Does anyone plan on paper anymore?

I do not understand this paper thing that everyone keeps talking about. :) I am an Excel girl all the way! Frankly, once we are there the plan changes so much. I can manage FP+ and ADRs from my phone. The rest of the detail tends to go out the window. My DH thinks I'm nuts, but appreciates it in the end. I really just enjoy creating the massive magical spreadsheet!

Everyone is different because after all these years I thought FP+ made our trips more relaxing and spur of the moment fun.
We stay for 10+ days so having our 3 must haves prior allowed us to sleep in more, more pool time, less rushing IMO
I always picked our FP+ back to back hours to allow that flexibility the 2nd half of the day.
Even when we got our FP+ for MSEP and Wishes, we had dinner at BOG prior, didn't know what to do with 3rd FP so prior to dinner we booked M&G with A&E. My DD was thrilled. She wore her Belle dress to meet the beast but met her other two fav princesses prior to dinner all dressed up.
I can see that, but what about the planning?
That's what I hate, planning everything out in advance. IMO it takes way to much time and isn't fun.

I do not understand this paper thing that everyone keeps talking about. :) I am an Excel girl all the way! Frankly, once we are there the plan changes so much. I can manage FP+ and ADRs from my phone. The rest of the detail tends to go out the window. My DH thinks I'm nuts, but appreciates it in the end. I really just enjoy creating the massive magical spreadsheet!

Excel for me too!

3 ring binder. Tabbed dividers for each day, with lined paper in each section. Each day has a map of our designated park with hours at the top. Our tentative plans begin on the lined paper. Every time I make a change, I cross out the old & add in the new with the date of the change. The week prior, I type it up and pass out copies to each family in our group.

ADD is a funny thing - I can be hyper focused and organized on this, but an organized house??? Nope! :joker:

I write all our travel plans down on a yellow legal pad. I have pages, and pages of notes for several different trip ideas. Once everything is finalized then I type it up and print it out. It is something about putting pen to paper that helps me get going.

I had a Disney-designated notebook that I used for planning. I took it with me to the parks to keep on track and to take notes of additional attractions we rode.

I can see that, but what about the planning?
That's what I hate, planning everything out in advance. IMO it takes way to much time and isn't fun.

For me I think the extensive planning is 50% of the fun. It's my way of getting excited about the trip months and months in advance.

I use a spreadsheet format someone from the DIS shared with me years ago. One page with park hours, one for Dining, transportation and a catch-all for our Daily Plan

I do a combination. While planning, I'm totally a tactile pen & paper sort of person. I keep everything in a dedicated 3 ring binder that has printouts of the maps and cute planning printouts that I've gathered from the internet and/or made. It's nice being able to erase and shuffle the papers around.

Once my plans are all mapped out and finalized, I'm going to enter them into the excel spreadsheet I've made. After, I will transfer them into Adobe InDesign to make myself a little to-do booklet for the trip that includes maps, ADRs, fast pass times, and our schedules for each day.

Might seem a little overboard, but it keeps me excited while waiting to go! (Plus, who doesn't want to tour with a nice, neat, little package to tell them what to do next?)

I do both! I have a notebook and a binder, and I also have spreadsheets for planning. I am computer-savvy (I worked in IT for many years actually). I love technology, but I also still love my pen and paper lists! Plus, I currently have an older smartphone and I didn't trust it to bring up what I wanted quickly enough when in the parks. Our last trip I printed out each days' fastpass selections and ADRs. Glad I did - since DD's phone was flaking out during the trip too and she was so grateful I printed out her and her fiance's fastpass selections too, since we had different plans each day. So much so, that by Day 3 of our trip she was in the habit of asking for her printout in the morning as we headed out of the room.

I've got an excel file with about 5 sheets worth of info. Mind you, this is a much more involved vacation than my normal Disney trips.

In the past I've been fine with a notebook but did most of my planning in my head or on the computer but this time around I cannot wrap my head around anything but a big wall size planning grid. I hung papers for each day and I have ADRs and events on sticky notes to move around.

I don't know if it is just me or if other people are very visual and plan this way? Curious!

I plan online and spreadsheet. I also print my spreadsheet to take with me on the trip. I'm visual like that as well. :)

3 ring binder. Tabbed dividers for each day, with lined paper in each section. Each day has a map of our designated park with hours at the top. Our tentative plans begin on the lined paper. Every time I make a change, I cross out the old & add in the new with the date of the change. The week prior, I type it up and pass out copies to each family in our group.

ADD is a funny thing - I can be hyper focused and organized on this, but an organized house??? Nope! :joker:

Oh my kitchen is organized....my disney stuff is mostly organized (the notebook is scattered) but the rest of life isn't always, it's difficult!

In the parks I rely on my phone but I do keep a small paper with numbers and info on it.

I just use My Disney Experience, move things around up to and including the week before I leave and then I have a great plan for what to do in the parks. I *gasp* write down our FastPasses on a little slip of paper and tuck that behind my driver's license in my small bag and we are set. That's all we do.

Excel and save in Google docs before we leave. Can access it my phone also the Disney app makes things a little easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter