Do you carry your DVC ID?

In my OP I stated I carry the APs and TIW because afaik their discounts are equal or better to what we get with the DVC. We've been here half a week already and the only time it was to my benefit to use the DVC ID was to purchase the APs. I wasn't trying to just use the MB, but just to see if there was anything else I might need my DVC ID for, Thank you all for your responses but I think the only thing mentioned that we might do ( and need the DVC ID for) is TOTWL, and since we are here at BLT that is no big deal.

In my OP I stated I carry the APs and TIW because afaik their discounts are equal or better to what we get with the DVC. We've been here half a week already and the only time it was to my benefit to use the DVC ID was to purchase the APs. I wasn't trying to just use the MB, but just to see if there was anything else I might need my DVC ID for, Thank you all for your responses but I think the only thing mentioned that we might do ( and need the DVC ID for) is TOTWL, and since we are here at BLT that is no big deal.

There are a few places where the DVC discount is better than the AP, but they seem to outnumber the times that the AP is better than DVC:

Dining Discount Comparison: http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf
Other Discounts comparison: http://allears.net/pl/disc_other.pdf

DVC Discount is offered or better:
Givenchy
Guelain's
Basin
All golf courses
Golf lessons
Aerophile Balloon
Richard Petty Expereince
Surrey Bikes
Tennis Lessons
Floral Experience​

AP discount is offered, but DVC is not:
LEGO Imagination Center
Disney golf shops
BASS Nitro Fishing
Splitsvill Luxury Lanes
Alamo car rental​

As for dining, there are no cases when the AP discount is offered or better than TiW's offering. There are, however, some restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin that offer a DVC discount, but no AP or TiW discount:
Picabu
The Fountain
Fresh Mediterranean market
Cabana Bar & Grill
Splash Grill & Terrace​

Since your DVC ID is required for Top of the World access, and the DVC discounts are more and better, I'd carry my DVC ID before and AP ID, unless you frequent one of those few places where DVC doesn't get you a discount.

we have a 2 year old with a condition that requires a crazy amount of attention. DW is always focused on him, so I'm more in charge of the tickets and financial stuff. It's a system that works pretty well for us.

gotcha:) If you're always together in the parks, you could likely just bring one DVC card & one AP card to at least eliminate 2 cards in the stack.

enjoy your trip.

We were just there for a week the first of May and I had to show my card and picture ID every time to get the DVC discount. DH doesn't even know where his is...or at least that is what he tells me...then waits for my reaction...good thing he is cute, or....

The DVC Member Card, like the AP card, gives you a 10% discount on merchandise purchases at any of the stores in the parks and resorts.

For the most part, the DVC discount is given by Disney owned stores and restaurants. There are a few exceptions of course, but not every store and restaurant on property offers we DVC Members a discount. And the DVC discount has been better than the CM discount for Tables in Wonderland some years.

As for dining, there are no cases when the AP discount is offered or better than TiW's offering.

Unless you're only planning on a small amount of the places with both, and buying the TIW wouldn't make sense for the planned dining. :)

We carry everything.

I have NO affiliation with this company whatsoever except that we bought 5 of them (one for DS, two each for me and DH): sideswipewallet.com

If you don't use a lanyard (and I tend to use one with a Witz brand waterproof card "locker"), the sideswipe holds a decent amount of cards!

I lost my card, but it was very easily replaced at AKL-Kidani. I just walked up to the DVC sales kiosk and asked. I showed my ID, and he had to go into another room to get it.

It paid off to have it, to get the discounts. I didn't need it for TOTW because they scan your magic band.

DaddyBeast brings up a nice point. If you have lost (or forgotten) your DVC Member ID card and are staying at WDW, you can drop by any DVC sales location along with your own photo ID (You cannot get a member ID for your spouse if your spouse isn't there with their own ID for security reasons), they can print one out for you. The hours you can get this done would be between say 8:00am and 4:00pm to be safe. I would not count on a sales office being open any later than this. The current locations are:

1) Preview Center at SSR
2) Kidani Villas
3) Villas at the Grand Floridian
4) Villas at the Poly (although they are remotely located and not at all convenient IMO_
5) Boardwalk Villas Sales Office, which is by the quiet pool at BWV

The best thing to do is stop by the DVC kiosk at any of these locations as the CM can look up your account, and call the sales office because they are the ones that can print out your new ID card. I think this is a very nice service for members. Years ago, you had to call MS and wait for WEEKS sometimes to get your card in the mail. Ugh.

I always carry my DVC card, TIW card, my driver's license, and my debit card. We have Annual passes, too .

I always have my DVC card on me.

My wife is always getting into situations where she could have used a coupon or a discount card but doesn't have it in her purse. One day I found her DVC card sitting on the table and I (jokingly) scolded her for not carrying it with her. (She would never need it outside of Disney)

I use a safari logo shoulder bad I found at AK a few years ago. That way I can carry some rain gear, I also carry my DVC Card, my AP card, my Tables in Wonderland card, my Drivers License and my medical insurance card, just in case of emergency. I also carry a credit card in case the Disney room charging system goes down, as it has on a couple of occasions.

I carry nothing less with the magic bands... actually more since I need to remember to bring and wear magic band and we have had so much trouble with the magic bands and entry etc you better bring everything else and since we do not have smart phones we have to write down all our FP info.

I carry it all! I was actually pleasantly surprised on our last trip in May that some of the stores actually asked if I had an annual pass or DVC for the discount. I would forget half the time and the reminder was very appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter