Does anyone use paper planners anymore?

I can not get away from using a paper planner. Like they say if it's not broke, don't fix it. I've tried all sorts and the only one that has worked for me is the Amy Knapp Family Organizer. I would lose myself if I didn't have this planner!!

I use the Amy Knapp planner as well - love it! :love:

I use the paper planner too. I tried using the calendar on my iPhone and even considered buying an app, but it just doesm't work for me. I use the cheap one from Walmart... The monthly calendar, and I use it all the time!

I used to swear by my paper planner - until I set up a family google calendar on my iphone and my husband's. We both are doing a good job keeping it updated so that has really helped us stay organized. Plus I like the reminders that pop up - with our crazy schedules it it nice to them!

The best part is I was able to share our calendar with my family. So they know what we are up to and can see when the kids have different events. My Dad tells my Mom all the time what we are up to.

I hang a desk calendar in my kitchen--each of us has their own highlighter color. If it's not on the calendar, it's not happening! This is real handy because everyone can see it. In addition, I have a grocery list and separate Wal-Mart/Target list on the fridge. My kid know to "add it to the list" if they need socks, pencils, or use the last of the pickles.

Then I have a purse-szed calendar/organizer tha'ts all mine. I'm currently using Organizher, which I believe is Real Simple from Target. I might go a different way next year--I've been drooling over the different option sin Staples, but won't change while I have one that works. One of my big issues is, having enough space for each family member, especially as my family grows. For example, this fall I'll have three kids in a total of 13 dance classes, and that's just one activity! Throw in scouts, music, sports, and other extras, and I'm a planning fool!

The bolded part sounds like our house...or at least when the kids were smaller, although, anyone living in the house in the moment (3 of 5 this summer), know to add it, or, like you say, "it's not happening". I

I do, however use my IPOD touch (no fancy phone here ) to have in my purse with both school and home dates. I do love my Touch! My principal gave us paper planners last year with refills this year. I rarely used it, because my Touch did the trick. I may try to figure out a different use for it for this school year. Tracking kids? Tracking conferences? :confused3

I use my Franklin Covey planner. I highly recommend them. They have a lot of different designs for the pages as well as the binders.

I have a paper planner in my purse that has everything on it, work stuff, home stuff, school stuff, kid stuff. I also have a calendar on my fridge that has all that stuff. I keep a copy on my ipod touch and one on my computer.

Have had planners go missing, computer crashes, the ipod touch recently crashed and had to be sent back to apple.

I like having multiple copies just to be on the safe side.

i still use one, i love writing things down and checking them off....i always get one that target sells, and the refill fits in my leather case.... i will admit that i get really excited each year when i get to buy my new planner:goodvibes

I use my Franklin Covey planner. I highly recommend them. They have a lot of different designs for the pages as well as the binders.

+1 :thumbsup2

I love my Franklin Planner.

The initial start-up cost on it is a bit high, but I wouldn't trade it for electronic.

Paper for me too! I don't have a fancy phone and if I did I would still prefer paper!

Pierre Belvedere planner. I use it for planning, writing my expenses and I'm also a Weight Watcher so I use it for keeping track of my food/points.

pierrebelvedere.com

I have tried to switch to digital on my phone and on my iPad, but I still prefer paper in my purse. I bought planners for me and for my 2 dd's who use them for school, at Vera Bradley. They have a few different ones and they are really nice quality. I will most likely use the one on my phone for Disney though. I don't want to lug my planner around!

Just got my new one at Target. They had a bunch of different styles. Not expensive.

I use paper as well. I have one for work. At home I use a calendar.

I will admit to trying to use my phone or using my calendar on the laptop. I don't like having to stop and pull it up. I can grab my planner and see everything in seconds, while i am on the phone! It seems so much simpler to me but then again, I am not all that computer savvy and there are probably 100 easier ways to do it!

Kelly

I have an addiction to paper planners. I've used so many different ones: DayTimers, Franklin Covey, Filofax, Moleskine, etc. I even worked for Franklin Covey for a few years selling paper and electronic planners.

DH and I use Google Calendars with our iPhones also and I'm able to access his and add appointments and activities, but I still cannot get myself away from a paper planner.

My most recent find which I absolutely love are the Erin Condren Life Planners and the new ones for 2011/2012 were just released on her site this week (here's the link). They are expensive but so totally worth it! I was lucky enough to nab a Groupon for her website that I've been holding on to waiting for the new 2012 planner to come out so I got a new one for half off. Here's a link to a video for the new version of her Life Planner.

I did, until recently, when I purchased my first "grown up" phone. I am the proud owner of a new HTC Evo and I discovered an ap for that, Cozi. It is a centralized calendar, to do list, shopping list. The calendar is great - you can import you school calendars, google calendars, outlook, etc. You can have it set up to text you appointment reminders. It is great. Each family member has a color code, just check off who needs to be reminded and it sends a text.

DH was working near a local farm we buy our vegetables at. I told him I would make a list in Cozi. I called to remind him, and he told me - didn't you notice I crossed the things of the list???

Now that I think of it, since I bought this phone - I am pretty much paper free.

Janis

Thanks for the recommendation, they offer it on the iPhone too!
This sounds really great for my soon to be college student daughter who has an Iphone. Is this a free app?

DH and I use Google Calendars with our iPhones also and I'm able to access his and add appointments and activities, but I still cannot get myself away from a paper planner.
My DH also uses Google calendar...I wonder if this would be good for my daughter.

I have an old fashioned cell phone and my "planner" is a calendar hung on the fridge. Works for me.

But DD definitely needs an electronic calendar that will text her or set off an alarm as an appt reminder.

Ive different digital scheduling using my android, my Ipod Touch, Google, Microsoft, Cozi, I even owned a PalmZ a few years back that unfortunatly was not waterproof (leaky sippy cup:headache:) I just never keep up with typing it into my phone/laptop/ect.. I keep my paper planner in my purse (I know its not waterproof but I no longer carry sippy cups YAY lol) and when I get to work it sits on my desk proudly so that during downtime I jot reminders in it and highlight away this is my version of doodling :laughing: Ive used different Mom agendas also just havent found one I LOVE it seems that alot of neat ones(with stickers, meals planners, to do lists ect) have space for 2 kids :confused3 So I end up back at the cheapie school type planner. I love checking out what other parents use then I go and google it to see if it would work well for me :upsidedow every school year I buy new but not before I walk thru bookstores, Target, Walmart, Calender kiosks at the mall, and browse Amazon for reviews =) I know its not that serious(I enjoy this lol) but without an organizer life would be upside down

Yes to paper! I just discovered last night that Snapfish has stopped making the notebook style calendar I've used for the past 5 or 6 years (with adorable photos of my boys on the cover -- people comment on my calendars all the time!). I can't find another company that makes a similar photo one so I'm thinking I may have to quit my job and become hermit somewhere since I'm not sure how to manage our lives without it. :rotfl: Seriously, this thread was well timed for me and I'll be checking out some of your suggestions for them, even if my boys won't be on the cover.

I just visited the Snapfish website last week to make my new "back to school" notebook style calendar. So upset that they no longer make them. I was hoping another company offered this - but sounds like they don't! I loved having my son's picture from a favorite vacation on the front each year.

Ive different digital scheduling using my android, my Ipod Touch, Google, Microsoft, Cozi, I even owned a PalmZ a few years back that unfortunatly was not waterproof (leaky sippy cup:headache:) I just never keep up with typing it into my phone/laptop/ect.. I keep my paper planner in my purse (I know its not waterproof but I no longer carry sippy cups YAY lol) and when I get to work it sits on my desk proudly so that during downtime I jot reminders in it and highlight away this is my version of doodling :laughing: Ive used different Mom agendas also just havent found one I LOVE it seems that alot of neat ones(with stickers, meals planners, to do lists ect) have space for 2 kids :confused3 So I end up back at the cheapie school type planner. I love checking out what other parents use then I go and google it to see if it would work well for me :upsidedow every school year I buy new but not before I walk thru bookstores, Target, Walmart, Calender kiosks at the mall, and browse Amazon for reviews =) I know its not that serious(I enjoy this lol) but without an organizer life would be upside down

I no longer need to keep track of a bunch of kids ;) but when I did, as a SAHM I used a wall calendar that had columns for each family member across the top and the calendar days going down the side. That was really useful. Looking at my hair salon's wire-bound appointment book one day I realized that it would be perfect for a family as well - instead of the different hairdressers across the top, it could be our family members. Just a thought. I hope I make sense! :goodvibes

The bolded is my problem, too--I have 4 kids, ages 5-16--they all have activities, not to mention the usual doctor's appointments and all. The Organizher has spaces I can divide amnd have 2 kids in one block, if that makes sense. Sort of like the beauty shop planner, but my names go down the side, with the days across the top. I use different colored highlighters at home, but that's not practical when I'm out. I still haven't found my ONE PERFECT SYSTEM.

While I like the idea of going electronic, and I do believe DD16 does that for herself, I just couldn't count on my family keeping up. At least my multi-colored desk calendar is right by the door, so there's no excuse not to use/check it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter