• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you like your Dyson? Which one do you have?

roliepolieoliefan

DIS Veteran
Our vacuum cleaner just died. I'm trying to talk DH into a Dyson. We would buy it at BB&B with the 20% off coupon.

He's having trouble swallowing the $400.00 price. I don't know if I could even talk him into the more expensive ones, but just in case.

Do you love your Dyson and why plus which model do you have?

We have 2 very furry collies as well as 2 not so furry kids.

TIA!

I'd like to know this too.....I've got two furry dogs and two furry cats so we have dog hair everywhere!!

I bought my red/purple one about 5 yrs. ago and it still is fantastic. I had run over something I shouldn't have and the hose broke, and they sent me one (under warrenty) right away. Not having to deal with a bag is the best pro I can think of. The only con I have is that it is the older model and to switch from carpet to floor you have to slide the wand out of the long hose, flip it around and reconnect it to the top of the wand. A little cumbersome, but I save doing that until I'm finished doing all the carpet. I'm sure the newer models have a different change over method. You definately won't be buying another machine after owning a dyson. :woohoo:

I have the yellow Dyson and I love it! We have 2 cats and it really gets the cat hair off the carpets and furniture.

I have the DC17 - the ANIMAL! ;) With always having 4-5 dogs in the house and the mess that comes with them it's a godsend.

Seriously - I thought people were nuts for spending so much then cracked one day and haven't looked back. The day I came home with it I vacummed my big living room rug (prob 15x10) two times with my existing Hoover and the Dyson still picked up THREE canisters of pet hair/dander/dirt on one try. I about fell over.

We bought Mom one for Christmas, Lowes had a $100 gift card w/ purchase so that took the sting out a little.

I bought the Dyson "Animal" a few years ago and LOVE it. I did the whole test - the one where you vacuum with your old vacuum cleaner and then the Dyson and I was blown away. I almost hate to admit it BUT I will - I emptied the canister EIGHT times by just cleaning the upstairs of my house. This was after using my old vacuum!

BTW, I have 2 very fuzzy dogs.

The only thing that surprises me and makes me think that perhaps the Dyson isn't doing as much for me as I thought is that when I use the carpet cleaner and shampoo the carpets I still gets TON of hair out of the carpet. I always vacuum first, too. It's really gross, picking up these wads of wet dog hair :scared:

That being said, I still feel that the Dyson was a fantastic investment and I have never regretted my purchase!:thumbsup2

I have the DC17 (animal) and LOVE it. Like other's have said, we vacuumed with out old vacuum then with the Dyson and we were completely grossed out by how much 'muck' was still in the carpet. We have a maltese, and a son with allergies & asthma, and ever since we got our Dyson his asthma has been so much better.

I love my vacuum. :thumbsup2

We have the DC14 and love it. We've had it two years and not one problem. We have two dogs now - it picks up so much pet hair that I wonder how we have any carpet left. Love it - totally worth the money!

I have the 'yellow' one that I bought last summer. Best $400 even spent! We don't have indoor pets, so that's not an issue, but it is AMAZING how much dust, dirt, yucky stuff that vacuum picks up! LOVE IT LOVE IT.:thumbsup2

We have the yellow one and love it! I noticed our Target has them on clearance now so the yellow one there was something like 339.00.

I don't like my purple dyson at all and I wanted to give it to my housekeeper but she doesn't want it either.

We love the newest addition to our family - a puggle named Beginet - except she SHEDS to where you'd think she'd go bald!

Dyson to the rescue:banana:

Super easy to navigate, fairly lightweight, and you can't beat knowing how much your sucking up with the clear bucket that is a breeze to empty and replace.

Since this is the budget board, I must let you in on a little secret. We'd been Dyson dreaming for a while when DH called one day from work to say that Woot.com had it as their item of the day. I don't remember exact pricing but it was a great deal. I've heard you can also find occasionally on overstock.com.

Happy shopping...and vaccuuming:thumbsup2

I have the D14 and I am not too impressed with it..
I guess my expectations were too high from reading all the positive stuff on it.
It does not pick up much more than my other(a hoover). ( I still have it and use it also)
Maybe I just got a bad one out of the bunch but it is not as good as I had expected.

I have the Animal and it is pretty good. It picks up a lot of dog hair (we have a black Lab), but if you just "go over" the carpet before steam cleaning, it leaves some. Just make sure you vacuum it really good (go back and forth a few times like you are supposed to) and it does a really nice job.

But watch out on cheap rugs. Our floor rugs downstairs came from Target, and if DH forgets and uses the beater brush on them, they tear up pretty quick.

We just got ours on Black Friday sale... it was $299 with all the discounts it's the yellow one, we were going to be the purple animal one b/c we do have 2 indoor dogs but after looking them both over and over the ONLY differance was that the puprle one came with a special 'hair remover' attachment for the hose... it was $150 more then the yellow. well i found out you can buy this attachmen for $70 at many places then making them the same vacuum... so we did that. It picks up everything, my dogs dumped one of my house plants all over the dinning room carpet luckily it wasn't wet dirt but still black dirt and one started to 'dig' in it so it was down in the light tan carpet!!!! I was almost in tears but after using the dyson it was all up and gone. does great on stairs too!!! I LOVE IT!!! after going through about 8 vacuums in the past 5 years i'm looking forward to not having to get another one in many many years vs a few months like before!

We have the purple animal Dyson. We really like it. We bought it at Best Buy. It was the demo model. I think we got it for $230. We thought it was a great deal!!!

I have the yellow dyson. I've had it for almost 4 years now. Its the best vacuum! Before we bought the dyson my DH and I were going thru cleaners about 1 a year. Yes, its a big investment up front,- but it LASTS! :thumbsup2

We have the purple animal and I love it! I've had it about 6 months and about a month ago I accidentally sucked up my daughter's backpack. I was terrified I wrecked it because the (uh) bottom part came apart. Anyway, it was a scary mess... I unwound the backpack, snapped the pieces back together, held my breath while I turned it back on and voila! Good as new!

The only complaint I have is that when we got new carpet it sucked it up too well and the hose kept getting clogged. But that was an extreme amount of little carpet fibers around the room edges. This is my first bagless and I love it!

I am looking to get the animal dc17 and I am afraid I will not like it. i am a clean finatic and I have a kirdby right now. My kirby is 17 years old and is asking me to retire it. I am so afraid to spend the money and not like it. I have been considering getting an oreck also. I guess I will pick one an d be happy.
Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter