Do you ever get Disney Burn-out?

You could always go to the darkside. :darth: Try Islands of Adventure and Universal if you have not already done so.

hmmmm

Well I went 60-something times last year.... Ive been to Mickeys Very Merry every year since 91... Every year in April for my birthday since I was 4... (i'm 22) Always go to Mickeys Not So Scary, Now always go for pirates and princesses

Id say ive been to the world close to maybe over 300 times.

I still get chills driving through the gate and it doesnt get old.

We'll be there next wednesday for 5 days and I cant wait!!

Looking forward to the 'new' things we'll be doing!!

Hasn't happened yet, but we don't go nearly as often as the folks on these boards. Last visit was '06 & we've been tossing around '08, but now that we must only do summers, we're not so eager.

We (me really) were strongly considering DL instead, but now it looks like NYC is the preference for summer of '08. We'll see what actually happens when we must make a decision.

If this helps I can relate. We just took our third trip in 18 mos. to WDW this past October. My DW and I both love Disney. We honeymooned there, our son has been 7 times and our daughter 4 times. He is eight and she is four. After this last trip we both said we have had enough for a while, or at least we feel this way for the time being. This is my first post on the boards since before we left on our last trip. We are expecting our third child in April and have decided to take a break from trips. Our next trip is going to be Disney Cruise, but that will probably not be until 2009. Both our kids want this to be our next trip and I think by then we will both be ready for a Disney trip again. As for now I am full on WDW. I know I probably don't sound like much of a Disney fan, but trust me we are huge fans. If you don't belive just check out our Christmas tree...

100_0799.jpg

it's completely Disney.
Hey this gives me an idea for a new thread. Maybe this will get me excited again. What's that number for WDW again?
:santa: That's a very nice tree. Great job! :thumbsup2

Now, back to the OP... there is NO WAY I could ever get tired of WDW. :cloud9: Nope, not gonna happen... ;)

I've often wondered about this. Our usual schedule has been to go the first 7 to 10 days in March, and with 11 + months between visits, burn-out has not been an issue. I would usually stay away from the DIS boards right after returning and posting a trip report simply because it was too depressing knowing that my coundown counter was in the 300s. By Sept. I'd be looking for flights and resort deals and the anticipation would begin to build.

This year marked the first two trip year. We spent 11 days in March, 9 at BoardWalk and two at POFQ, then another 6 at Swan in Oct. The two trips didn't induce burn-out, although I wasn't very excited for the Oct. trip until we were well into single digits, but on the drive to PHL we were psyched as usual. I have to say that after 9 days at BW in March, as we were transfering to POFQ for the final 2, the thought occured to me that we'd had enough. If we were bound for MCO, that would have been OK.

We're scheduled for 8 nights at BW from 2/28 - 3/7 2008, we haven't decided if we're renewing or AP so that may be our only trip for 2008. If so, it will be interesting to see if we get the itch come next Fall. Our schedules are pretty flexible, so there's always a chance of a spur of the moment vacation, but I do think that three trips a year might take the blush off of WDW for us, four certainly would. It would be nice to test this theory some time.

Bill From PA

Yes, my wife and I both had it after our two visits this year. I don't mean it as a negative, but twice in one year was more than sufficient. We are 100% Disney fans mind you, but frankly, in my opinion, the parks can get boring, and far to "common" if visited too often.

Now, granted, we already have our trip for next April planned, and I am 1000% looking forward to it, but I think we are going to cut back to once per year, maybe once every two years from now on. As much as I hate to admit it, it does start to lose a little magic for us when it becomes to commonplace.

On a side note, I think one of the problems is that, for us at least, as much as things have changed in "The World", they really have not in the past 15 years. Other than a few new attractions, the general feel of the place has not changed in a VERY long time. This is not a BAD thing, but makes justifying going 2-3 times per year, or even every year, a bit hard to swallow for us considering the costs. While we are planning our trip for next April, we are also planning a few different trips for next summer\fall just to break things up a bit. :)

never had it, and hopefully never will... the new years trip will be my 4th trip in 07 and i cant wait:yay:

even thought about moving to florida to be closer haha..i got it bad

My husband thinks I ought to be burned out, but I'm not! In 2007 I was there for 2 days in March with my son, 5 days solo in April for my birthday and the Flower and Garden Festival, 1 week solo in October for the Food and Wine Festival, 48 hours in mid-November to help a friend celebrate her 50th birthday at WDW, and then 8 days later I was back in FL with my husband, 3 kids, and in-laws to spend Thanksgiving with my mom and 4 nights at WDW. :) My mom lives an hour away from WDW, so I usually visit her for a day or 2, then go to WDW.

I love the different "seasons" at the parks, and an annual pass makes it easy to want to go several times a year. However, I find that if I'm there longer than one week, I start getting bored. So - shorter trips more frequently works great for me, but the airfare does add up!

Honestly, no. And I worked there for a little less than a year all together, so I went all the time. Of course, stopping by MK just to go on a few rides one night, going to Epcot only to catch Illuminations the next, etc., is a little different than touring the parks non-stop for a week.

If this helps I can relate. We just took our third trip in 18 mos. to WDW this past October. My DW and I both love Disney. We honeymooned there, our son has been 7 times and our daughter 4 times. He is eight and she is four. After this last trip we both said we have had enough for a while, or at least we feel this way for the time being. This is my first post on the boards since before we left on our last trip. We are expecting our third child in April and have decided to take a break from trips. Our next trip is going to be Disney Cruise, but that will probably not be until 2009. Both our kids want this to be our next trip and I think by then we will both be ready for a Disney trip again. As for now I am full on WDW. I know I probably don't sound like much of a Disney fan, but trust me we are huge fans. If you don't belive just check out our Christmas tree...

100_0799.jpg

it's completely Disney.
Hey this gives me an idea for a new thread. Maybe this will get me excited again. What's that number for WDW again?

I am obsessed with your Christmas Tree! :idea: Looks like I have inspiration for a Tree next year!

Anyways, I have been 3 times in the past 2 months, all visits were to the same park. Although it was a little repetitive, it was nice because I knew exactly what I wanted to do, could avoid long lines, parades, etc because I had recently done it. This left more leisure time for walking around and noticing somethings that are easy to pass by on a fast trip

I think I have Disney Burn-out. :sad1: I have been to the World three times in 2007. In Jan. for a week with the kids (5 and 3), in April for three days with DH to watch my little sister march with her HS Band, and for five days in Sept. with my mom for free dining.
Problem is that last trip wasn't that great and I haven't really been even thinking about our next trip. :sick: We have a DCL cruise booked with the kids for next month. I have been planning for that, but usually I have our next trip booked before we ever leave for the first. I am excited about the cruise as we have never been on one. But I haven't even been here on the boards much. I was popping in several times a day.;)
Don't get me wrong, we love Disney and usually don't vaca anywhere else, but I think I might have over done it this year. Anyone else ever get this way?

Yes.:guilty:

Nope, not me. I have been twice in a year a few different years, but that wasn't enough to give me burn out. I think it would take quite a bit to burn me out on Disney and I don't know if it's even possible.:)

I did once. Then I got over it. :) I had gone twice last year and was fine. I went the third time and had a great time....until our flight was cancelled. We had already checked out (the plane was THERE waiting when they finally cancelled it after we should've boarded!) and I was forced to stay at the Poly until we could get a direct flight home. Seems there were no other rooms available. :rolleyes1 They didn't have a flight for us for four days! :confused3
The Poly was nice, but i was quite burnt out by my tenth day at Disney. Even my then 2 1/2 year old son begged me to "go back to Mommy's house". He missed his bed. Poor sweetie still gets burnt out after 5 days at Disney - he likes sleeping in his own bed.

Yes - I can see it happening. We were there in June 2007 (just me and the kids and my mom while dh was attending a conference) for 5 days, then dh and I went back in Oct for our anniversary. While I had a great time in with dh at F&W (I love that festival) I found I really wished we hadn't spent the extra money to go to the Halloween party at MK. I was really bored and although I'm sure it had something to do with the kids not being there and with it being late in the afternoon (I love MK in the morning), I don't think that was the only thing. We did a couple of attractions we'd never done (Comedy Laugh Floor -very cute- and Stitch -not so cute :rolleyes: ) and then I was ready to go. We stayed and watched the parade and fireworks but I didn't get that elated feeling I usually get at MK. Also, my sis and I took my mom to Epcot for the CP for her birthday Dec 1 and I was not too excited about that either. We ended up having a great time though.
Now we will be back again in February and I am really looking forward to it but it is really only because the kids are so looking forward to it. They have never been so "into" Disney like they are right now. They ask me at least once a week when we are going back to Disney World again. I'm hoping they will renew my excitement once we are there.

I've burned out. I have been MANY MANY times .I've gone probably 10-20 times per year for the last 4 years.

Honestly I was burning out really bad at one point and really felt bad about it.

However, here's what got me. i felt like I wasn't having "FUN" anymore while there. I felt like it was more wearing than enjoying.

What I did: I changed my reasoning for being there. Whereas I used to go just for rides and fun I would sometimes go just for shows. I'd ride a ride if the line was short but I'd go and see all the little side shows (such as the Mulch Sweat and Shears) and many many others and then enjoy the fireworks and such.

I've found a whole entirely new side to Disney and I enjoy it more. Personally I think MOST people have never TRULY seen WDW. They've seen the rides and the park itself but they've never FULLY experienced what the parks and property have to offer.

So, if you're getting burned out,......slow down, relax and just sit on a bench at World Showcase, or at MK and just get an ice cream cone and relax. I've found that having NO PLACE to go or NOTHING to do really allows you to enjoy it all over again.

I have PARK burnout! I think.

But i have just taken my first cruise so i am ready to do that for the next couple years!

i think by the time we have had enough of cruising, it will be time to go back to the parks........but my kids are older and myabe by the time we go back to the parks it will be to take a grandkid or have a family reunion!?!?!?

ALSO!, have to say, we live in FORT LADUERDALE and when we lived further away it seemed like more of a vacation!

NOW being so close i want to do things further away, for vacation!

Its been 15-20 years of going 4+ times a year (say 20-30 park days/year) and no burn-out so far! :goodvibes

Been going 2 and 3 times a year since 1994 no burn out, don't think its possible

I think it's possible! While I totally love Disney and enjoy every minute of our vacation there, I am so ready to go home after about 8 days or so. And I'm happy back home for about a year planning the next vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter