Does anyone do anything creative with their old key cards?

I have seen this done with concert tickets:

What about getting a shadow box frame, and making a scrapbook type page for the background of it, then just pile the KTTW cards in the bottom, with a goal to fill it up? Fun memories, but also decoration, and a conversation piece! ;)

We put our KTTW cards from both our cruises and WDW in our scrapbooks. I usually glue them to the inside of the front cover of the scrapbook.

I recently did this with an empty Disney giftcard, but you could do the same with a KTTW card.

I received some luggage tags that were the same card-size from United Airlines. I didn't like the design on them though, so I used E-6000 glue to stick the cute Disney card on the front. My husband used an exacto knife to cut the hole for the strap to go through. It turned out so cute!

As for our KTTW cards... they're in the pile with all the other Disney stuff waiting to be scrapbooked!

They can also be used for self defense.

cards-as-weapons-1553-1277226105-14.jpg

blog_kirsten_rjclose.jpg

On our last trip to WDW, we noticed at the Art of Disney stores pictures you could hang that were mattes with cutouts in the shape of Mickey, Cinderella's Castle, and a rose layered over a bunch of pins.

They also sold just the cutouts (although smaller) so that you could layer it over your own pin collage. We bought some of the cutout mattes and are planning to layer them over our old KTW cards from WDW, DL, DL Paris, DCL, and HKDL glued onto a picture frame back and hang it on the wall.

I love all the ideas. I have kept all of our KTTW cards (WDW and Cruise), DLR cards and expired APs in our disney keepsake box.

Well, not really a box anymore. It started as a Disney Keepsake box, then it became a Disney Keepsake Drawer, then it became a Disney Keepsake Storage Container and finally (now) it is a Disney Keepsake Cedar Chest at the end of my bed.

Pretty soon I'm going to have to change that to a Disney Keepsake Room (well, my bedroom may be close to that already with all our ear hats on display around the room). :rotfl2:

love the ideas! a magnetic strip on back sounds like the perfect answer for a lazy person such as myself:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter