• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do You Really Think The Attacks On Embassies Are Related To That Youtube Movie?

Maybe if we minded our own business instead of telling other countries how to conduct their business there wouldn't be so much hate towards the US.
Maybe if we weren't the bullies of the world, they wouldn't feel so much resentment. Maybe if we got off the middle eastern tit, none of this would matter so much

And....while we are at it we should immediately stop all $$$$$$$ going to these countries. I hope the US starts drilling drilling drilling and becomes independent from these countries, pull our money and troops....Let them work out their own problems. I know this sounds simplistic and will never happen....

And....while we are at it we should immediately stop all $$$$$$$ going to these countries. I hope the US starts drilling drilling drilling and becomes independent from these countries, pull our money and troops....Let them work out their own problems. I know this sounds simplistic and will never happen....

I say use the money to create renewable sources of energy. The US is behind so many other countries on this.

I say use the money to create renewable sources of energy. The US is behind so many other countries on this.

While that sounds nice, the problem with it is we need energy in real time. We have vehicles on the road that are not ready for transition. People need jobs. The people that do have jobs need to get there. We need to fuel our trucks that keep our country going. Our dependence is on oil. IMO, we need to become independent with oil first, transition later.

I haven't read other responses but there have been a lot if videos posted way before the movies release depicting Tunisian unrest. One city in particular is a very religious place known for Its mosque.

Does anyone think that the White House should pressure Sony to stop the release of "Zero Dark Thirty,"
which celebrates the killing of Osama bin Laden?

Because movies inflame and cause terrorism.

It's been pushed back. It was supposed to open in October but is now opening in December. Don't know when that decision was made. I wonder if the Bin Laden book riled people up a bit, though.

As for not sending money to the Middle East. The Saudi's are a major U.S. bond holder. As for being oil independent, what we pump on U.S. soil is often sent to Asian countries.

I agree with this. Overall the people in those countries don't WANT to live like we do- so why try to make them? Let them work their own crap out. BUT I don't think that will stop them from killing us. As someone else pointed out to them we are "infidels".

They hate us because we aren't like them- period.

While that sounds nice, the problem with it is we need energy in real time. We have vehicles on the road that are not ready for transition. People need jobs. The people that do have jobs need to get there. We need to fuel our trucks that keep our country going. Our dependence is on oil. IMO, we need to become independent with oil first, transition later.

Since it takes time to transition, shouldn't we be working on that now towards the future? Think of it like setting up a savings account or losing weight. If I want to lose a hundred pounds, for health reasons I need to start today. I can't use the excuse that I should wait because all my clothes fit a 250 lb woman, or eating 3000calories is how I'm used to do it. It's unhealthy to be 100lb overweight, so I need to start today, even if I won't see results right away, every day brings me closer to the end result. So instead of sending all that $$$ over seas to help other countries we should send it to USA to help us.

Since it takes time to transition, shouldn't we be working on that now towards the future? Think of it like setting up a savings account or losing weight. If I want to lose a hundred pounds, for health reasons I need to start today. I can't use the excuse that I should wait because all my clothes fit a 250 lb woman, or eating 3000calories is how I'm used to do it. It's unhealthy to be 100lb overweight, so I need to start today, even if I won't see results right away, every day brings me closer to the end result. So instead of sending all that $$$ over seas to help other countries we should send it to USA to help us.

Under different circumstances, yes. Right now we are in a severely depressed economy which is about to become much, much worse. The QE3 will have a drastic negative impact. The bottom line is we don't have the resources to spare to develop alternatives for later. We are in dire times. We need a solution that will end our dependence now.

We can't ignore our economic troubles. It's front and center for all of us. We have to address our immediate problems. We have to move our groceries, our supplies, our people to make this country work. As much as many disdain oil, that is the resource that makes it happen right now. We can't ignore that. Oil is the problem we have with the middle east and oil is our solution. Until we confront the elephant in the room, it will continue to be our problem.

Under different circumstances, yes. Right now we are in a severely depressed economy which is about to become much, much worse. The QE3 will have a drastic negative impact. The bottom line is we don't have the resources to spare to develop alternatives for later. We are in dire times. We need a solution that will end our dependence now.

We can't ignore our economic troubles. It's front and center for all of us. We have to address our immediate problems. We have to move our groceries, our supplies, our people to make this country work. As much as many disdain oil, that is the resource that makes it happen right now. We can't ignore that. Oil is the problem we have with the middle east and oil is our solution. Until we confront the elephant in the room, it will continue to be our problem.

The point was, to get off the middle eastern tit. Can't do that if we continue the same old, same old. If you use the money that we send overseas towards creating renewable sources here, we won't have to go back to being at their mercy. Plus it would create plenty of jobs here. It's time we start taking care of our own and securing the future of our country with what we got here instead of relying on others.

I agree with this. Overall the people in those countries don't WANT to live like we do- so why try to make them? Let them work their own crap out. BUT I don't think that will stop them from killing us. As someone else pointed out to them we are "infidels".

I think something similar could be said about people in this country, too.

Ethnocentrism is alive and well in the USA.

I can understand the desire to paint with as broad of a brush as possible. The temptation to paint everything in just one stroke is super tempting, after all. Of course, then you have to deal with cleaning up all that mess.

It's been pushed back. It was supposed to open in October but is now opening in December. Don't know when that decision was made. I wonder if the Bin Laden book riled people up a bit, though.

As for not sending money to the Middle East. The Saudi's are a major U.S. bond holder. As for being oil independent, what we pump on U.S. soil is often sent to Asian countries.

The decision to push it to Dec release was made at least a couple of months ago. Nothing to do with what happened 9/11.
The point of my post, because it seems to be lost, is that the film was a White House sanctioned film about the killing of OBL.
Like the Middle East isn't going to be upset about that.:sad1:

The point was, to get off the middle eastern tit. Can't do that if we continue the same old, same old. If you use the money that we send overseas towards creating renewable sources here, we won't have to go back to being at their mercy. Plus it would create plenty of jobs here. It's time we start taking care of our own and securing the future of our country with what we got here instead of relying on others.

This country is rich in oil, gas and coal. We should use it. Not shut it down for the Sierra Club.

The decision to push it to Dec release was made at least a couple of months ago. Nothing to do with what happened 9/11.
The point of my post, because it seems to be lost, is that the film was a White House sanctioned film about the killing of OBL.
Like the Middle East isn't going to be upset about that.:sad1:

This country is rich in oil, gas and coal. We should use it. Not shut it down for the Sierra Club.

We do use it-in record amounts. Don't understand why we export it though. This country is also rich in sunshine and wind

Yes. That's my point too. We need to develop our own oil, not give Brazil 1 billion to develop theirs. Or buy it from others. We need to be independent.

We do use it-in record amounts. Don't understand why we export it though. This country is also rich in sunshine and wind

The thing is, sunshine and wind won't power vehicles. Our country would come to a standstill without oil.

As I watch Susan Rice, US ambassador to the UN, on a news show saying that absolutely it is the YouTube that has caused this unrest.
Unbelievable.

It's not just unbelievable, it's sickening. Our country was attacked in an act of war (a U.S. embassy is per international law sovereign territory) before the so-called "youtube" protest had even started. The attack was a military style, highly coordinated assault using rocket propelled grenades and machine guns by three different teams.

And the U.S. had been told three days earlier by Libyan authorities that there were indications of potential terrorist actions aimed at U.S. facilities in Libya on or around 9/11.

And that piece of blankety-blank Rice has the gall to call that pre-planned terrorist attack a "spontaneous" element of the youtube rioting?!?!??!

Let's just call this what it is -- blatant lying to provide cover for a certain person who is eventually going to be called out on why we ignored warnings.

Yes. That's my point too. We need to develop our own oil, not give Brazil 1 billion to develop theirs. Or buy it from others. We need to be independent.

The thing is, sunshine and wind won't power vehicles. Our country would come to a standstill without oil.

Annie is correct. Or to put it another way, the Chevy Volt....is a taxpayer-subsidized toy for wealthy Americans who don't drive very far.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/10/us-generalmotors-autos-volt-idUSBRE88904J20120910

The story that they tried to spin is falling apart. Biting lip...shutting up......

Getting windmills up and running isn't as easy as it seems. They have been trying to get one off the coast of Cape Cod for a while and have run into lots of obstacles.

My town rented space on town property for a windmill and people are up in arms that it wrecks the view. Numerours articles have been written in the paper and people have complained to the selectmen. I don't think we will ever see another one even though we are on the coast.

The birds love the wind turbines:

wind-turbine-bird-kill.jpg

The poor bird in the back got sliced in half.

The neighbors love them too:
Symptoms include:

* Sleep disturbance
* Headache
* Ringing or buzzing in the ears
* Dizziness
* Vertigo
* Nausea
* Visual blurring
* Rapid heart rate
* Irritability
* Problems with concentration and memory
* Panic episodes associated with sensations of internal pulsation or
quivering, which arise while awake or asleep

They are helping the job situation:
Does wind power create "green" jobs?

* On average 1 low-paid maintenance worker is employed for every 12-15 turbines.
* Turbines are manufactured overseas and assembled onsite by specialized firms.

Oh yes, lets build those windmills.

It's not just unbelievable, it's sickening. Our country was attacked in an act of war (a U.S. embassy is per international law sovereign territory) before the so-called "youtube" protest had even started. The attack was a military style, highly coordinated assault using rocket propelled grenades and machine guns by three different teams.

And the U.S. had been told three days earlier by Libyan authorities that there were indications of potential terrorist actions aimed at U.S. facilities in Libya on or around 9/11.

And that piece of blankety-blank Rice has the gall to call that pre-planned terrorist attack a "spontaneous" element of the youtube rioting?!?!??!

Let's just call this what it is -- blatant lying to provide cover for a certain person who is eventually going to be called out on why we ignored warnings.

Source?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter