Do you like your Dyson? Which one do you have?

I have a dyson also and the suction is everything they promised I also love the no bag/filter. I do find the wand a little difficult and inconvenient to use. I'm actually thinking about getting a little handheld vacume so I can use that instead of the wand.

We have the slim line one. I let dh pick it out. He liked it the best. We got a good deal from Kohls and got the floor model with a big discount and rebate. Even the teen ds will vacuum now without asking etc.

I bought a purple Animal refurbished from Amazon 3 yrs ago on a gold box deal. Also signed up for the cc to take another $40 off & it ended up being about $260. We have a retriever, beagle, long haired DD, 2 more messy kids & DH and I LOVE it. I wish the hose were longer but otherwise, very happy. Before that, I had a Hoover Windtunnel & hated it.

I have the animal (purple one) and we got it mainly for the animal hair attachment since we have 2 labs. I only got 2 canisters after the "test" with my old Eureka so it must have been pretty good too! I still notice dog hair even AFTER I vacumn so I'm not overly impressed.
The attachments are SO hard to use and it's heavy to carry up and down the stairs. I would try one before you buy if at all possible. I probably would have chosen something with easier attachments since I switch back and forth a lot. Our Target has the yellow one for $339.00, there were 6 of them left so they may even go lower, check your Target store.

I have the DC17 (the purple-animal one) and it is the best purchase I have ever made. I think the attachments are super easy to use and it's easy to take up and down my 2 flights of stairs. I have 4 cats, and everyone always comments how there is not one fur on my carpets or furniture. It also works fantastic on bare floors.

we have 2 (loved the 1st so much, knew we wouldn't last a week without one:rolleyes1 ....so now we have one for upstairs, one for down). we currently have 1 golden retriever & 3 cats (2 long hair).
our "older" dyson is prob about 5 years, & just as great as the day we bought it :thumbsup2 suction has not decreased at all.
we went thru sooooo many vacs before getting a dyson (hoover, eureka, panasonic, kenmoore, etc) ~ they all lost suction within a year. when you consider how long dysons last (& actually keep working like the first day!), you're spending a lot less by not buying a new vac every 2 years or so. and you save on bags & belts.

even vacuuming up the stray sock, etc is no prob: the "joints" are easy removed to declog it.
the only downsides (which i really don't think matter, just including b/c everything needs a downside lol) are that they are heavy & it can be a challenge to figure out how to change settings (e.g., carpet vs bare floor).

we would never consider another brand after owning a dyson :thumbsup2

I got the yellow DC-07 last month. I have to say, I LIKE it alot. I used to read people raving about it, and was skeptical, esp after reading consumer reports. But, it is nice and light to carry upstairs, and works great. I bought some attachments for it on Amazon, yikes more $$.

It is all plastic and this company must be making a fortune on these things though.

I have the DC-14 low floors version. I did a TON of research before buying, this is what I found out:

DC-07: terrific vacuum, but when I saw it last, the handle for the hose was attached differently than the DC-14. I thought the DC-14's version of the handle was much more efficient and easier to get to all of your attachments, so you can actually USE them.

DC-14: Upgrade from the DC-07, the handle seems to be better in my mind.

DC-15: aka the ball. I tried this one as well and didn't like it. I had to use too many muscles in my wrist and lower arm. As someone who delas with carpal tunnel, I worry about stressing those muscles. See if you like it.

DC-17: I don't know what the upgrades are on this one vs. the DC-14.

The different vacuums between the larger models (aka the colors) only differ by the attachments that they include. If you don't neet all of the attachments that the Animal offers, get the yellow and save yourself some money. That is why I chose the red on vs. the animal. I didn't need the mini-turbine, or a few of the other attachments, so I got the one that I needed, the low floors attachment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter