Do you sneak food into the movie theater?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
I didn't want to do a poll, because I'm curious as to how many people will actually admit it.

I am ashamed, but we do! Target is in the mall where our movie theater is & we will often stop in there & buy a trail mix & a bottle of water. We will also typically buy a fountain soda at the movie snack bar. We have also been known to sneak in a sandwich on occasion (nothing stinky!)

Anyone else want to come clean?? ;)

Yes, many many times.
When the kids were little I'd even pop a bag of microwave popcorn.

Now I hardly got to the movies. DH and I see our movies when they hit redbox and the boys go with their friends.

I never get to go to the movies, so when I do, I will treat myself to something there. If my husband comes with me though, you can be sure a trip to the local drug store will happen, and one of us will be smuggling in drinks and candy.

Maybe if they lowered the prices of M&Ms to something under my monthly mortgage payment, less people would be sneaking food in!!

Yep. I keep a bottle of water and occasionally candy in my purse. I don't really consider it "sneaking" in though. I often buy an icy or sometimes a pretzel, so they still get my money. Just buying a bottle of water seems silly.

Yes, we bring in outside food and drinks pretty much every time, as long as we have time to get to the store beforehand.

ETA We always buy popcorn, because I love movie theater popcorn, but the rest we generally buy outside and bring in.

Last edited:
No. Movie-theatre pop corn is part of the experience for me and I usually get it in a combo that comes with a drink and candy treat.

Occasionally.....I bring in Atkins bars if I can't make it through the whole movie.
We only get popcorn sometimes.
It the movie goes over lunch time, I have brought in sandwiches.

Yea, especially if seeing an imax movie where the tickets cost so much more. I've brought in diet coke, popcorn, candy. I do looooove movie theater popcorn the best, and do sometimes buy it, but it's just so stupidly expensive. I don't feel bad bringing food in.

Yes we do
DH and I often go to the Tuesday night movie because its reasonable at $5.75. Since we are coming from work, one of us usually picks up dinner (burgers/sandwiches), then we buy popcorn and drinks. I tend to stock up on the boxed candy at the grocery store and we will take that along.

We try to buy the refillable drink cups and popcorn buckets but our local theater has been sold out of the popcorn bucket every time we have been this year. We do have two of the refillable drink cups - we get a soda and an Icee and share.

No, too much bother it's easier to buy it there. I like popcorn and pizza and couldn't imagine sneaking that in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter