Does anybody else think that...

Through Marketing way of thinking those words are for promotion and that ofcourse drive some of the visitors although some doubt still those words make them feel comfortable. Everyone can't really say that those words on if they haven't seen it yet and so you customers are not sure whether you will receive what you think you will. Just be careful before having the decision. Ask your family and friends for recommendation if they do know something.

Oh yeah, that's another classic. I saw one for a place on the south end of Poinciana the other day that said "just minutes to Disney." I guess it wasn't a lie, it was certainly "minutes," many of them, but it was definitely misleading, and if rented there I wouldn't give a good reference or refer them to anyone. Maybe wording like "Away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist areas, but within a short drive" might be better wording.

I've been looking through VRBO out of curiosity. As a potential renter I'd much rather be told the truth and have them use words like "comfortable furnishings" instead of a total lie "high quality furnishings." And frankly if I were traveling with kids, the words "designer" and "high quality" would probably scare me off. Although if I looked at the photos and turned on my brain, I'd quickly realize the truth with many of them.

This was the case for us last summer. If anything said "designer", "luxury", "high-end", "high quality", I just skipped over them. We were traveling with 5 kids (one a toddler). All I was looking for was clean, comfortable, a private pool and a reasonable price. I booked a home that was described that way and was very happy with my choice. It was in Clermont and the management company gave a very realistic estimate as to the travel time to WDW, US/IOA, Seaworld and BG. In fact, we liked it so well we'd book it again when traveling to the Orlando area.

Personally I think that is along the same lines as our home is 10 minutes to Disney.

Some of the homes may be 10 miles away but certainly not 10 minutes away.

But if they're 10 minutes as the crow flies from the nearest square inch of Disney PROPERTY, they can say it's true. In fact, almost all of the condo ads will say they are minutes from Disney. And it is in fact, true.

What they DON'T tell you is exactly the travel time to the gate of the park...now that's a completely different story. In reality, all condos are going to take some time to travel from. Half hour from door to gate, minimum. By the time you pull out of your parking spot, drive to the park's parking lot, pay for the parking, follow the lines of cars to your spot, get your stuff and family out of the car, walk to the gate, get your bag checked, your ticket scanned...it's an easy half hour total. Or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter