Does anyone else expect a "rant" in this coming weeks show?

Will there be a rant on the 10/06 DisUnplugged show

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah. I didn't even realize it was showing cigaret sales. I probably should have read the post closer.
I think it was addressing Kevin's point earlier that lots of people say they'll quit smoking when the price hits a certain price and then the price goes up but people still smoke. The reality is that the smoking rate fell significantly over the years. To be fair, though, that can't all be attributed to the price. The growing awareness of the health risks and restrictions on marketing had a lot to do with it too. Still, I've had a lot of patients quit smoking and when I ask what finally got them to quit, the most common answer I hear is the price.

I just hope people don't quit going to Disney in droves because of the price. Quitting smoking is a good thing. Quitting Disney is not.

I think it was addressing Kevin's point earlier that lots of people say they'll quit smoking when the price hits a certain price and then the price goes up but people still smoke. The reality is that the smoking rate fell significantly over the years. To be fair, though, that can't all be attributed to the price. The growing awareness of the health risks and restrictions on marketing had a lot to do with it too. Still, I've had a lot of patients quit smoking and when I ask what finally got them to quit, the most common answer I hear is the price.

I just hope people don't quit going to Disney in droves because of the price. Quitting smoking is a good thing. Quitting Disney is not.
Except the common theme in this thread has been "vote with your wallet"
If people stop going, the price (won't go down) will be steady at the very least.

But since you'll still visit and pay the upcharge why shouldn't there be blackout dates? Disney knows they have you so they'll continue to raise prices. The cigarette analogy is perfect.

I would make a wager that within 5 years that top end pass will be at least 50% higher.

Disney is happy to shed the pass holders that say it is too high. They know either others will be there to pick up the slack or the increased price will make up for the non-renewals. Agree or disagree with them, but Disney really knows how to work their financials to maximize profits.

Why? Reconsidering buying additional DVC contracts worth thousands of dollars is reason enough.

Why? Reconsidering buying additional DVC contracts worth thousands of dollars is reason enough.
The thing is though, again, they'll probably still have others lining up to buy initial contracts, and maybe still others not worried about blackout dates and the price increase willing to buy those points anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter