Do you resort hop? I love my home resort

We love our home resort - BWV, but also love to try new resorts out too. I very much like trying out new areas of WDW, but still be able to enjoy my villa experience!

I am trying to convince husband to hop from KV but he has no desire to. I have to admit I like it too. I would like to stay at VWL or BCV.

Our home resort in BWV and we generally don't hop because we love the location. We have stayed 2 nights at AKV CL so we could do the Safari. We are also booked to stay at GCV in June, but I am not sure this qualifies for "hopping." When my DH and I booked a last minute trip, we elected to use Starwood points at the Swan instead of looking to other non-Epcot area alternatives at DVC. -- Suzanne

Resort hoppers here, too! :thumbsup2

When DH and I joined, we made the decision to try all of the DVCs. We have stayed at all of the WDW properties except for BCV and BLT. We are staying at BCV in 3 weeks, so we can cross one more off our list! I'm so glad I've tried the other resorts for many reasons. Don't get me wrong...I love our home resorts. I definitely don't hop because I don't enjoy them. I hop because I enjoy the others so much, too. As a PP mentioned, each resort offers a different vacation experience. In some odd way, it keeps Disney fresh for me.

I will admit, if you're used to staying at OKW, you may struggle with the other resorts a bit. The rooms at OKW seem huge compared to the others. Also, OKW and SSR have a similar feel, and the other resorts have a hotel-like feel. If you're going to try something new, I would try BWV or BCV. They are completely different from OKW. There's so much to do at the BW, and it's fun to walk to HS and Epcot.

FWIW, OKW is probably still my favorite. :cloud9: There's something about it that feels like a vacation home to me. We went several years without staying there, and I found I missed it. DH, on the other hand, really likes BWV. I think BCV will be high on his list, too, as he definitely prefers the hotel-like resorts. Even though we both have our favorites, we are so glad we tried the other resorts and will continue to hop. There is never a time when I call to make a reservation and am disappointed because I feel I'm "stuck" with a certain resort.

Hoppers here too! In fact, we bought SSR as our home resort about a year & a half ago and haven't stayed there yet(we enjoyed the resort as hotel guests several times). We've tried BWV and BLT so far and thought they were both great. I know we'll love SSR when we finally get around to staying there, but it's fun to try different places. :earsboy:

We love OKW and have a hard time staying elsewhere also. However, we have stayed at all the other DVC resorts for a few days here and there, but we always miss OKW. In a few weeks we are staying at Kidani for a few days and I sure hope I don't miss OKW too much. I'm not a fan of AKL, but we did want to try out Kidani so we could compare it. I have a feeling it will be our first and last stay there.

We love to resort hop but always plan a few days at our home resort, BWV for its easy access to Epcot and being able to easily get home after a night a Jellyrolls.

I own at OKW and I have never stayed anywhere else........is there something wrong with me? :confused3

Maybe I am just cheap, but I never have had a desire to stay at other resorts. The point values seem to be best at OKW and I love the feel of this resort.

We have stayed in cabins at the campground a few years back, because we were making late reservations.

I remember when the Boardwalk was being built, I was excited at the prospect, but just never have doon it.

I have reservations for July......so I thought about making a split stay for a few days and trying BLT......but when I looked at the points, and the thought of repacking......just figured I would stay at OKW

Am I in the minority? Do most people resort hop?

Gary

You're definitely not a minority of one. DH also said the first time we stayed at OKW, "THIS is where I always want to stay" and he hasn't wanted to chance staying anywhere else. He's convinced himself that he wouldn't like anywhere else as much as OKW. I go solo once or twice a year (at least that way I get to try out other DVC resorts), and one time he came to visit me for a few days and somewhat reluctantly stayed at BCV (he said it was "OK"), But I could tell he was glad on our next visit to get back to OKW. For some people, when they find a place they love, they're reluctant to try anywhere else. "Don't mess with success" is the way DH looks at it. He says that maybe if he had unlimited vacation time, he'd try other places.

While we LOVE Kidani, so far we've resort hopped. Half the time my hubby isn't along, though. The BLT stay is because of my parents (they're old and LOVE the CR), and the THV is because DD wanted to try it (well, to be honest, so did we). SSR was because of Developer Points.

I think my heart really belongs at Kidani, though. I even asked DH...and he pointed out it's just like home. When there's animals in the yard, we jump up and go look! How true! Yesterday...6 deer in the back yard...we both jump up...I grab the camera. :lmao: Same thing happens at Kidani. :cloud9:

I love my home resort BWV but I also like variety. I've stayed at OKW (many times), BCV (1), VWL (1), AKV (1 Jambo, 1 Kidani). No interest in SSR but I may try BLT one day.

We ALWAYS stay somewhere different from trip to trip. That way no 2 trips are the same and each vacation is different from the last. If we ALWAYS stayed at the same resort then I could relate to those people who say "You're going to Disney...AGAIN?" :rotfl: We haven't repeated a resort yet (well, we're staying at Kidani in March for the first time and have stayed at Jambo before - but we're not counting it as a repeat tho since it's our first stay at Kidani). I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to go back to VWL sometime and DH & DS would love to repeat BCV but we still need to try BWV and BLT before we start repeating. Both BLT and BWV were too point intensive for us for a spring break trip though which is why we selected Kidani. (That and at 7 mo. we'd have had to waitlist some of the days for spring break at BWV).

Personally, with all the great and varied choices that DVC offers I cannot imagine ALWAYS staying at the same resort every single time. I understand devleoping favorites but we just like mixing it up and trying someplace different each time. But whatever. We've liked them all so far except for OKW. Glad we've experimented this much.:goodvibes

We stay at different resorts, but only 1 resort per trip. Packing and moving would be too much of a hassle to be worth the effort when we know that we will be back and can stay somewhere different next time.

Park Hoppers here! We own at SSR and AKL. We have stayed at AKL, BCV, VWL and BWV. We never have any desire to stay at SSR.

We bought into DVC in 2006 while staying at POFQ. At that time SSR was what was selling so it is our home resort. Our first trip back on points we stayed at SSR , then we tried OKW, next was BWV and coming up next is BCV/BLT. We love the flexibility of staying wherever our points and availability will allow. After we've "tried" them all I think we'll settle down to SSR but we still like knowing that we can stay at OKW if we're low on points or BWV or BCV if we're making an EPCOT trip for F&W.

We love our home resort (SSR), but we hope to try them all. We have stayed at SSR,OKW,BWV,AKV - and have had great experiences at them all.

If you are happy with staying at OKW - then no problems, right!!! If you dont mind mixing it up, try a split stay, then at least you get your OKW fix and try something new to see how you like it.

I LOVE to resort hop but DH hates it! Our home is BCV which I love almost everything about it, especially its access to places. However, ds1 loves AKW Kidani and ds2 & dd loves BCV. I'd like to give each of them a try. We have an add-on at SSR but the one time I stayed there (shortly after it opened) I hated it - mostly due to the long waits and bus rides I encountered.

I can't wait to try out BLT. Hopefully this summer we will go to VB.

So ... yes to hopping!

We own at AKV and made our first trip home last year however in January we decided to plan a short trip back to Disney this April and since we had never stayed at an Epcot resort I reserved a 1 bedroom at BWV.....really looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot....take in all the activities that the resort has to offer and seeing the Flower & Garden Festival.

I own at OKW and I have never stayed anywhere else........is there something wrong with me? :confused3

Maybe I am just cheap, but I never have had a desire to stay at other resorts. The point values seem to be best at OKW and I love the feel of this resort.

We have stayed in cabins at the campground a few years back, because we were making late reservations.

I remember when the Boardwalk was being built, I was excited at the prospect, but just never have doon it.

I have reservations for July......so I thought about making a split stay for a few days and trying BLT......but when I looked at the points, and the thought of repacking......just figured I would stay at OKW

Am I in the minority? Do most people resort hop?

Gary

Close your eyes and click your heels, then say "There's no place like home. There's no place like home." Home for us is OKW. We've stayed elsewhere which ends up reinforcing our love for OKW. We will visit the other resorts to see what they have to offer but we always rest our weary head at OKW. :thumbsup2

we've stayed at almost all the resorts (deluxes, moderates, and DVCs - no values) over the years.
we find ourselves happiest (and busiest - there is just soooooo much to do & see!) at the BWVs. now i just always book where i know our hearts really are:cloud9:

My wife and I won't stay at the same place twice in a row; we bought into DVC for the variety. We also won't stay at the same non home resort twice before we stay at each of the others, excepting AKV (not a favorite of ours). Just to be clear, we stayed at WLV two Novembers ago, and we loved it, but we won't try to stay there again until we've stayed at BW, BC and OKW again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter