• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you sneak food into the movie theater?

We don't sneak in food, but we also don't buy anything from the concession stand either.

Very, very occasionally, we'll buy some popcorn.

About a year ago, DH & I had bought tickets for a movie. I was starved because we hadn't eaten dinner yet, so DH bought some popcorn. We're not drinking cokes any more, so I was going to get a bottle of water. When I found out HOW MUCH they were going to charge for ONE bottle of water, I decided I could eat my popcorn w/o a drink.

And that's probably the last time we bought popcorn at the movies. LOL!

I understand wanting a snack while watching a movie, & we'll often snack at home while watching a movie. However, I've never really thought of candy as a snack, & I can easily go 2-3 hours w/o candy anyway. So I don't have to have candy to enhance my movie experience.

Like another poster said, we can watch a movie w/o needing anything to eat or drink.

But I still want to try one of those "dine-in" movie theaters.

No. This is because I don't go to the theater, I built one at home. I bet there are people in this thread who admit to sneaking food into movies who gave me grief in a previous thread for suggesting that I might try to get a 10 year old into DLR on the child's ticket lol. You people are funny.

You can use the same argument for what many people would try to save costs at Disney and get BLASTED for here...

* Buying a single meal and filling up multiple people from the 'fixings bar'
* Saying a child is under 'x' age to get the cheaper ticket
* Parking at a resort (when not an on site guest) for free parking

I just think double standards are funny.

This is basically the same point I made on the other thread on this topic. The irony of the situation is not lost on me!

We went to the movies today to see San Andres (FANTASTIC movie, btw) and while there, I was thinking of this thread.

It costed us just over $40 for the three of us to see the movie with popcorn and a drink. I'm sure this is pretty cheap compared to a lot of places across the U.S., but that is a heck of a lot for us here. I can't understand how some people can go to the movies more than a few times a year. It adds up so quickly!

P.S. we thought about going to get candy beforehand to take into the theater, but just decided to grab some afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter