Do You think DISNEY has gone down hlll the last few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on here friend ,you asked back in another post(,look at post 3175) for actual numbers on rack rates from disney and universal.You even named the portofino, I give rock solid numbers on rack rates on and now you want my opinion?Before my opinion did not matter,something about throwing darts you said I believe.Give numbers to back it you said. The numbers back my position friend! Lets do the math 299 vs 450 or more,looks to me like 299 is more reasonable( by a large margin).By the way no I don't think 299 is reasonable,since now my opinion is wanted.I would wait for a discount to get it for around 200 or less,but hey that is just the way I shop.Now since I did this round of homework do some for me.Go back a decade and see how much universal hotels jacked there prices up and do the same for the disney hotels.Use the deluxes since we have the current numbers.Then by all means lets compare! Most won't like the sobering results.
Yup -- I made a comment about darts. I said that Disney's rates had to come from somewhere. "It's not like Disney is just throwing darts at targets and making prices up." It was post #3126. I think you interpreted it differently than I meant it, though.

In that same post, I also asked: "Which resorts (obviously non-Disney) do you consider to have "realistic" rack-rate prices, and what would you consider realistic?" Golly! That sounds like I"m asking for your opinion! ::yes:: I did that way back in post #3126. Your opinion was requested way back then!

But wait! I asked for it again in post #3179 when I said: "Maybe just give a few examples of resorts that you think are a good value for what they offer. At least that gives us an idea of what sort of range you find reasonable."

There I am ... asking for your opinion again. Go figure. :goodvibes

So ... yeah. Your opinion has mattered for a little while now. Thank you for finally providing it! :thumbsup2

As for your exercise ... I'll pass. I honestly just wanted an answer to one simple question, which was, "What do you consider reasonable?" 86 posts after I asked, I got an answer, so I'm good. I don't need to do a full survey of resort rates between the two resorts because there has been no point in this discussion where I've said that you're wrong. I just wanted to know what your benchmark was.

:earsboy:

I am not interested in carrying on this discussion any longer, as you are being insulting and sarcastic - two things that are not allowed on the DIS. You are welcome to your opinions, but being rude is just not cool.

You seem very passionate about Disney, and about your beliefs, we all get that, but you are struggling to understand and accept some responses that are contrary to yours, or, that ask you for more clarification. In this regard, I am not interested in responding to anymore of your posts.

I have enjoyed this thread, up until now. Sharing info, exchanging opinions and relating personal stories is nice, but the tone of your posts as of late are not so nice, and for that, I am done.

Tiger

I hope you continue to post. I have enjoyed reading your enthusiastic responses and adding a counterpoint to many on here.

FLICX, Tiger, WDSearcher, NYTIMEZ etc...

Just so you know, I like all of you. I hate to see people get frustrated by their opinons on this thread. I'm certainly not a moderator but we all have our OWN opinion, especially me. LOL! Please don't get frustrated with the "other guy". I know we are all passionate about Walt Disney World, and I just want to keep this as a discussion, on the neutral polite side if possible:goodvibes. I have agreed with many of you on this front and I have also not have agreed with some of you, but we can all come to the conclusion that we all really do love Disney World. Some of us just get frustrated presenting our side of the discussion. Maybe we should all shake hands and not get frustrated with each other....Just a thought....

Okay that was just my .02 cents...:)

Brunette :wizard:

I think whenever opinions are presented, there will be disagreement. And because it's opinion, neither side of this discussion/debate is right. Some people think Disney has gone downhill and I respect that opinion even though I don't agree with it. Others think Disney continues to be a great vacation value and hasn't gone downhill and I hope others respect my opinion even if they don't agree with it. But I think your post is spot on. When expressing our opinions, many of us get a bit overzealous at times, me included.

I have also found that just because I disagree with someone in one thread, that I will agree with them in another thread. I will sometimes dislike the "tone" of a post and will call it out. I know I should just let it go as I realize that when we get sidetracked with discussions of tone or intention, it gets too "heated", feelings get hurt and threads get closed. All of us should realize that to disagree doesn't mean that you are flaming or attacking someone.

I've said many times in the past (not necessarily on this thread) that we just have to agree to disagree. I think that's what this thread has come to, but I still find the discussion interesting when another point of view is posted.

I still think Disney has some good things to offer, but as you and I and others feel some things are on the decline. But hey we still love Disney! We're going back down in January and can't wait! It's really worth it when you get annual passes.

Thanks for your reply Flicx! Brunette

I wish I could visit WDW as much as your family!

I sometimes wonder though how serious Disney would take a thread like this when many of those who complain are also among the most frequent visitors.

It seems that for Disney to listen, you have to speak with your wallet. I know some on here have done that and I respect that mode of protest. We do it ourselves by no longer eating at buffets (except our traditional last day CM breakfast) or sit-down meals in the evening. I believe your point is that Disney has gone downhill, but not to the point where it is no longer enjoyable or a great place to visit. While I understand your point, I think that because you continue to attend so often, that it's a futile argument. It'd be like me complaining about the buffet costs, yet we continue to eat at Chef Mickeys each trip despite the price. My complaint is futile.

What Disney is doing right now seems to be working for them so I don't know what would motivate them to change other than a huge drop in revenue. Here in Colorado, Disney seems to be advertising the heck out of the "affordability" of a Disney vacation. I was at the gym last night and counted about 4 or 5 commercials advertising $86 per day per person for Disneyland. They also threw in a commercial for Disneyworld without pricing. I think it's easy for the casual consumer to think the two are the same and thus, Disney is offering affordable vacations to families.

I don't remember Disney being advertised as affordable in the 90's. It was perceived by me to be a luxury vacation destination. With the push to draw guests with discounts and promotions comes a different vacation experience. I understand that and realize that things will change. Some we like, others we don't. But as long as overall it is deemed to be a vacation value to our family, we will continue to attend. I am thankful that we get to go as often as we do. But if it were ever priced to a point where the value is perceived to be less than the price paid, we will stop visiting.

Hi Brunette,

I agree with you, we all should tone it down a bit. I was scared last night that when I wake up thread will be closed as things got heated a bit too much. I think we all pretty passionate about disney and therefore about the topic but I do not think any of us aggressive nor angry. Lets not be sensitive but lets not push either. I know it is difficult sometimes to read tone but lets try to see into meaning. We all generalize here, we all back up our opinions with opinions of others but the truth is we did not ask everybody and none of us can speak of millions of people, neither way. I believe this thread survived because we all showed ability to discuss vs arguing, lets keep it this way.there is no place for comments like negative, aggressive, rose glasses, disney advocate and so on, if we want to continue enjoy each other company. And we do enjoy, that is why we keep coming here. Lets keep it easy.:grouphug:

:thumbsup2

Actually ... not really true. Decor doesn't happen "overnight" any more because there's just way too much of it. The "overnight" thing is that nostalgic bit of Disney magic that we all remember from back when it was only MK and Epcot. Or what we remember from last year's HGTV special, where David Bromstad gushed about Main Street's transformation.

I know that last year Robo did a pretty exhaustive list of when decor goes up and comes down over the holidays. Pieces of holiday decor start showing up around various shops, restaurants and other locations in early November and are not fully installed until just before Thanksgiving. Other things don't go up until Thanksgiving night. Still others don't get installed until after Christmas parade filming in early December, and holiday entertainment elements don't hit MK until after the last MVMCP. It used to be that there was this magical moment on Thanksgiving night where all the Guests went to bed with the parks looking normal only to wake up the next morning to find that Christmas had arrived. But that really hasn't happened in almost a decade just due to the immense volume of work that has to be accomplished as the resort grew.

I know that it seems as though plussing up decor is just one more guy with a ladder and a bunch more ornaments, but it's not. It's a huge undertaking to deck the halls at Disney. Holiday Services works year-round to check every single decoration to determine what they need to toss and replace with new, how to change things out year to year to be more creative, how to make their budget stretch as far as it can possibly go, and how to do all the work that goes into designing the overall look. It's more than just saying, "Hey -- let's drag out that garland from two years ago and tack that back up!" They can't just toss a half dozen more wreaths at it and poof! -- Christmas is better! :santa:

It's been about 5 years since we were at Disney in Christmas time. I would love to see the Castle lights since they have gone all out decorating it for Christmas. I think the pictures of the Christmas Castle are absolutely amazing and can't believe that many on here who complain about the decorations seem to forget that the Castle decorations are relatively "new". Many on here would love to be able to attend WDW at Christmas to see their amazing decorations, gingerbread houses, trees, etc.

Which makes me wonder if you actually know how much any other resort charges at rack rate. I think you're just mad at Disney and think Disney is too high and costs too much and you're going to keep stating that as fact without ever taking the time or effort to actually try and prove it. And my guess is that you don't want to go through that exercise because there's a chance that the difference isn't as dramatic as you think.

By the way searcher,you wondered a while back if I knew how much rack rates were and here you state the difference wasn't as dramactic as I said it was in your opinion.Now what do you think.I gave you figures,yet you still haven't said that the difference is quite drastic.I think 299(portofino) versus what the three deluxes at disney charges at rack rate(avg about 450) is alot more drastic than what you gave credit for.50% more is quite substantial IMO.

We just returned from 8 nights at walt disney world. I have visited wdw at least 10 times within the past 4 years. While we had a wonderful trip I will say that I see disneyworld deluxe resorts going down hill in the following areas.

1. We were originally suppose to stay at disney's beach club. We had to change our room 2 times. each time the room was extremely worn down when paying near 400 dollars a night for a hotel (i received no discount this trip/nor did we qualify for free dining) I do not expect to see dirty windows, undusted furniture, wall paper ripping from the wall, dents in furniture, toilet bowl seat cover broken, mold in the shower. I took pictures and it was evident that management is not keeping up with the rooms at the beach club. We transferred to the yacht club and while our room was better than the first 2 at the beach club it still seemed run downed. For the price we paid to stay at a deluxe resort run down rooms are unacceptable.

2. the bus service was terrible. 5 deluxe resorts should not share one bus to downtown disney/water park and animal kingdom. While sometimes the yacht and beach club had one bus there were far to many times when the bus stopped at the swan, dolphin boardwalk and beach club. Imo this is unacceptable. If we are going to have to share the bus for 4 other resorts than lower the price of the room.

I guess my biggest problem is with the deluxe resorts the bottom line I feel is that the price you pay is not reflected in what you receive.

that being said we found all the cast members to be pleasant, and the food to be wonderful..any tours we took and food and wine seminar were fantastic. My biggest complaint like I said above is the resort. So while disney as a whole imo has not gone down hill. I would say the "deluxe" resorts are. Its becoming harder and harder to justify paying deluxe prices for inadequate rooms/amenities such as the buses.

We just returned recently from a lengthy trip staying at the Beach Club. Originally I had a long drawn out response to this question. I decided to shorten it down and simplify it by saying;

WDW has definitely gone down hill in almost every category over the last several years. :sad1:

We just returned recently from a lengthy trip staying at the Beach Club. Originally I had a long drawn out response to this question. I decided to shorten it down and simplify it by saying;

WDW has definitely gone down hill in almost every category over the last several years. :sad1:

in the past 5 years I have stayed at the beach club 4 times..however I have not been there in over a year..I do not know what happened to that resort..the wear and tear was unbelievable for a deluxe resort. management there should be ashamed of themselves. it such a shame because we truly loved it there in the past.

Thanks. :)

I think it is important that we remain neutral in terms of how we fashion our statements on here, but as mentioned, we don't all have to agree with one another. And, just because someone asks for more clarification, it should not be taken as a personal slight, but in the way that perhaps that person's response was not clear, or, the other person has not had that same experiences, and so in order to understand that person's position better, he/she needs more info or clarification.

We all are passionate about Disney, but in varying degrees, and we all bring to the discussion a variety of backgrounds, personal experiences and understanding of what Disney means to us, as a way to discuss whether Disney is going downhill, staying neutral or on an upswing.

It has been a very informative and interesting discussion, and one that many of us are very passionate about, due to our love for that castle and its cast of characters! I hope we are able to continue our discussion, in a respectful, fun and welcoming manner for all! :goodvibes

Thanks, Tiger

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hi Brunette,

I agree with you, we all should tone it down a bit. I was scared last night that when I wake up thread will be closed as things got heated a bit too much. I think we all pretty passionate about disney and therefore about the topic but I do not think any of us aggressive nor angry. Lets not be sensitive but lets not push either. I know it is difficult sometimes to read tone but lets try to see into meaning. We all generalize here, we all back up our opinions with opinions of others but the truth is we did not ask everybody and none of us can speak of millions of people, neither way. I believe this thread survived because we all showed ability to discuss vs arguing, lets keep it this way.there is no place for comments like negative, aggressive, rose glasses, disney advocate and so on, if we want to continue enjoy each other company. And we do enjoy, that is why we keep coming here. Lets keep it easy.:grouphug:

:hug::goodvibes:hug: Hi KellyNY Thank you! Your post is right on target.:hug:

Actually ... not really true. Decor doesn't happen "overnight" any more because there's just way too much of it. The "overnight" thing is that nostalgic bit of Disney magic that we all remember from back when it was only MK and Epcot. Or what we remember from last year's HGTV special, where David Bromstad gushed about Main Street's transformation.

I know that last year Robo did a pretty exhaustive list of when decor goes up and comes down over the holidays. Pieces of holiday decor start showing up around various shops, restaurants and other locations in early November and are not fully installed until just before Thanksgiving. Other things don't go up until Thanksgiving night. Still others don't get installed until after Christmas parade filming in early December, and holiday entertainment elements don't hit MK until after the last MVMCP. It used to be that there was this magical moment on Thanksgiving night where all the Guests went to bed with the parks looking normal only to wake up the next morning to find that Christmas had arrived. But that really hasn't happened in almost a decade just due to the immense volume of work that has to be accomplished as the resort grew.

I know that it seems as though plussing up decor is just one more guy with a ladder and a bunch more ornaments, but it's not. It's a huge undertaking to deck the halls at Disney. Holiday Services works year-round to check every single decoration to determine what they need to toss and replace with new, how to change things out year to year to be more creative, how to make their budget stretch as far as it can possibly go, and how to do all the work that goes into designing the overall look. It's more than just saying, "Hey -- let's drag out that garland from two years ago and tack that back up!" They can't just toss a half dozen more wreaths at it and poof! -- Christmas is better! :santa:

Yes. That's what's next. No more Character interaction. That's exactly why they're testing a new talking Mickey this week at Town Square Theater. It's why they added Phineas & Ferb to the character slate at the Studios and why Jake from Jake & the Neverland Pirates is going to start M&Gs this month at Disney Jr. It's why they're adding a new Donald-featured Character lunch at DAK in December. They're doing all this because they want to take away Character interaction. You've discovered Disney's evil plot! :goodvibes

Regardless, isn't that what the eh hem Disney Difference is supposed to be? Entertain the paying customer? That's why MOST people go to WDW because of the EXPERIENCE. Why not have the extra decorations for the MNSSHP, after all customers are paying a higher premium for it each year. If they keep taking things away, in this case decorations customers will start noticing and may skip a year or two....

I hope you continue to post. I have enjoyed reading your enthusiastic responses and adding a counterpoint to many on here.

I have too! Tiger always has a good discussion going on.

I think whenever opinions are presented, there will be disagreement. And because it's opinion, neither side of this discussion/debate is right. Some people think Disney has gone downhill and I respect that opinion even though I don't agree with it. Others think Disney continues to be a great vacation value and hasn't gone downhill and I hope others respect my opinion even if they don't agree with it. But I think your post is spot on. When expressing our opinions, many of us get a bit overzealous at times, me included.

I have also found that just because I disagree with someone in one thread, that I will agree with them in another thread. I will sometimes dislike the "tone" of a post and will call it out. I know I should just let it go as I realize that when we get sidetracked with discussions of tone or intention, it gets too "heated", feelings get hurt and threads get closed. All of us should realize that to disagree doesn't mean that you are flaming or attacking someone.

I've said many times in the past (not necessarily on this thread) that we just have to agree to disagree. I think that's what this thread has come to, but I still find the discussion interesting when another point of view is posted.

I wish I could visit WDW as much as your family!

The only reason we CAN do this is because we have a home near Disney and have annual passes. The annual passes are a GREAT value if you can get them. :)I sometimes wonder though how serious Disney would take a thread like this when many of those who complain are also among the most frequent visitors.

Yes, I know it's like a paradox...
It seems that for Disney to listen, you have to speak with your wallet. I know some on here have done that and I respect that mode of protest. We do it ourselves by no longer eating at buffets (except our traditional last day CM breakfast) or sit-down meals in the evening. I believe your point is that Disney has gone downhill, but not to the point where it is no longer enjoyable or a great place to visit. While I understand your point, I think that because you continue to attend so often, that it's a futile argument. It'd be like me complaining about the buffet costs, yet we continue to eat at Chef Mickeys each trip despite the price. My complaint is futile.

We do speak with our wallet by not going to the various higher priced restaurants at Disney. Since we have annual passes it is less expensiver (per trip) to go. I started this thread because of the things that we have seen that has been tarnished or on the decline, but hey we still go. We just don't stay at certain resorts withOUT a discount etc. We also enjoy going during the holidays when possible, but it is disappointing to see some of the Christmas decorations that have been diminished. A big one for us was the Winter Of Lights at EPCOT, but again that doesn't stop us from going.
What Disney is doing right now seems to be working for them so I don't know what would motivate them to change other than a huge drop in revenue. Here in Colorado, Disney seems to be advertising the heck out of the "affordability" of a Disney vacation. I was at the gym last night and counted about 4 or 5 commercials advertising $86 per day per person for Disneyland. They also threw in a commercial for Disneyworld without pricing. I think it's easy for the casual consumer to think the two are the same and thus, Disney is offering affordable vacations to families.

I don't remember Disney being advertised as affordable in the 90's. It was perceived by me to be a luxury vacation destination. With the push to draw guests with discounts and promotions comes a different vacation experience. I understand that and realize that things will change. Some we like, others we don't. But as long as overall it is deemed to be a vacation value to our family, we will continue to attend. I am thankful that we get to go as often as we do. But if it were ever priced to a point where the value is perceived to be less than the price paid, we will stop visiting.

:thumbsup2

We just returned from 8 nights at walt disney world. I have visited wdw at least 10 times within the past 4 years. While we had a wonderful trip I will say that I see disneyworld deluxe resorts going down hill in the following areas.

1. We were originally suppose to stay at disney's beach club. We had to change our room 2 times. each time the room was extremely worn down when paying near 400 dollars a night for a hotel (i received no discount this trip/nor did we qualify for free dining) I do not expect to see dirty windows, undusted furniture, wall paper ripping from the wall, dents in furniture, toilet bowl seat cover broken, mold in the shower. I took pictures and it was evident that management is not keeping up with the rooms at the beach club. We transferred to the yacht club and while our room was better than the first 2 at the beach club it still seemed run downed. For the price we paid to stay at a deluxe resort run down rooms are unacceptable.

2. the bus service was terrible. 5 deluxe resorts should not share one bus to downtown disney/water park and animal kingdom. While sometimes the yacht and beach club had one bus there were far to many times when the bus stopped at the swan, dolphin boardwalk and beach club. Imo this is unacceptable. If we are going to have to share the bus for 4 other resorts than lower the price of the room.

I guess my biggest problem is with the deluxe resorts the bottom line I feel is that the price you pay is not reflected in what you receive.

that being said we found all the cast members to be pleasant, and the food to be wonderful..any tours we took and food and wine seminar were fantastic. My biggest complaint like I said above is the resort. So while disney as a whole imo has not gone down hill. I would say the "deluxe" resorts are. Its becoming harder and harder to justify paying deluxe prices for inadequate rooms/amenities such as the buses.
Hi! Thanks for posting. It's disheartening to hear about the Beach Club. We stayed at the Yacht Club in 2010 and it was drop dead gorgeous. We came from the Wilderness Lodge, the resort is gorgeous, the rooms, well, not so much in my opinion. The bedspread was worn and the room just looked "tired". Then, like I mentioned earlier we switched to the YC! The YC was just FANTASTIC to put it mildly.

I'm sorry to hear that about the BC. Hopefully, they will refurbish these rooms...

Brunette

Back from my 59th Disney trip since the first month Disney World was open.

OKW has been refurbished and is on great shape. Better than it has ever been.
POR looks better than ever.

Transportation was convenient and on time
Parks were spotlessly clean and all the attractions we wanted to see were open

I would rank it as one of our best trips ever.

Things change, attractions, dining and resorts go in cycles.

Find another place that does it as well and let me know where it is!

Just got back from our stay at the Polynesian Resort and
found everything to be just fine. All CM's were friendly and helpful. The food was much better than last year's trip the end of September. I believe all the complaints about preplated food, smaller potions, etc. have been heard by Disney. No transportation issues either. I'm happy to report we had no problems at all!

We just recently got back from the Yacht CLub concerige. And the food was great, never ran out, 4 different wine selections, and 5 different cordial selections. They just kept replenishing it. We stayed in a concerige room at the Hilton one time this summer, and they give you squat. No alcohol for one, and food choices like 2. Disney is far above and beyond for their club level.

And as for prices, they really are not that expensive when you compare apples to apples..... example a sandwhich wrap chicken or whatever.... $8.99 at Disney, $7.49 at Panera Bread, Corner bakery or what have you. Only a $1.50 difference and just as good. Just thinking about the Chicken Pita at the Mara is making me HUNGRY!!!! lol

Pretty much sums it up. There's no way to get around it. Overall, food, merchandise are down, while prices are up. The park was cleaner and in better repair.. generally. The are still many rides, that need refurb. The staff doesn't have the training, it's a hit or miss in many areas. The Disney brand has been diluted.IMHO

I see your point, but the $99/wk special still had restrictions on it. It wasn't a "normal" Universal ticket and it wasn't available to everyone or available every day. For me, that's not a fair comparison to a Disney rack-rate ticket that is available to anyone who wants it for any day they want to use it. I mean ... if you want to go that route, then during Disney's "free on your birthday" promotion, anyone who wanted to could get into any Disney park for free. And free blows Universal's ticket price out of the water! ;) But again ... not a fair comparison.

Comparing any park's special price -- regarless of how long it ran -- to what another park charges normally is simply choosing the numbers you want to choose in order to prove the point you want to prove.

I do agree that Disney's prices tend to be the heaviest burden in any comprehensive theme park vacation in Florida. But that's partly because most people choose to spend more days at Disney than at Universal. My guess is that there are way more people who spend five days at Disney and two days at Universal than the other way around. So of course Disney is going to command more of your budget.

If you spent two days at Universal and two days at Disney and that was it, I think you'd find it pretty comparable unless you bought park-hoppers. If you bought park hoppers, you'd end up paying about twice at Disney what you'd pay at Universal for tickets, but that seems appropriate since you'd have four parks to hop to instead of two.

It really just depends on how you do the math. :teacher:

Actually, the $99 Universal passes were available to everyone and they were also available for use every day. You only had to use it within a week's period. Trust me I know - I have no way of getting special passes to anywhere and I've gone at all times of the year. I bought and used these passes with no problems.

My favorite way to tour WDW and Universal is to skip buying the Disney hoppers and park hop between WDW and Universal. It costs an arm and a leg when it comes to parking but it's fun! We normally bought 4 day Disney passes and 7 day Universal hoppers. The Disney portion cost 2 1/2 times as much as the Universal passes.

On another topic much discussed here, rack rates are expensive at most hotels offsite and onsite. Have any of you read the rack rates posted on hotel doors? Hotels never charge those wacky rates or at least none have wherever we've stayed.

I do agree that Disney is expensive but not overpriced in general. Being overpriced is in the eyes of the beholder so you can't really make a blanket statement like that. For us, it is too expensive which is why we usually stay offsite nowadays but YMMV.

I would not look on this post at all, but every post comes to me as an e-mail. I am kinda tired of all the "arguing" about if Disney has gone down hill. I will go to Disney as often as I can for as long as I can. I am 65 and probably won't have a lot of trips left. But I have loved Walt Disney since the days of Mickey Mouse Club. Nothing is perfect in this life. So go when you can afford it and just think of Walt Disney who was such a great man who loved for children and adults to have magical times. :love:

I would not look on this post at all, but every post comes to me as an e-mail. I am kinda tired of all the "arguing" about if Disney has gone down hill. I will go to Disney as often as I can for as long as I can. I am 65 and probably won't have a lot of trips left. But I have loved Walt Disney since the days of Mickey Mouse Club. Nothing is perfect in this life. So go when you can afford it and just think of Walt Disney who was such a great man who loved for children and adults to have magical times. :love:
There is unsubscribe option if you do not want to get emails about new posts on this thread.

This thread is so silly.

There will NEVER be a definitive nswer to the question, just opinion after opinion after opinion, ad infinitum. It's like arguing over whether or not spinach tastes good or what is your favorite color. Pointless.

There's my two cents and I will never click on it again. :)

I think that those who don't like this thread are wise to unsubscribe and avoid it. I enjoy the discussions but of course they might not be for everyone.

The prices have gotten up there and the quality of the experience has gone down I agree.... Personally I knew that was going happen once they got rid of the McDonalds fries.... it was a sign...lol

-M

Kind of sounds like they fried there goose. Groan, that's a bad one.

This thread is so silly.

There will NEVER be a definitive nswer to the question, just opinion after opinion after opinion, ad infinitum. It's like arguing over whether or not spinach tastes good or what is your favorite color. Pointless.

There's my two cents and I will never click on it again. :)

You won't read this obviously since you aren't clicking on it again, so this response is futile. Regardless, to a very small extent I agree with you, but thre thread has truly evolved into more than a child's playground argument (i.e yes it has, no it hasn't bantering back and forth). There have actually been some good points made on both sides IMO, some interesting side discussions and even some truly useful information shared. But ultimately, I don't think this thread will ever change anyone's mind regarding the title itself.

Some like to point to this thread and others as indisputable "proof" that Disney has gone downhill so I like to continue to watch it and occassionally post. It's mostly just friendly conversation with a few barbs unfortunately thrown in every once in awhile. I think most acknowledge that there have been both good and bad changes over the years. We mostly just differ in how we interpret the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter