Do you do this too?

M

mrsltg

I am sitting at work in a complete fog. All I can think of is being on a cruise. I can actually smell that cruise ship smell. I can picture myself crossing the threshold of the ship and feeling the relaxation wash over me. Am I the only one? :confused3 I really don't want to be crazy....

I watched the Wonder leave port on the webcams on Sunday and was almost in tears because I wanted to be there so much. Does that count? :confused3

I also think about that moment crossing the gangplank with my kids for the first time, and wonder if I'll feel an ever bigger sense of adventure and excitement the next time because I know for sure that we're crossing the threshold into a very special place.

I do it also. Ever since I got the DCL idea, I've been on here. I've stayed in my office many days during lunch, and spent the entire hour right here on these boards, or shopping for Disney themed stuff to store away & surprise my family when I tell them we are officially booked. :goodvibes

kenika said:
Would you care to post a link to the webcams?

Thanks,
Kenika

Here's the info from a post I read last weekend (crzy4dsny was the OP)

With the funport camera you should see the ship all day in port.
http://www.portcanaveral.org/funport/cruise.htm

With the Radisson cam you could just see the top of the ship over the Carnival ship. The Carnival Ship leaves around 4:30. Then you will have a full view of the Disney ship. Start watching around 5:00, you can control this camera and follow the ship.
http://www.opusad.com/radissonwebcam/

After you can't see the ship on the Radisson cam, switch over to this one.
http://www.capecaribe.com/WebCam.htm
After about 10 or 15 minutes the ship will come into view.

About 5 minutes after the ship is first seen on cape caribe start watching this one. http://www.twopalms.com/
You should switch back and forth between the last two for best viewing.

ETA: Remember that the Magic is usually only in port on Saturdays and the Wonder on Thursdays and Sundays.

I'm sooo excited about our cruise in August. I've been secretly planning it for two years dropping comments now again to DH. Since I booked three weeks ago, it's all I can think about. And since I'm such a planner, I want to know everything about the cruise so I can figure out what we have to do and the things we might do.

We go to DL about once a month and I still love checking out the website before we go there. It's Disney. What could be better...

We just went on the Magic in February. Since then I've been dreaming of cruising and everyday I check in here at the DISboards because I can't seem to stop thinking about being on the Magic, Palo's, the french fries from deck 9, the drink of the day, lazing the day away at Castaway Cay, the steel drums and ..... (you name it, I miss it!) :sad1:

guilty!!, also crazy!!! It has been 8 years since our last cruise, the memories of the smell and the color of the ocean grow fainter....BUT, we only have until October!!!! So, I spend too much time here...checking out others photos, planning door signs....

my DD is crazy too - her teacher told us that the cruise is all she talks about - an dit still months away!!!!! :sunny:

:wizard:

When I went on my first cruise two years ago, the family we met through DIS asked me if I would still be on the boards after the cruise (they couldn't see the point)....well, I am still here (now at least I know the answer to some of the questions) and counting the days to our July double dip
Barb

martinezfamily1126 said:
I am totally with you :thumbsup2
I have trouble some mornings getting my son to preschool because I am busy reading. He has started the egg timers on me now to keep me in line! :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh, I'm not the only one :rotfl2: . I finally had to take down all my disney stuff in my office. I also had to take off my screen saver with the Magic docked at CC. Once I got into the fog I was gone for the day. Now that we are 67 days out I put up a countdown calander of my daughters with Goofey in front of the ship at the port. Also several other pictures around it.
I can only imagine what it is going to be like when we get back from our cruise in June. Maybe someone needs to start a support group thread in ways to deal with this. I think the only way it can be done is to book another cruise even if it is two years away. Oh, we need help.

:surfweb:

:rolleyes: Thank God, I'm not alone!!!

I've had a count down on a dry erase board that we use at work... today, I took the "centerfold" out of Cruising Monthly.... which just happens to be a WONDERful picture of the WONDER and put that up on the wall... for all to drool over! :goodvibes

My staff is about ready to KILL me.... :lmao: 21 days until our vacation starts!!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :yay:

I have never cruised, but I believe I am obsessed by it already... I was in school and working on my MBA and booked the cruise. I actually put school on hold and I think one of the reasons is because I can't seem to concentrate on much else besides the cruise. It seems like the closer I get to cruising, the slower the days go. :hourglass

Gulity as charged, LOL!!! :rotfl2:

I daydream much too often about being back on the Magic, but what's a fellow to do? :confused3

lmok said:
Oh my gosh, I'm not the only one :rotfl2: . Maybe someone needs to start a support group thread in ways to deal with this. I think the only way it can be done is to book another cruise even if it is two years away. Oh, we need help.

:surfweb:

This IS a support group.....or a cult.....support group....cult....support group...cult....support group....cult.........

:rotfl2: oh, the pain.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter