• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you ever see alligators on WDW property?

Saw one once along the road while leaving the MK. I thought it was rare. I've lived in FL most of my life any only have seen maybe 3.

I've been to Disney World 15 times and have NEVER seen an alligator roaming around the wild.

we've been on property over 20 times and briefly recall one incident where the boat operator at POR to dtd saw one on the river bank..For the life of me, I just dont recall actually seeing it, or maybe I did, you think Id remember right???.. Maybe I am blocking it out, lol. I have seen it on a YOUtube video... at mk... allegedly!!
Now, rabbits, birds, bugs and lizards, YES!

We saw a small one a few years ago in the parking lot at DHS. I'm thinking it was about 3 feet in length.

When we were there two years ago, we saw an alligator in the canal at the Beach Club Villas. Saw it every single day...it was quite large. Kids were feeding it too.

Never seen a gator, although DH is always looking. I did see an armadillo while riding the bus back to the resort late one night. I was rather excited. It was the first time I'd seen a live one outside of a zoo.

Supposedly the ameoba in the water is in the mud at the bottom of the lake, so water skiing is safe from that??? That is how it was explaned to me .

We saw one in the water surrounding Tom Sawyer island. It was kinda creepy, to say the least.

We saw one here too, it was focused on a bunch of ducks along the shore right below the boardwalk across from Splash Mountain. I would guess it was probably 3-3.5 feet. We also spotted some from the train at AK. They were sunning themselves on the shore of the canal just before you pull into the Conservation Station station. The were smaller, maybe 2 feet but there were several of them.

We stayed at CSR last July for 2 weeks and every evening the alligator would swim up beside the bar and sit people watching. My 2 year old came back to Scotland terrifying his grandparents by saying "the alligator in the water at the hotel" over and over again! V funny! The barman said they remove them once they get to a certain size or if they start trying to come out of the water. There were loads of big turtles there too.

mo x

We stayed at CSR one year and the staff did confirm that there are gators, but they are fed. I'm smart enough to know that in Florida around water and such there are probably going to be all sorts of creatures. Not to mention snakes which we have seen while at WDW. Not a big deal. We see plenty of deer where we are from..Mostly the kind that try to sneak across the highway at full force while you are traveling at 75 MPH.:lmao: I will say that Florida squirrels are scawny compared to the Michigan variety.....Must be the eats..:rotfl2:
Pixie Dust to all and their up coming travels...

Never seen a gator, although DH is always looking. I did see an armadillo while riding the bus back to the resort late one night. I was rather excited. It was the first time I'd seen a live one outside of a zoo.

Wow they let an Armadillo ride the bus??? I hope he offered you his seat ;)

During my first visit to WDW, we stayed at the CBR and were greeted to a baby gator swimming around the pool bar. The lifeguards said one shows up about once a year after a few days of torrential rain. They named him Richard; God only knows why. He was "relocated" a few days later.

When I was a teen back in the mid 80s, we were in the CR garden wing ground floor. One morning, I woke before everyone else and went to open the curtain to the patio. I found a gator, maybe 4-5 feet or so, sunning itself. When I open the curtain, it turned its head to the door and opened it's mouth. I promptly closed the curtain and went to back to bed.

I live here and go a lot. I've seen them in many places. FW and outside MK while on the train. They range in size. Alligators typically don't care about people unless you feed them. Then they like you and will come around. If you don't feed them, they couldn't care less. We are not prey to them. Crocks are another thing but we don't have them this far north in FL. (yes, FL does have crocks but mostly very far south).
Alligator/human attacks are very rare and usually they just swim or move away from you. Locally (west coast of FL) I've gotten as close as 20 feet from them. Now I'm not going to try to pet it or anything but I've walked near the local lake banks and been near them. They just move or swim away.
They are elusive animals and hide very well so sometimes you see them and sometimes you don't. But they are there.

Never seen one there. As DH and I were riding the train around MK in April and you pass the part where they "alligators" are, I told DH I bet there were plenty of real ones back in that swampy green water behind them!

Its an inside joke with my DH. Every time we headed to the parks on our last trip he would yell and point "look a gator!" followed with "just kidding". Got me every time.

There was one at Coronado Springs Resort the last couple of years that would come to the edge of the lake every morning because people were feeding it. It was about 5 feet long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter