do you really need lunch ressies?

you need an ADR for any place you want to be guaranteed to dine at for any meal.

If you want to eat counterservice, no. If you want table service, you'll definitely want to make ADR's.

yeah, after hanging out here on the restaurant board for awhile, I kind of figured as much. trying to tie down our group to make a decision is near impossible, though. we all went 5 years ago and made our ressies when we were there...how things have changed.

do you think that if we were to do biergarten or the not so popular ones it will be as bad? I will probably call disney dining this weekend anyway...

or maybe we'll just do CS...who knows...

in a month? yes. i don't necessarily believe all ADRs will be taken, but i believe there are going to be hundreds of others just like you trying to walk up to all of them, so it's a matter of who gets where first.

even if you make them that day or a day in advance if you're not that picky, you're better off than trying to walk up to one.

we tried to change one of our character meals from breakfast to lunch the day before and had no luck.

I was there twice last eyar during calue seasons and we could NOT get a TS seat for lunch or supper as a walk up. Not ANYWHERE in Epcot or MK. I would get ADRs.

okey dokey then...I will try to tie things down this weekend. If anything, I can always cancel...

It depends on how busy the parks are and where you want to eat. Sci Fi and Prime Time at MGM pretty much always require ADRs for lunch, while Kona and WCC seldom do during slower times of the year. During busy times, you need ressies for any sort of TS meal.

Remember the hotly debated thread about table saving and the mob scene at ABC Commissary? We were there on the same weekend and were just really tired out after a busy and hot morning of Star Wars Weekends. Dealing with long lines, no tables and lots of frustrated people was not our idea of a good time.

. . . which is my long winded way of answering that yes, this next time I did make lunch ADRs on the days that we have early activites in the parks and will want to sit down to a meal without potentially wrangling with a crowded CS location.

I made lunch ADRs at Sci-Fi when we'll be in MGM for the Dan Zanes and Friends concert and the Plaza when we'll be in the Magic Kingdom for Little Ones Extra Magic Hour. We're winging lunch on other days, but I wanted to have those days when we'll potentially be tired out taken care of.

It depends on how busy the parks are and where you want to eat. Sci Fi and Prime Time at MGM pretty much always require ADRs for lunch, while Kona and WCC seldom do during slower times of the year. During busy times, you need ressies for any sort of TS meal.

Noe see I am forgetting things. This was one of the places (Sci Fi) that we did walk up and got in at lunch(beg of May), but like I said b4 I would try to get them first, like you said you can always cancel!

We were just at the Sci Fi for lunch a week ago, they were turning walk-ins away(This was at 2:00, almost the end of the lunch seatings. They were willing to check the computer for other restuarants in the park that had openings.

yeah, after hanging out here on the restaurant board for awhile, I kind of figured as much. trying to tie down our group to make a decision is near impossible, though. we all went 5 years ago and made our ressies when we were there...how things have changed...

I cannot find this old thread now. I'm sure it has been archived, but this was such a great response that I had to save a copy:

"If they don't like it, tough! Its booked!"

We are taking a big family trip in Sept and I can't get anyone to sit down and plan. They just don't understand that they won't be eating if they don't get ADR. So, I finally decided to just plan it myself. I called group dining this morning and got everything I wanted!

We are doing: CRT (lunch), Chef Mickeys (dinner), Ohanas (dinner during fireworks), LTT (dinner), Le Cellier (lunch for just my 6, the others are out of luck), 50's Prime Time (lunch), and Whispering Canyon (dinner).

I told them if they wanted me to take them off I would, but I put everyone on to start with..."

If you want to be certain to sit down and eat, make an ADR.

I was at the Biergarten on Monday, May 12, for lunch. They were turning people away. The restaurant was not full, however I would say that they did not have enough servers.

thanks...I made a Biergarten ADR for 12noon...but not for everyone. I'm not sure who will want to go because we have 4:30 ADR at Le Cellier...:confused3 I obviously was not copied on the e-mail that asked about that time...I personally think it's way too early for dinner, but, that's EPCOT day and that's dinner...so...

We went to Epcot on a Tuesday the 17th or 18th of June (about 2 weeks ago) and were able to walk into the Restaraunt in Italy for dinner with no ADR's. They said no reservations needed to eat outside and that's what we did. Had a nice breeze, it was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter