• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you know a Doomsday Prepper?

I'm a total goner.

:happytv:

The only thing I will have going for me is that maybe I'll look halfway decent when I'm going down - for the first 12 hours or so - until my hair starts to frizz and my flat iron is no longer working.... :lmao:

My husband has set up doomsday camp in the basement. I'm not kidding. There are guns, ammo, food, water, flashlights, batteries, etc. It is insane.

I don't know what he thinks is going to happen......:rolleyes2

i don't know any preppers, at least, not that i'm aware of. i don't even know how to can veggies/fruits and only own 2 guns, so, when the apocalypse occurs, i hope i die quickly.

Meh, my whole life I've only been able to shoot 1 gun at a time. I think most people who use "prepping" as an excuse for stockpiling guns are just gun collectors trying to justify their hobby. :rotfl: Now, stockpiling ammo OTOH, that would make more sense. Personally, I think I have just enough to try to make it somewhere safer :lmao:

Meh, my whole life I've only been able to shoot 1 gun at a time. I think most people who use "prepping" as an excuse for stockpiling guns are just gun collectors trying to justify their hobby. :rotfl: Now, stockpiling ammo OTOH, that would make more sense. Personally, I think I have just enough to try to make it somewhere safer :lmao:

you're probably right. :lmao:

watching doomsday preppers makes me feel like a total slacker, lol.

I'm not a prepper nor will I ever be. If something cataclysmic happens, DH and I will abandon suburbia while the getting is good.

As for the downfall of civilization because of, uhm yeah. How'd those investments on ammo work out for ya' 4 years ago? ;)

you're probably right. :lmao:

watching doomsday preppers makes me feel like a total slacker, lol.

I just had to turn it on the night they had the guy who married a twin "in case" he needed to replace his wife. That was a hoot :rotfl2:

snarlingcoyote said:
Something tells me you're NOT joking. . .

After going through Sandy i was glad i had done some prep work, like a generator, woodstove, water and food. We were out of power for nine days and stores and gas stations were hard to find for a few days. Nukes and zombies aren't very likely but weather issues are much more probable and some thought would go a long way to ease the burden.

After going through Sandy i was glad i had done some prep work, like a generator, woodstove, water and food. We were out of power for nine days and stores and gas stations were hard to find for a few days. Nukes and zombies aren't very likely but weather issues are much more probable and some thought would go a long way to ease the burden.

But, do you have a "backup" spouse in case anything happens to the primary one? :rotfl:

I just had to turn it on the night they had the guy who married a twin "in case" he needed to replace his wife. That was a hoot :rotfl2:

:lmao: that is just ALL kinds of wrong! ROFL! but i'd have to stop and watch it too! what a wingnut!

Just so you all know, when a prepper talks about "zombies" it's not the flesh eating zonked out beings you think of. They're talking about the person who isn't prepared that is going to come and mooch/steal what they have prepped.

That's good to know. With all the talk of zombies I was beginning to think there was an epidemic of mental instability. :rotfl2:

That's good to know. With all the talk of zombies I was beginning to think there was an epidemic of mental instability. :rotfl2:

The Government booklet was about the brain eating almost dead type of Zombie.....not the mooch your stuff type. They also ordered millions upon millions of hollow point bullets and hundreds of thousands of bullet proof checkpoint stations.....I'm thinking about prepping for something.

OP here. I think the first guy in my post, the extreme guy, is probably prepping for economic collapse. No specific date.

The 2nd one in my post, may be prepping for similar. He is really into "made in USA" so I'm guessing economy too.

Did anyone see "Raising Hope" tonight on Fox? :rotfl: It was funny. Mom had spent 2 years prepping for 12/21/12. Stockpiling. Extreme couponing. :rotfl: Everyone in the family had a survival skill they had to learn. Family was just going along with it. And then they had to hold Christmas early - on 12/20 because on 12/25 they would be too busy trying to survive. When nothing happened on 12/21, mom was disappointed. BUT her friend had sold all their possessions & income producing ice cream truck and spent ALL their money on a trip to WDW because the world was going to end. And when it didn't end and they now owned nothing & no longer had their jobs, they had to move in with the family that prepped. So all that stockpiled food & food bought with extreme couponing came in handy after all. It was a funny episode. :rotfl2:

OP here. I think the first guy in my post, the extreme guy, is probably prepping for economic collapse. No specific date.

The 2nd one in my post, may be prepping for similar. He is really into "made in USA" so I'm guessing economy too.

Did anyone see "Raising Hope" tonight on Fox? :rotfl: It was funny. Mom had spent 2 years prepping for 12/21/12. Stockpiling. Extreme couponing. :rotfl: Everyone in the family had a survival skill they had to learn. Family was just going along with it. And then they had to hold Christmas early - on 12/20 because on 12/25 they would be too busy trying to survive. When nothing happened on 12/21, mom was disappointed. BUT her friend had sold all their possessions & income producing ice cream truck and spent ALL their money on a trip to WDW because the world was going to end. And when it didn't end and they now owned nothing & no longer had their jobs, they had to move in with the family that prepped. So all that stockpiled food & food bought with extreme couponing came in handy after all. It was a funny episode. :rotfl2:

you forgot about the alpaca that couldn't spit because it was dehydrated :rotfl2:

great episode...

Being prepared for a hurricane is not like being a doomsday prepper. I've spent my life on the Gulf Coast. Being ready for a week without law, a week or two of complete chaos and a couple of months of no power isn't the same to me as living forever in complete anarchy, ya' know, especially when the infrustructure is alive and well and help IS coming. (Note the above hurricane estimates are based on worst case scenarios. I don't know anyone who hasn't been without law for more than two days, to be honest, but I know that it has happened.)

There was one family on an episode of Doomsday Preppers that's going to have a rude awakening on 12/22 -- they were proud of the fact that they had bought TONS of stuff -- furniture, electronics, etc., on delayed payment plans -- no payments due until 2013 -- because the world was going to end or collapse on 12/21 and they wouldn't then have to pay for all this stuff. Ha!

Ever since Katrina, and after reading One Second After, our family has been slowly been building systems to allow for a sustainable lifestyle off the grid.

We have an underground facility built in limestone, we use wind, solar and geothermal energy. We access water from deep below our land. We grow a great deal of our food and can as much as we can. We have several layers of security on our land.

We keep several spare components in Faraday cages and stockpile fuel. We carry collapsible bicycles in our cars should an EMP disable our current vehicle where ever we are. We have made plans on where to go and meet should something happen while one is in school.

We live an absolutely normal lifestyle with a kid in a public school, but we do remain vigilant and prepared. We just are not fanatical about it, but realize it will be every man and woman for him and herself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter