Does anyone use paper planners anymore?

mrseace711

DIS Veteran
:goodvibes I have tried the digital organziers to keep track of budgets, schedules ect... It simply does not work for me :confused3 My weekly/monthly generic planner is getting ready to kick the dust although it worked OKAY for me...

Im looking for recommendations for a paper planner... Then I thought hmmm does anyone even use them still?

I totally still use paper. I used to use a Day Runner binder until the spine cracked. I know you can still get the refills at Office Max. Now I just buy one of those smaller, spiral bound ones. The best thing is that at this time of year you can find them pretty cheap.

I use a paper planner for work and personal appointments. I get a spiral bound one at staples that fits in my leather portfolio. I truly would be lost without it. I suppose if I had an Ipad or something like that, I could use it for appointments, but I don't. I have a work laptop, but it is time consuming to get it booted and ready to go when I am making appointments and the calendar system is a little glitchy, so I stick with my planner.

ETA: For a recommendation, the one I use is the Staples brand academic weekly appointment book. It's 8x10

I use paper as well. Digital can be a pain in the rear! By the time you turn it on, press this button, move this, do that.... I would have already gotten to the page/date I need to see what I'm doing.

Also, I use paper for my budgeting. I find I like it better because I can flip back and ahead to months/dates, etc (see above) much quicker than with electronics. Also, paper never "crashes".

For those who say I can lose a paper planner or whatever? I keep my budget books at home, never leave. As for my calendar book? I keep one in my bag and the other on the wall at home for quick reference.

yes, i still use paper. i have a calendar in the kitchen with all appointments on it, and a pocket planner with everything written in it on my desk. i actually got the pocket planner free from my chiropractor-hope she gives them out next year too!

I am never without my weekly planner the DayMinder brand in my purse. It has a "cover" to it and you can tuck doctor app't cards and stuff in it. I write all important phone #'s, insurance info I won't remember, and other info in the back of the planner.

:goodvibes I have tried the digital organziers to keep track of budgets, schedules ect... It simply does not work for me :confused3 My weekly/monthly generic planner is getting ready to kick the dust although it worked OKAY for me...

Im looking for recommendations for a paper planner... Then I thought hmmm does anyone even use them still?

I use my cell phone. Have been for about 3-4 years now.

I used plain computer as my date planner. Also I design my own date planner sheets and print them out. I love it.

I still use paper. :goodvibes

For work, I have a monthly day-to-day calendar that is bound (I get a new one every year.)

But for home, I print off calendars (that take up a whole 8.5x11 inch piece of paper). You can find them on the internet. I keep the calendar in the 'frig and put them in a three ring binder. I now have 14 years of calendars! I love looking back on them ... I have the due date, then the birth date of my third son. :goodvibes I keep telling my husband I am saving them for when my kids get older and tell me we never did anything with them ... I am then going to pull out the calendar that has on some days 5 activities going on in one evening! :rotfl:

I can not get away from using a paper planner. Like they say if it's not broke, don't fix it. I've tried all sorts and the only one that has worked for me is the Amy Knapp Family Organizer. I would lose myself if I didn't have this planner!!

love mom's agenda products. I have the monthly calendar, day planner, and the one where you write in what happens each week for the fridge.

I need to go back to a paper planner. In the past I swore by them, my entire life was documented and never forgotten. This past year I moved to the digital age of calendars synced with my work email and it hasn't worked out so well. It works for work stuff but not personal life, 1) because it takes too long to access when not on the computer, 2) referencing it on my phone is not always accurate, and 3) when I put in my personal info on the calendar everyone that I have shared my calendar can see what I have planned.

Previously I used the Day Runner Planners and just replaced the pages with refill sheets. The university that I attended/work at gives them away for free at the beginning of the fall semester so I usually go with that one. Prior to going paperless I bought a nice spiral notebook (mid-sized) and drew in a years work of lines, dates, and holidays. I then filled in as I went. It worked out well as it had personality, plus it had tabs that I used for other items.

I did, until recently, when I purchased my first "grown up" phone. I am the proud owner of a new HTC Evo and I discovered an ap for that, Cozi. It is a centralized calendar, to do list, shopping list. The calendar is great - you can import you school calendars, google calendars, outlook, etc. You can have it set up to text you appointment reminders. It is great. Each family member has a color code, just check off who needs to be reminded and it sends a text.

DH was working near a local farm we buy our vegetables at. I told him I would make a list in Cozi. I called to remind him, and he told me - didn't you notice I crossed the things of the list???

Now that I think of it, since I bought this phone - I am pretty much paper free.

Janis

Yes to paper! I just discovered last night that Snapfish has stopped making the notebook style calendar I've used for the past 5 or 6 years (with adorable photos of my boys on the cover -- people comment on my calendars all the time!). I can't find another company that makes a similar photo one so I'm thinking I may have to quit my job and become hermit somewhere since I'm not sure how to manage our lives without it. :rotfl: Seriously, this thread was well timed for me and I'll be checking out some of your suggestions for them, even if my boys won't be on the cover.

I did, until recently, when I purchased my first "grown up" phone. I am the proud owner of a new HTC Evo and I discovered an ap for that, Cozi. It is a centralized calendar, to do list, shopping list. The calendar is great - you can import you school calendars, google calendars, outlook, etc. You can have it set up to text you appointment reminders. It is great. Each family member has a color code, just check off who needs to be reminded and it sends a text.

DH was working near a local farm we buy our vegetables at. I told him I would make a list in Cozi. I called to remind him, and he told me - didn't you notice I crossed the things of the list???

Now that I think of it, since I bought this phone - I am pretty much paper free.

Janis

Thanks for the recommendation, they offer it on the iPhone too!

I still use paper. Maybe I'm an old fogie, but it's more comfortable to me, and so easy to use. Also, my kids input a lot of their own stuff--I have 4, ages 5-16.

I hang a desk calendar in my kitchen--each of us has their own highlighter color. If it's not on the calendar, it's not happening! This is real handy because everyone can see it. In addition, I have a grocery list and separate Wal-Mart/Target list on the fridge. My kid know to "add it to the list" if they need socks, pencils, or use the last of the pickles.

Then I have a purse-szed calendar/organizer tha'ts all mine. I'm currently using Organizher, which I believe is Real Simple from Target. I might go a different way next year--I've been drooling over the different option sin Staples, but won't change while I have one that works. One of my big issues is, having enough space for each family member, especially as my family grows. For example, this fall I'll have three kids in a total of 13 dance classes, and that's just one activity! Throw in scouts, music, sports, and other extras, and I'm a planning fool!

Planners are not obsolete. I was them in the back to school section at Target yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter