Do you want to/need to see Bin Laden's body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And therefore look like the type of slugs the terrorists are. I don't think we want to do that anyway, but certainly need to look somewhat human to the rest of the world. It's not like Obama threw him a public funeral and said a prayer for him.

Personally, I think the terrorists more "thug" than "slug". I can see your point, it doesn't hurt to give his body due burial rights, I can see that, even though I think he was an abomination.

I just hope he had enough time to crap his pants before the lights went out.

I hope his body is made short work of by all the nasty things in the sea.

images

:thumbsup2

I agree...this man was supposidly responsible for 9/11...and we are gonna bury him honorably? REALLY?? That just makes no sense..

I can understand our feelings of not wanting to give him the type of burial he would want, but it's very likely that our government made that choice to minimize anger that those of Muslim faith would feel towards us (and in turn would gain more sympathy for him and his group) for not honoring their traditions/customs.

I understand why they buried him at sea and quite frankly, who cares if their "tradition" says to bury within 24 hours-we are talking about a terrorist that has killed thousands and thousands of people-I think he gave up his right to having a burial of his choice :lmao:. I still think that they should have offered more proof than a news conference--during election campaigning time :rolleyes1.

If this is some election stunt, and bin Laden isn't dead..do you REALLY believe that he'd lay low and keep quiet while all of us "infidels" celebrate his death??

And can you imagine that complete loss of faith in every aspect of the US government if this was found to be a lie?

There is no reason to believe that bin laden isn't really and truly dead.

They just reported on The Today Show that a burial at sea could be considered offensive in the Muslim world, but that it is customary to bury the dead quickly. So, we buried him quickly according to Muslim tradition, but somewhere where there can't be a shrine erected to him. Sounds like a good balance to me.

I don't give a rat's butt what Muslim faith decrees for burial. He could have been strung up on the flag pole and hung for a year for all I care. Following his faith's customs would have been the last thing on my mind. It does make for a good excuse to not have the body hanging around tho. Stored in a nice cold little black hole somewhere.

This has nothing to do with not appreciating a faith's burial rights, it has everything to do with not according him the grace and respect owed to a normal human being.
That is extremely short sighted of you IMO. The last thing our country needs is to be seen disrespecting Muslim burial traditions. Why give al-Qaeda more to rally against? I'm glad that the US got rid of his body like the hot potato it was.

They just reported on The Today Show that a burial at sea could be considered offensive in the Muslim world, but that it is customary to bury the dead quickly. So, we buried him quickly according to Muslim tradition, but somewhere where there can't be a shrine erected to him. Sounds like a good balance to me.

:thumbsup2
Don't go makin' sense now...

I can understand our feelings of not wanting to give him the type of burial he would want, but it's very likely that our government made that choice to minimize anger that those of Muslim faith would feel towards us (and in turn would gain more sympathy for him and his group) for not honoring their traditions/customs.

I agree. I was surprised at first to hear that OBL been buried at sea so quickly, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. As we were closing in on OBL, President Obama and his advisors had time to think about and discuss various scenarios with the body. Realistically, they knew the operation would result in OBL's death, as he was not going to be taken alive. Burying the body at sea immediately means honoring the religious customs of the Islamic faith, not allowing a pilgrimage to be made of the burial site, and not having the rest of the world debate the best/right course of action.

I have faith that TPTB took all that and more into consideration and followed the best course of action.

That is extremely short sighted of you IMO. The last thing our country needs is to be seen disrespecting Muslim burial traditions. Why give al-Qaeda more to rally against? I'm glad that the US got rid of his body like the hot potato it was.

yeah yeah yeah, already addressed in a previous post.

yeah yeah yeah, already addressed in a previous post.
Whoa! Somebody didn't get enough sleep last night. Was that the only opinion that was repeated on this, or any other, thread? :laughing:

Personally, Im not bothered nor would I be bothered with any decision they made with the body except for bringing him HERE! As for his being Muslim and honoring his traditions, there are those Muslims that claim he really didn't follow true Muslim beliefs, but whatever. i think the US did what they thought best and it doesn't seem like such a bad decision.

He is dead and gone, that's all that matters to me!

Yes, I would like to make sure he's really dead, he has been known to have body doubles. I just find the whole thing weird. When they got Hussesin they had tons of footage of him, just seems weird they were so quick to get rid of his body? Just doesn't make sense to me

Yes, I would like to make sure he's really dead, he has been known to have body doubles. I just find the whole thing weird. When they got Hussesin they had tons of footage of him, just seems weird they were so quick to get rid of his body? Just doesn't make sense to me

Saddam was alive and brought in alive to stand trial.

Saddam was alive and brought in alive to stand trial.

I know but it seems if they knew where he was they could have got him alive as well, I dunno it just seems weird to me how they didn't get pic and they were so quick to get rid of his body

This capture of video received and broadcast by ABC claims to show the bedroom where Bin Laden was killed:

r723308681.jpg

It only took a few moments for the conspiracies to begin. Needed election points, did it to get back at Trump...it's really sad when we can't come together for a few hours without all the back biting and nonsense. I'm so sick of being surrounded by all the conspiracies. Everyone has their own agenda. There is no such thing as for the good of all anymore. :sad2:

I know but it seems if they knew where he was they could have got him alive as well, I dunno it just seems weird to me how they didn't get pic and they were so quick to get rid of his body

I don't think there was any chance of them bringing Osama Bin Laden in alive.

It only took a few moments for the conspiracies to begin. Needed election points, did it to get back at Trump...it's really sad when we can't come together for a few hours without all the back biting and nonsense. I'm so sick of being surrounded by all the conspiracies. Everyone has their own agenda. There is no such thing as for the good of all anymore. :sad2:

I'm not into conspiracies theories at all, but it just doesn't make sense to me at all, I guess being from Mo I'm the show me type lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter