• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Coral Reef smell strongly of seafood?

OP, we are veggie and I am highly sensitive to smells, and I had a VERY hard time dining at Coral. I don't even know if salmon was on the menu but that's what the whole place smelled like to me when I was there.

If the kids are veggie, be aware that it can be hard to watch the aquarium while those around you are eating the cousins of the fish they are watching.

I have read that Sunshine Seasons has the chik'n as well now, and I like their tofu noodle bowl (which you can get without the broth in the form of a stir fry as a different option). So you might have other choices apart from the Reef.

nope, no fishy smell :) i am very very sensitive to it and didnt find it smelled at all (and i would have noticed ;) )

we have a lovely meal there, i hope you do too :)

OP, we are veggie and I am highly sensitive to smells, and I had a VERY hard time dining at Coral. I don't even know if salmon was on the menu but that's what the whole place smelled like to me when I was there.

If the kids are veggie, be aware that it can be hard to watch the aquarium while those around you are eating the cousins of the fish they are watching.

I have read that Sunshine Seasons has the chik'n as well now, and I like their tofu noodle bowl (which you can get without the broth in the form of a stir fry as a different option). So you might have other choices apart from the Reef.

The fish in the tanks are related to the fish that are served only in that they are all fish and live in water. However, the fish in the tanks are not what are served at Coral Reef, either exactly or in type. The tank has things like sharks, a turtle, and tropical/shallow depth sea fish. Most of the fish served are either deep sea or sustainable fish, which aren't in the tanks.

Sunshine Seasons is open-air kitchens and can be smelled through the whole Land building. The fish served there are displayed (in type/species and in the fact that the fish there will eventually be used for consumption on property) in "Living with the Land." Those who are sensitive to smells or seeing fish that were on a ride, or related to ones on a ride, will find that to be a worse option then Coral Reef. By a lot.

I have never noticed a fishy smell before but I did notice the last time we dined there that the cleanliness had decreased - eh. Service was okay, felt like one of the million diners at the time and we were kind of rushed. Hopefully you have a better experience!

I like the fact that most comments lean toward Coral Reef not having a "fishy" smell ....I have a shellfish allergy and yes I am aware Coral Reef is mostly seafood but I figured the atmosphere would be nice for my daughter to experience,also,they do serve one chicken dish which sounds appetizing...has anyone tried it before, its chicken breast served over spaetzle?

The fish in the tanks are related to the fish that are served only in that they are all fish and live in water. However, the fish in the tanks are not what are served at Coral Reef, either exactly or in type. The tank has things like sharks, a turtle, and tropical/shallow depth sea fish. Most of the fish served are either deep sea or sustainable fish, which aren't in the tanks.

Didn't the Coral Reef serve grouper at one point? I remember a time, maybe five years ago or more, when a grouper swam by our table and my partner kind of joked that he was going to order its brother. Could have just been wishful thinking, though. Grouper is delicious.

No fishy smell, but food is only fair at best. We no longer bother going there.

ElizabethB said:
No fishy smell, but food is only fair at best. We no longer bother going there.

Agreed. It was good 5-10 years ago. Each time I visited in the last few trips, it's gotten worse each time and now it's off our list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter