• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you ever have nightmares where everything's going wrong on your WDW trip?

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I've had a few, I guess it's because I'm a little nervous about my first trip there next June. Last night I had a dream we were in our hotel room and my SIL brought a co-worker along, who I didn't know. The only bad part about that is the co-worker was in OUR room. In real life, I'd be fine with my SIL bringing a friend along as long as the friend was in another room. Anyway, it was the day after we first arrived and Magic Kingdom was going to be the first park we visited. It was nearly 11 am, and we still weren't dressed to go. I looked in my bag and all I brought along were a few shirts, one pair of jeans and one pair of jean capris. OMG, all I could think about was how hot and miserable I'd be wearing that. I probably forgot my swimsuit too, and I remember thinking it was going to be two weeks of living hell because I was short on a lot of stuff. So, please tell me about some of your "scary" WDW dreams.

I'm 12 days away and I have weird dreams every night at the moment, it's our first family trip, first trip I've organised. I basically just dream that everything goes wrong!!

Yes!! The dreams vary but in them all something always goes wrong....we get completely lost, forgot all our luggage, didn't make any ADRs or FP+. My husband thinks I'm crazy but he is not the one planning the trips. lol.

I've had dreams I left my minnie ears at home and was very upset because I wouldn't pay for another pair. Multiple times.....

Yes!! The dreams vary but in them all something always goes wrong....we get completely lost, forgot all our luggage, didn't make any ADRs or FP+. My husband thinks I'm crazy but he is not the one planning the trips. lol.

Oh, I just remembered. Also in my dream last night we never reserved any Fastpasses +. :sad2:

My nightmares are normally me desperately trying to get ready to head to the parks. No matter how much I do, I can't seem to get finished, so that we can leave. And at some point I realize that we're hours late & still in the room.

Thankfully the closest I've ever really come to that was when my son forgot his backpack in the room. We realized it while waiting for the bus. By the time we retrieved it & made it back downstairs we'd missed our bus to HS. So, we had to take a cab to make our PPO ADR. Not so bad in the grand scheme of things.

I hope any real life bumps you may have on your trip don't live up to your nightmare. Maybe just to be on the safe side you should make yourself a packing list & have a conversation with your SIL regarding proper guest etiquette.:)

Honestly no. But I'm really laid back as well. Just roll with things when you get there, things will never go exactly as you plan. But as someone who has sat back and watched others, I can tell you 90% of the time you see people having bad times it is because something little isn't going exactly as they want and they let it snowball.

I just had my first nightmare about Disney last night! Probably because I just booked our few fastpasses yesterday. In my dream we were standing around waiting for the next time slot so we could go ride something else. But it wasn't Magic Kingdom, it was a strange ghetto carnival. It was scary haha.

Yes, it happened a lot before our trip. I still have the dreams sometimes even though we don't have a trip planned right now. :)

I usually have tons of weird dreams before a trip. However, this time I have not, but there is a ton of other stuff going on in my life to give me bad dreams right now.

After having some kind of food poisoning for half a day in our too expensive Grand Californian Hotel Room I know that things might get VERY wrong. So now I have constant nightmares of getting ill during vacation, especially when you spent so much money.

But the money for the hotel was worth it. Imagine being in DTD and suddenly you feel that you only have one minute left to get to the bathroom and your room is so close...hooray. What a fun afternoon it was. I FELT SO BAD! I was glad that it was over fast and that the about 487 $ for the night were a good investment........

I've often had dreams about going on a vacation and forgetting to take money with me, being chronically late to the airport, or forgetting to bring my luggage. They end up being more generic than geared to any one trip though. Plus I've been out of high school for over 15 years and I still have those random dreams where I find out I never really passed high school and have to go back for one class. I guess there's some things that just never get out of our subconscious!

Yeah, there's nothing like waking up at 2:00AM in a panic because you just dreamed about all the bad things that could go wrong with your trip. I dream that we've gotten to the airport but forgot our tickets or our luggage or my pocketbook. I I dream we've gotten to our resort only to find out that I never actually booked our vacation or that our suitcases are empty & we have nothing with us. And don't even get me started on the dreams I have about what goes wrong on the plane ride! Thanks a lot subconscious......

I have the " stuck on a dark ride" dream.

I'm asleep in my bed, but I am dreaming with my eyes open and am convinced that I am really on a dark ride. And I have been there for days. I keep falling asleep and wake up and feel the motion of the boat and can't believe I am wasting my whole WDW vacation sleeping on Pirates or something.

At some point I realize DS isn't with me, and panic that he jumped off the boat while I was asleep and drown. Then I usually wake up and realize I am home in my bed and we haven't even left for the trip yet.

More than once... the worst one was right before our second trip to WDW, first at the poly. I had this dream that we were bumped up to an amazing suite....looked like something out of a roman history book. Pillars, fountains, sculptures, fireworks show every night off our massive terrace...the works. Plus my husband surprised me by telling me we were going to stay for a month the only problem....we both forgot our wallets and theme park tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter