Does contacting guest services work?

Disney mac

Mouseketeer
We recently became AP holders and booked our first trip with an AP for July. Then this week we went and started to book fast passes and noticed the significant reduction in hours for July. When I called to ask I was pretty much in no certain terms told the hours are what they are and too bad. Never mind July is the hottest month and we had planned on using the water parks during the days and going to the parks at night when it's cooler and less crowded. But to my shock the hours are significantly less than they are this month in May.
Anyone had any success with guest services and any kind of decent explanation? Thanks in advance.

The hours are no final they might change between now and then. That is the best explanation you are going to get unfortunately.
Thanks. I'm just stunned at the way I was treated and the significant reduction in hours for the hottest and one of the busiest months of the year. I'm just really confused at the reduction in activities and shows compared to last year.

Ehh..nothing will come from contacting guest service. They have no control over the hours which are indeed subject to change, and it's very likely that they'll just give you a statement about the hours that their boss told them to say.

Due to Shanghai, they've cut back to try to recoup some of the money. However they very well could extend hours. Lately hours have been all over the place and posted rather late. So I'd stay positive about it definitely changing.

Last edited:

Thanks. I'm just stunned at the way I was treated and the significant reduction in hours for the hottest and one of the busiest months of the year. I'm just really confused at the reduction in activities and shows compared to last year.

Please note that the hours you see posted now, will not be the actual July hours as the dates get closer and they add hours and events.

Calling "Disney" to get explanations for just about anything is seldom a good plan.

Though I have to ask, after giving this lots of thought following tons of complaints about the hours, do the people that complain about Disney hours call other businesses when they don't have hours that suit them? What makes Disney different?
Why do so many people think Disney owes them longer hours? I guess I don't get it. I sure don't see it as complaint worthy. They are still open over 12 hours a day at MK
AKs hours will change with 100% certainty once the status of Rivers of Light is determined.
Epcot always closes at 9:00 except for some dates around the Holidays
HS is probably like MK and a bit unknown

Thanks. I can't imagine them shutting down the parks so early 4th of July weekend which is one of the busiest of the year. But we are within the 60 day window and its maddening trying to plan the fastpasses and Disney the way they recommend when you don't even know the hours with younger kids. Thanks for the info everyone. I don't know if enough people complain they will hear, but it's been pretty disappointing when I've called how I've been treated as an AP.

-it's been pretty disappointing when I've called how I've been treated as an AP.

Calling "Disney" to get explanations for just about anything is seldom a good plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: fbb
Though I have to ask, after giving this lots of thought following tons of complaints about the hours, do the people that complain about Disney hours call other businesses when they don't have hours that suit them? What makes Disney different?
Why do so many people think Disney owes them longer hours? I guess I don't get it. I sure don't see it as complaint worthy. They are still open over 12 hours a day at MK
AKs hours will change with 100% certainty once the status of Rivers of Light is determined.
Epcot always closes at 9:00 except for some dates around the Holidays
HS is probably like MK and a bit unknown
Angi, that's a fair question and I really respect the idea. I guess I'm complaining because summer is the only time I can go (teacher) and want to feel like I'm getting a value somewhat. The shortest published hours in the past 12 months makes me feel differently. And when I booked my reservations and bought my annual passes all the times in the parks were 1-2 hours longer than shown now. Just frustrating explaining to my kid who want to stay up late on his birthday (like his brother did last year) isn't going to happen as of now.

It is quite possible that the summer hours will be extended before your trip. They have every past year BS (Before Shanghai). Or, you might just as likely have the opportunity to fork over $149/pp (minus your AP discount) for the Disney After Hours event nights at MK.

# Thanks Shanghai.

I'm thinking of getting a t shirt printed up with this. Wonder if I'd get high 5s all day by the CM's, or get banned at the gate.

It is quite possible that the summer hours will be extended before your trip. They have every past year BS (Before Shanghai). Or, you might just as likely have the opportunity to fork over $149/pp (minus your AP discount) for the Disney After Hours event nights at MK.

# Thanks Shanghai.

I'm thinking of getting a t shirt printed up with this. Wonder if I'd get high 5s all day by the CM's, or get banned at the gate.
I was so shocked by your post I have been googling what you wrote about....Did people really spend $50 an hour for the ability to go to the park for 11-2am? What on earth is going on? That is insane. Why buy an Annual "Platinum" pass? To be able to spend more money per hour? Wow....please tell me people are realizing that for a family of 4 that is insane and have complained so bad it has gone away....

And as for Shanghai Disney, there are a lot of people that are saying that? That is just flat out insulting...and I would not only high 5 your shirt, I would buy you a drink for that one...

@op the others have answered regarding the hours, but may I ask about the other thing you said. How did they treat you, and how did you expect to be treated as an AP? Were they rude or impolite to you?

I think complaining or questioning Disney about their hours is completely justified, not that anything will be done about it. They have created an environment where their customers have to make their plans months in advance.
I know it isn't going to happen, but I wish they would either release the final hours to start with or make their reservation policy for dining and fastpasses different.

I think complaining or questioning Disney about their hours is completely justified, not that anything will be done about it. They have created an environment where their customers have to make their plans months in advance.
I know it isn't going to happen, but I wish they would either release the final hours to start with or make their reservation policy for dining and fastpasses different.
That I totally agree with. I will never understand why they can't set park hours at the beginning and be done with it. That part has nothing to do with Shanghai.

And I do realize sometimes they make day of decisions to chage hours. That is not what I find annoying. It's their setting initial hours and changing them later

It's been pretty disappointing when I've called how I've been treated as an AP.

It's probably good you've learned this lesson fairly early on -- Disney doesn't particularly care more about AP holders than guests who use MYW tickets. In fact, Disney seems to hold AP holders in less regard simply because they don't spend as much and tend to expect more than your average guest.

I was so shocked by your post I have been googling what you wrote about....Did people really spend $50 an hour for the ability to go to the park for 11-2am? What on earth is going on? That is insane. Why buy an Annual "Platinum" pass? To be able to spend more money per hour? Wow....please tell me people are realizing that for a family of 4 that is insane and have complained so bad it has gone away....

And as for Shanghai Disney, there are a lot of people that are saying that? That is just flat out insulting...and I would not only high 5 your shirt, I would buy you a drink for that one...

Actually, people seem to really be enjoying DAH, despite the price. It's one of the first times in recent memory that Disney promised that a limited number of tickets would be sold and actually kept that promise.

Although, I'm wondering how much was "promise keeping" and how much was "Nobody else bought any."
Who knows if the total number of tickets will be a moving target, but there were people who tried to buy tickets the day of the event last week and were told it was "sold out".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter