Do I need FP+ for BOTH Wishes and MSEP??

leannak

DIS Veteran
We're taking our kids' grandparents who have never been and never again will be at Disney World. They aren't the fastest moving people... and I want to make sure their trip is magical!! Definitely want them to see Wishes from a good spot, but I think they'd like MSEP too. If I reserve FP+ for Wishes, will we be able to go in by parade time and see MSEP at all from there? Or should I book MSEP and try to see Wishes from that spot? I don't think we can do both, because I hear you have to scurry between the two. Also, I'd rather use our FP's for Peter Pan, etc. that we "need" them to see. :)

1- If I reserve FP+ for Wishes, will we be able to go in by parade time and see MSEP at all from there?

2- Or should I book MSEP and try to see Wishes from that spot? I don't think we can do both, because

3- I hear you have to scurry between the two. Also, I'd rather use our FP's for Peter Pan, etc. that we "need" them to see. :)

1- Nope.

2- Much better idea.

3- No scurrying needed. You'd have plenty of time to get from one to the other.
However, the view of Wishes will be be better from near the MSEP viewing area.
(I'd just move 50 feet, or so, south (away from the castle) right after the parade passes.)

OK, wait- I just saw the Wishes area is in the rose garden, which looks like it's to the side of the castle. Can you see the projection show and castle lights, etc. from there??? We did the dessert party our only other trip to disney and I was disappointed we couldn't really see what was on the projection show.

I don't know about the view, but they're definitely two separate spots, and you would need two separate FPs for both.

Happy someone posted about the dessert party! I was debating wether or not to ADR! I guess I have my answer now! Thanks!!! :-)

I'm so confused...I didn't even know we need a FP for Wishes!

We're going Nov 14th-17th & doing MVMCP on the 17th...do we need a FP for Wishes?

I'm so confused...I didn't even know we need a FP for Wishes!

We're going Nov 14th-17th & doing MVMCP on the 17th...do we need a FP for Wishes?

You don't NEED a FP for wishes. If you choose to make it one of your FPs then there is a special viewing area.

And we'll be at the MVMCP on the 17th too!! ;)

You don't NEED a FP for wishes. If you choose to make it one of your FPs then there is a special viewing area.

And we'll be at the MVMCP on the 17th too!! ;)

Ok, Phew! panicked for a minute ;) thanks!! I'm so excited for the MVMCP - our first one!

How's the view for both Wishes and EP from Tony's?

Wishes cannot be seen at all from Tony's.

MSEP passes in front of those guests seated on the outside PORCH of Tony's. (MSEP is not viewable from inside the restaurant.)

But, something to consider is that even if you are seated on Tony's porch, there will be a "wall of guests" standing on the sidewalk
blocking the shorter parade entries, and thousands of guests, many with strollers and ECV's, trying to squeeze by
on that same sidewalk as they hustle to get out of (or into) MK during the parade.

MK-Tonys-Paths-061308B.jpg

I was thinking that I'd FP+ wishes since the viewing area is much smaller than MSEP and we wouldn't be able to see wishes from the MSEP viewing area? can anyone weigh in???

Wishes cannot be seen at all from Tony's.

MSEP passes in front of those guests seated on the outside PORCH of Tony's. (MSEP is not viewable from inside the restaurant.)

But, something to consider is that even if you are seated on Tony's porch, there will be a "wall of guests" standing on the sidewalk
blocking the shorter parade entries, and thousands of guests, many with strollers and ECV's, trying to squeeze by
on that same sidewalk as they hustle to get out of (or into) MK during the parade.

Thank you so much for the info!! Helps immensely with my planning!!!!

I was thinking that I'd FP+ wishes since the viewing area is much smaller than MSEP and we wouldn't be able to see wishes from the MSEP viewing area? can anyone weigh in???

The angle of view of the MSEP from the Wishes viewing area will not be very good,
as well as they might not even open the Wishes viewing area until after MSEP is over.

The view of Wishes will actually be very good from near the MSEP viewing area.
I'd just move 50 feet, or so, south of the MSEP viewing area (away from the castle) right after the parade passes.

Robo said:
The angle of view of the MSEP from the Wishes viewing area will not be very good,
as well as they might not even open the Wishes viewing area until after MSEP is over.

The view of Wishes will actually be very good from near the MSEP viewing area.
I'd just move 50 feet, or so, south of the MSEP viewing area (away from the castle) right after the parade passes.

This is so helpful!!! Thanks a ton!!! Robo, can you comment on the view of wishes from the plaza for AAA. I have that booked as well, but ii can't decide what would be better: plan A, using a fp+ for msep and staying for wishes on a Tuesday, or plan b using our AAA reservation for wishes from the plaza. Any thoughts?

OK, need serious advice before these fast passes are all taken. Should we just do MSEP and then try to find a place near main street to watch Wishes? Or should I book both MSEP and Wishes?? Can you see the projection show from the rose garden?!? We're going on a high crowd (8) day, so i'm worried about both finding a place to watch wishes in the crowd OR getting through the crowd to to the Wishes viewing area.

This is so helpful!!! Thanks a ton!!! Robo, can you comment on the view of wishes from the plaza for AAA. I have that booked as well, but ii can't decide what would be better: plan A, using a fp+ for msep and staying for wishes on a Tuesday, or plan b using our AAA reservation for wishes from the plaza. Any thoughts?

AAA viewing is fine, but likely very crowded.
--------------------------------------

The AAA Viewing section I have marked as "Lower Tables" on the top image.

The second photo shows how the area looks with guests.

MK-Hub-N-RoseGrdn-070412.jpg

---
AAA_Fireworks_800.jpg

OK, need serious advice before these fast passes are all taken.

1- Should we just do MSEP and then try to find a place near main street to watch Wishes?

2- Or should I book both MSEP and Wishes??

3- Can you see the projection show from the rose garden?!?

My opinion:
1- Yes.
2- No.
3- It's OK. Not perfect.

As a note, since it's not really on Robo's map (it's there, but not marked or labeled :p), as of 2 weeks ago, the MSEP FP+ viewing area was that top arc along the inside of the hub (facing the castle). It starts at the crosspath inside the hub on the right and I think it goes all the way over to the other one (I positioned myself pretty much smack in the middle...) along the arc outside of the two planters. Of course, this may change at any time.

For MSEP, it's really really nice, since you'll have the castle as the backdrop:
20131019-IMG_0551_small.jpg

(Note: The float was slightly past me in most pictures, otherwise they would have blocked the castle).

For Wishes, this spot may be a touch close like Robo mentions. I really enjoyed watching Hallowishes (I never made to to the castle for Wishes...) from right at that right-hand cross over.
20131018-IMG_0319_small.jpg

It's also worthwhile to note that different lenses were used here. MSEP was shot with a 30mm and Hallowishes at 18. So the difference is made a bit greater by lens choice (MSEP will be a bit more "zoomed in" than Wishes)

(Special note: Both photos are relatively untouched with some quick tweaks in exposure and highlight recovery. I haven't reached them yet in my post trip processing but wanted to throw them up for practical examples.)

Great photos, Cafeen!

Question since you've done this... I will be there when the crowds are at a 10... I have small children (7 & 3.) I'm worried that if we stay put for Wishes after using our MSEP FP+ (or move back 50 feet as Robo suggests), the kids will be too tiny to get a good view of the fireworks if we are surrounded by throngs of people and we'll have to hold them the whole time. Will we be able to sit and see the fireworks just fine from the MSEP FP+ area or 50 ft back?

I'm debating whether a FP+ for both the Parade and Wishes would be good due to these being the top two things we want to see and the size/ages of our kids and our desire to sit. I'm also concerned about getting from the MSEP FP+ to the Wishes FP+ area through the crowds. And getting to the Wishes FP+ area late and not getting a good spot - thus defeating the purpose.

Suggestions anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter