining rom.

No - not even when served.
DH & DD are fish eaters
DW & DS are meat eaters.
We all get along at Coral Reef:thumbsup2

Was it the curry noodle bowl with the faux chik'n on top? I thought my kids would like that but don't want to pay almost $20 for the dish unless it's pretty good.

Yes.

Coral Reef was a favorite, but this last trip, the service and food was enough to write it off for future visits. The food was NOT good.

I have stayed at the Beach Club - we just don't walk through the lobby during dinner - if you are going to the Yacht Club restaurants just walk outside

We have stayed at the Beach Club. We just avoid the lobby at dinner time. If you want to go to the Yacht Club restaurants walk on the outside

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter