Do you like the signatures?

Marie17

DIS Veteran
I've only been on the DIS boards for a little while but I was wondering how many people actually like all the signatures? Do you find them useful? Do you just turn them off? Do you think they take up too much space? Do you read them? Do you just scroll down and don't care?

I have a simple quote as mine - Be not afraid from Pope John Paul - someone I admire. I once posted in some thread suggesting to the thread starter that he could try and make up a story about wanting to propose to his wife to get (yikes - FREE) admission into the park right before the fireworks went off - he only wanted to be near the international walkway area at Epcot to see them. Was I creamed!!!! Needless to say because I "suggested" this I was considered a hypocrite - because I have a quote from the Pope (even though I am not). After a while, I even went so far as to say I think all these signatures with how many trips (and lots of people have ones that aren't Disney), how much weight, lots of ticker clocks, pictures of resorts, etc. was a sort of ego trip.

Wow, I didn't realize that signatures were so... deep. :snooty:

Personally, I see our signatures listing our trips as ways to connect to each other. I see weight loss tickers as a way to show a great accomplishment (and anyone who's lost weight has the right to brag! It's not easy!). Pictures, whether they be of resorts, characters, family members, pets, whatever, are a way to show affection for those places/people.

Now, if someone had a signature listing their 4,203rd Disney trip, with the words "I've been more times than anyone here! YOU ALL SUCK!", I could see taking offense. ;) Luckily, no one's done that, so I'm not going to worry about it.

I only mind a sig when it violates the rules and regulations that the Disboard has set. The rules are posted on a sticky at the top of each board, but I think alot of people don't know it because I see sigs that are against the rules frequently. The main rules are sig should not be more than 12 lines and no more than 3 non-disboard graphics. There are regulations for the graphics, but I don't remember them right now.

I enjoy reading the sigs that aren't obnoxiously long. I think it gives lots of insight into a poster's personality (along with their avatars). :goodvibes For example, my sig lets you know that I'm married, have a 13 year old DD, and toddler twin daughters. We are planning to visit WDW in about 4 1/2 months for 2 weeks (can you tell what time of year?). Our family mini-van is red. We've taken multiple trips to Disney before, but our last was not too long before getting pregnant with the twins. I like analyzing sigs.

:cheer2: I LOVE MY FLAIR! :cheer2:
:lmao:

Actually - I look at the Signatures a lot! I even PM'd a DIS'r once who had a ticker showing how much weight she had lost - she did share her "secrets" with me. I love seeing the ages of their children and when they are traveling. In essence - I use the signatures a lot to check what I have in common with other posters. That said I understand some people want to keep it simple and I respect that...hence we are all different! I LOVE it!

Mine is watching the parade with my son during his first Disney trip. My dh was deployed at the time and we both needed a little magic.

babiesX2 said:
I only mind a sig when it violates the rules and regulations that the Disboard has set. The rules are posted on a sticky at the top of each board, but I think alot of people don't know it because I see sigs that are against the rules frequently. The main rules are sig should not be more than 12 lines and no more than 3 non-disboard graphics. There are regulations for the graphics, but I don't remember them right now.

I enjoy reading the sigs that aren't obnoxiously long. I think it gives lots of insight into a poster's personality (along with their avatars). :goodvibes For example, my sig lets you know that I'm married, have a 13 year old DD, and toddler twin daughters. We are planning to visit WDW in about 4 1/2 months for 2 weeks (can you tell what time of year?). Our family mini-van is red. We've taken multiple trips to Disney before, but our last was not too long before getting pregnant with the twins. I like analyzing sigs.

You forgot to mention that your DH does laundry! I am SOOOO JEALOUS! ;)

mommy*RN said:
You forgot to mention that your DH does laundry! I am SOOOO JEALOUS! ;)
:lmao: I forgot that one! He's hilarious and very anal retentive about the laundry. I, on the other hand, could live out of a clothes basket. I'm an RN, too! I keep waiting for the smiley with a nurse's hat on! :lmao: I just keep it with the crazy clown because that's really what I look like now.

Everyone who has posted before me. I love your siggies. They are unique and expressive and celelbrate who you are. I always read them and relate them to the people who are posting. I think siggies awesome :thumbsup2
eeyoreanibird.gif
WHO SAYS I'M GLOOMY?

Christypl said:
Mine is watching the parade with my son during his first Disney trip. My dh was deployed at the time and we both needed a little magic.

I absolutely love your sig... and your story behind it made me teary-eyed.

I LOVE signatures! :banana: I have met people here because of mine. They like my dogs, or pictures, whatever.

Some are silly, funny, touching. I think they are great (as are tags, but sadly I don't have one yet).

babiesX2 said:
:lmao: I forgot that one! He's hilarious and very anal retentive about the laundry. I, on the other hand, could live out of a clothes basket. I'm an RN, too! I keep waiting for the smiley with a nurse's hat on! :lmao: I just keep it with the crazy clown because that's really what I look like now.
They do need to make a RN smiley! I doubt you look :crazy:! Maybe tired??? A teenage daughter and twin toddlers would make me tired! :hug:

EEYOREMAMA said:
Everyone who has posted before me. I love your siggies. They are unique and expressive and celelbrate who you are. I always read them and relate them to the people who are posting. I think siggies awesome :thumbsup2
eeyoreanibird.gif
WHO SAYS I'M GLOOMY?
I'm with you! I LOVE the pics too! They say a lot about what is important in everyone's lives...

The best part about sigs is that I've never seen one that has offended me...they represent US and what makes us different!

LONG LIVE THE PERSONALIZED SIGNATURES!!

I'm saying Bye Bye to my old sig cause I found a nurse! I have to post this because it made me laugh!
deadhorse.gif
I crack myself up! I don't understand why the tag fairy hasn't visited me yet. :sad2:

:crazy: Me ~*~ :laundy: DH ~*~ :beach: DD13 ~*~ :hyper2: twin DD's 16 months

I like signatures.

Mine is basic but it has the important things in it for posting things regarding my trip (i.e. I'm a family of 6, have 1 girl, 3 boys, ages -- I figure it kind of makes me have less repetition if I'm asking regarding something age specific trip -- or makes more sense *why* I'm doing something one way vs. another). Every once in a while I tweak it (since we don't have an official trip planned yet, no countdown -- just a couple hypothetical ones!)

I'm not all that computer literate with posting stuff but at least I have the link to my trip report in it...that's actually mostly for MY benefit though, if someone asks a question and I want to refer to something I don't have to do a search to find my report. I can just click on it myself (besides it's fun to go back and re-read it every once in a while). :rotfl:

babiesX2 said:
I'm saying Bye Bye to my old sig cause I found a nurse! I have to post this because it made me laugh!
deadhorse.gif
I crack myself up! I don't understand why the tag fairy hasn't visited me yet. :sad2:

:crazy: Me ~*~ :laundy: DH ~*~ :beach: DD13 ~*~ :hyper2: twin DD's 16 months
You are too FUNNY! You have me LMAO :lmao: ! Now I need the nurse...but please - stop beating the dead horse! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

mommy*RN said:
You are too FUNNY! You have me LMAO :lmao: ! Now I need the nurse...but please - stop beating the dead horse! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
url]

Cut and paste this into your sig but close in the spaces after the first IMG tag and the before the /IMG tag.

Or right click and save on your computer then upload to your photo hosting sight. I use photobucket. I got these from allnurses.com . The horse cracked me up! :lmao:

babiesX2 said:
url]

Cut and paste this into your sig but close in the spaces after the first IMG tag and the before the /IMG tag.

Or right click and save on your computer then upload to your photo hosting sight. I use photobucket. I got these from allnurses.com . The horse cracked me up! :lmao:
Thanks! I changed it - and I like how I am floating above DH's pic - makes my superiority complex known to everyone! :rotfl2:

I love looking at everyones signatures. As others have said it gives you an insight to the other people on the boards.

I am always jealous though when I see a trip coming up, especially since we don't have one planned right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter