Do you answer your phone

Funny you should ask this. Normally no, we have caller ID and if I don't know you, I generally don't answer. However, I was making dinner a couple of weeks ago when the phone rang and the ID showed a cell phone. For some strange reason I decided to answer. On the other end was a very nice man who had found DH's driver's license on the floor of the train! DH wasn't even home yet and this guy had found it, googled his name and made the effort to find him, what a great guy! They were able to meet up on the inbound train the next morning and DH had his license back. Nice to remember there are good guys out there!

if you dont know the number ? Heck no, what ever it is it cant be good

I click ANSWER and then click END, it makes the phone stop ringing.
Another fav of mine is to answer OLA!! really loud. If it's a human on the other end, they usually don't know what to say next. CLICK!!!

Never! I always thought I had some strange case of "Phone-a-phobia" but I am reassured by this thread! I'm not weird and alone after all! (Well not alone anyways... I do have my 38 cats...) KIDDING!!! :cat:

Only answer always for DH or mom. If it's someone I know, I'll call back later. If I don't know the number, forget it!

My phone rang 5 times this afternoon.

I let them all go to voice mail today :D

Not any more. I used to answer all calls but I've been getting so many telemarket calls I won't answer now unless I know the caller.
I also started blocking the phone numbers of the telemarket calls but to my dismay I found out yesterday that my phone will only hold 30 blocked numbers. I'm seriously thinking of buying a new phone that will hold a whole lot more blocked numbers!
I get more spam calls than I get from people I know.

Not any more. I used to answer all calls but I've been getting so many telemarket calls I won't answer now unless I know the caller.
I also started blocking the phone numbers of the telemarket calls but to my dismay I found out yesterday that my phone will only hold 30 blocked numbers. I'm seriously thinking of buying a new phone that will hold a whole lot more blocked numbers!
I get more spam calls than I get from people I know.
Consider switching your number to Google Voice, and getting a new unlisted number for your landline. I'm pretty sure Google Voice has unlimited blocking.

I never answer my landline if I don't know the number. My mother and telemarketers are the only ones who call me on it. I very rarely give out my cell number so I take most calls that come in on that unless they are not local. I recently found out about a service that is supposed to screen robo-calls and it has cut down the calls I receive considerably. I don't know if it works for cell phones though.

Yes.

My mother used to call and she would talk to our dog. Our dog got used to it.

Now Mom is gone. But the dog still expects me to pick up the phone and let her listen to my mother.

That means that the dog screams and whines until we pick up the phone. We try to answer it right away.

On my home phone, I generally won't answer unless I recognize the caller...sometimes will with a local exchange. For some reason, I will generally answer my cell phone, since I tend to get very few junk calls on it.

In the UK we get so so so many PPI calls. We also get you've been in accident that wasn't your fault. They're getting craftier though calling from London and Glasgow (and other places but that's the two places I would expect people to call me from) area codes. So I panic and think maybe someone is in hospital then you hear "Press 1 for more information on PPI" aaah!

Yes I do. All I do is breath heavily. Then say 'I enjoyed that' and hang up.

When I don't answer the front door, they come around the back which sends me bonkers.

If the back door has windows replace it with Plexiglas. Tried to smash one and couldn't.

We do have a landline as we are old school to begin with and just don't want to rely solely on a cell phone. Also, our alarm is through the landline

My alarm is through a cell phone - I really want to get rid of the landline but its the number I give out when filling out forms, to school etc so they don't bother me on my cell!

I get some weird out of area calls +12 or something like that shows up on the caller ID. One day I got a call from myself.... Literally the weirdest thing ever when I saw my own cell # pop up on the caller ID

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter