Does anyone do anything creative with their old key cards?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cctimmom, Aug 13, 2012.

1. cctimmom

cctimmom Mouseketeer

we have saved most of our Key to the World Cards... I want to do something to save them all in one place... I thought of getting a wallet... I've thought of getting badge holders and tying them together with ribbon... just wondering what others have done with theirs if they have saved them.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cctimmom

cctimmom Mouseketeer

(side note... I just checked on eBay searching under "Cruise Lanyard"... and a Castaway Club Gold Member (or someone who go their hands on them) is selling their lanyards for EIGHT DOLLARS... SERIOUSLY?!?!??!?! just.wow!

4. flexsmom

flexsmom <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I don't do anything with all of our old cards, but we did do an extended family cruise once for New Years, courtesy of my in-laws. My father-in-law, husband, and then-6-year-old DS took a photo one night with DS sitting inside of a life-sized "frame" that DH and FIL are holding. I framed that picture with all three of their specific card keys around them. They are namesakes - Sr., Jr., and III - so it's very cool. I'm sure my son will love having that in his home some day.......he likes it even now!

5. miry

miry Mouseketeer

Ours become part of our scrapbooks. I use everything from luggage tags to napkins to the little covers on the glasses. It all becomes background or accessorizes the main pictures on the page.

6. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

The ebayer is TRYING to sell the lanyards -- I wonder what they'll actually go for.

(slightly off-topic) After the first DCL Hawaiian cruise, people were trying to sell a set of four gift napkins with napkin rings on ebay. They're machine-embroidered with the Disney characters and the date of the inaugural cruise, and they are cute, which is why I'd like an additional set, but sellers were trying to get more than $100. for them. They've since dropped to a more realistic price, but they're still more than I'm willing to pay.

7. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

Mine is in my journal.

8. LunaCup

LunaCup 1 cruise away from Gold Castaway Club Membership!

I've made wall art with Starbucks gift cards before by gluing them side by side in the shape of a square onto posterboard. Then I used ribbon to hang it onto the wall. If you have enough cards you could do the same thing. Unfortunately I don't have enough yet, I guess that means I need to take more cruises!

9. Brumbie13

Brumbie13 Mr. Mickeybars

Ours are in a pile of things we'll never actually get around to scrapbooking...

10. hamm1207

hamm1207 Alaskan DIS Veteran

I'm interested in seeing this idea. Do you have any pictures! We have tons of KTTW cards, and i'd like to do something other than keep them in a box.

11. rmcildw2m

rmcildw2m DIS Veteran

I have saved all mine from the park trips and the cruise trips that we have taken over 12 years worth .

12. snwwht

snwwht Mouseketeer

We glue magnets to the back and keep them on the fridge !

13. sweetpee_1993

sweetpee_1993 DIS Veteran

Mine, too. I have a whole box of Disney scrapbooking stuff I've been collecting for years. Spent a small fortune. Never done a thing with any of it. :lmao:

14. sue

sue love my DVC

:thumbsup2
    Cute idea!

15. rantnnravin

rantnnravin No room in the suitcase? U can land a plane in it!

THIS!!!:thumbsup2

so glad i'm not the only one
    :rotfl2:

16. LunaCup

LunaCup 1 cruise away from Gold Castaway Club Membership!

I'm visiting family but when I get home in a few days I'll post a pic for you (if I can figure out how lol).

Cute!

17. disneybeachprincess

disneybeachprincess Disney Girl from Day One

I took an extra KTTW card on my Dream cruise in June & use it to keep the lights on! That way I had my active one w/me & didn't accidently leave it in the room. :cool1:

18. Gina

Gina Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99

I got my DS a guitar pick punch last Christmas, and he made a bunch of picks from his old KTTW cards. :goodvibes

19. tworgs

tworgs Mouseketeer

We have all our room keys dating back to 1978 in a business card folder that we purchased at Staples.i think you can also get them at a good camera store. It's nice to look back and remember the trips we have taken

20. designertravels

designertravels Mouseketeer

Great idea, I guess you need a special cutter for that?

Jill

21. Gina

Gina Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99

Yeah, it looks like a big-ish stapler. It's really cool -- he had so many old KTTW cards, arcade cards, etc., that he was able to turn into momento picks. I got it at Think Geek. :goodvibes

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e91b/?srp=1