Do any resorts have 2br & kitchenette for 2 families?

Aidensmommy22

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for something on property that has 2 bedrooms & possibly a kitchenette. I'm having a hard time finding anything like that. We will be on a budget so deluxe resorts are most likely out.

I'm looking for something on property that has 2 bedrooms & possibly a kitchenette. I'm having a hard time finding anything like that. We will be on a budget so deluxe resorts are most likely out.

If you want a two bedroom with kitchen on site, you will need to book at the DVC resorts (a/k/a Deluxe Villas). Old Key West is the least expensive, but you will still pay over $500 a night for a two bedroom villa. You can't get a 2 bedroom at a value price unless you book offsite.

You should look into renting DVC points and booking a two BR villa. It's substantially cheaper than booking straight through Disney. We rented a 1BR at Kidani Village last January for $1885. Not cheap for five nights. But booking a 1BR suite through Disney was over $4000.

If you want a two bedroom with kitchen on site, you will need to book at the DVC resorts (a/k/a Deluxe Villas). Old Key West is the least expensive, but you will still pay over $500 a night for a two bedroom villa. You can't get a 2 bedroom at a value price unless you book offsite.

You should look into renting DVC points and booking a two BR villa. It's substantially cheaper than booking straight through Disney. We rented a 1BR at Kidani Village last January for $1885. Not cheap for five nights. But booking a 1BR suite through Disney was over $4000.

Thanks for the info! Do you know if any value resorts have kitchenettes? I am fine with just a basic room but my brother would like one. Maybe they could upgrade?

Not onsite but right behind Caribbean Beach is the Bonnet Creek Resort. We booked a beautiful 2 bd 2 bath with kitchen for 7 nights. The total was $840.

There are also the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, which can sleep six and have fully equipped kitchens.

There are also the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, which can sleep six and have fully equipped kitchens.

I was looking at those. It might work for us. Does Fort Wilderness have a food court? Not sure how it's laid out so just wanted to see about the food court & bus stop.

I was looking at those. It might work for us. Does Fort Wilderness have a food court? Not sure how it's laid out so just wanted to see about the food court & bus stop.

How many people do you have?

Fort Wilderness is very large. There is no food court, but there is a take-out counter at Trail's End and a large snack bar at the pool for daytime eating.

Every room at Disney has a coffee pot and refrigerator. Values and mods have food courts, what exactly does your brother need in a kitchenette?

Another option for a kitchenette is a DVC studio room. When those are 30% off, their price is reasonable. Renting points is also a great deal on studios.

Fort Wilderness is very large. There is no food court, but there is a take-out counter at Trail's End and a large snack bar at the pool for daytime eating.

Every room at Disney has a coffee pot and refrigerator. Values and mods have food courts, what exactly does your brother need in a kitchenette?

Another option for a kitchenette is a DVC studio room. When those are 30% off, their price is reasonable. Renting points is also a great deal on studios.

It will be myself, my mom & my 2 children in one room. My brother & his wife in another room. This will be his first time going. I told him he won't need a kitchenette but he said he would pay more for it. I personally love the all-star resorts. We like to use the food court. My mom also wants to stay on property so we can ride buses. My brother wants to drive everywhere, which they can do if they want. He is very ADHD & has to be on the go all the time. I feel like spending more on a kitchenette is pointless but he is welcome to pay more. I'm just trying to figure out a way to make everyone happy.

I'm just trying to figure out a way to make everyone happy.

tell hm to book what he wants and you book what you want. nothing says you have to share accommodations.

even if you stay at the same resort you don't gave to be together. arrange to eat one sit down meal a day if you want together time and the rest of the time.. go your own way

It will be myself, my mom & my 2 children in one room. My brother & his wife in another room. This will be his first time going. I told him he won't need a kitchenette but he said he would pay more for it. I personally love the all-star resorts. We like to use the food court. My mom also wants to stay on property so we can ride buses. My brother wants to drive everywhere, which they can do if they want. He is very ADHD & has to be on the go all the time. I feel like spending more on a kitchenette is pointless but he is welcome to pay more. I'm just trying to figure out a way to make everyone happy.

I don't thing the cabins at fort wilderness would work well for you. They only have one bedroom. You and your mom would have to share full sized bed and the kids could be in the bunk beds in the bedroom, but your brother and his wife would have to sleep on the murphy bed in the family room. Not really the privacy I would think they would want.

What kind of "kitchenette" is he looking for? Is a microwave, fridge and sink enough? The family suites at the values have that. He can book that and you can book a regular room this way the extra price only falls on them. I think once he compares the price of a regular room to a family suite he might think that just having a refrigerator is enough. It's one thing to spend more money on the suite when you have kids, but for that price for two people I'd go to a higher end resort (YMMV).

FYI, by the time he books a family suite and you book a regular one, you have almost paid for a 2 bedroom villa at OKW or SSR. If you can rent points from a DVC member you can probably get the villa cheaper than you can rent two rooms. Don't forget the tree house villas either, they are about the price of a two bedroom (and the same size), but they are configured differently and have 3 bedrooms. Remember that if you don't want to rent points and you book through Disney, the discounts of the villas are usually much higher than the discounts on the values (15% vs 30%) so if you go during a time that usually offers discounts take that into consideration.

If you want budget though as you mentioned in your OP, then two standard rooms at a value resort will give him the couple their privacy while being the cheapest option.

I don't thing the cabins at fort wilderness would work well for you. They only have one bedroom. You and your mom would have to share full sized bed and the kids could be in the bunk beds in the bedroom, but your brother and his wife would have to sleep on the murphy bed in the family room. Not really the privacy I would think they would want.

What kind of "kitchenette" is he looking for? Is a microwave, fridge and sink enough? The family suites at the values have that. He can book that and you can book a regular room this way the extra price only falls on them. I think once he compares the price of a regular room to a family suite he might think that just having a refrigerator is enough. It's one thing to spend more money on the suite when you have kids, but for that price for two people I'd go to a higher end resort (YMMV).

FYI, by the time he books a family suite and you book a regular one, you have almost paid for a 2 bedroom villa at OKW or SSR. If you can rent points from a DVC member you can probably get the villa cheaper than you can rent two rooms. Don't forget the tree house villas either, they are about the price of a two bedroom (and the same size), but they are configured differently and have 3 bedrooms. Remember that if you don't want to rent points and you book through Disney, the discounts of the villas are usually much higher than the discounts on the values (15% vs 30%) so if you go during a time that usually offers discounts take that into consideration.

If you want budget though as you mentioned in your OP, then two standard rooms at a value resort will give him the couple their privacy while being the cheapest option.

Do you think we would be comfortable in a family suite at AOA? It has 2 baths & 2 fold out beds in the living/dining area. I'm thinking 1 could sleep with me & 1 with my mom.

The reason I'm sticking with on property is we can get military rates so I'm not sure how that would affect us if we stay at separate resorts or if we stayed at DVC.

The reason I'm sticking with on property is we can get military rates so I'm not sure how that would affect us if we stay at separate resorts or if we stayed at DVC.

Since you appear to qualify for military rates, have you checked out Shades of Green (SOG)? They have some family suites and also at least one 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen. SOG is right across the street from the Polynesian and walking distance to the Ticket and Transportation Center, so is in a convenient location. I also recall seeing SOG buses at the parks.

We are looking at the 3rd or 4th week in January for 5 nights.

After a quick check for the 20 - 25 Jan 14, you could get AoA Family Suite, five nights, for $1063.13 (with 30% discount, including tax, weekend night at higher rate). 1 Q bed, 1 D table bed, 1 D sofa bed.

For the same dates, you could get 2BR at OKW for $2085.75 (with 40% discount, including tax). 1 K bed, 2 Q beds, 1 Q sleeper sofa, 1 T sleeper chair. Full kitchen included.

For the difference in space, privacy, etc., and with a few months to save, I would try for the 2BR, if I could make the numbers work.

Do you think we would be comfortable in a family suite at AOA? It has 2 baths & 2 fold out beds in the living/dining area. I'm thinking 1 could sleep with me & 1 with my mom.

All of you in the family suite? I personally wouldn't be comfortable with that, but you may be fine. Are you comfortable giving your brother and his wife the bedroom and you and your mom staying in the living room? A pullout couch for an adult for a few days doesn't sound very comfy to me. I would be pretty cranky after a few days, but that is me. Will your brother be understanding when your kids need to sleep and he has to stay out of the living room area, or can your kids sleep through anything. BTW, you don't have to be in separate resorts, you can still get a standard room while he gets a suite in the same resort. What is his wife like? Tensions can start rising in close quarters.

About DVC resorts, if you aren't booking through the DVC desk by renting points, the reservations work like any other Disney resort reservation. The military discount only works at certain resorts, but it doesn't hurt to call and find out if the villas are included in that.

All of you in the family suite? I personally wouldn't be comfortable with that, but you may be fine. Are you comfortable giving your brother and his wife the bedroom and you and your mom staying in the living room? A pullout couch for an adult for a few days doesn't sound very comfy to me. I would be pretty cranky after a few days, but that is me. Will your brother be understanding when your kids need to sleep and he has to stay out of the living room area, or can your kids sleep through anything. BTW, you don't have to be in separate resorts, you can still get a standard room while he gets a suite in the same resort. What is his wife like? Tensions can start rising in close quarters.

About DVC resorts, if you aren't booking through the DVC desk by renting points, the reservations work like any other Disney resort reservation. The military discount only works at certain resorts, but it doesn't hurt to call and find out if the villas are included in that.

The military discount works at all resorts, including villas, although a particular resort may not have availability on a given date.

I knew it was a long shot trying to fit us all in there :thumbsup2. I would love to stay at AOA but military discount does not include the standard rooms. I'm sure we could make it work in the family suite but I want everyone to be happy for a better trip! I am thinking 2 standard rooms at All-Stars will be our best option plus it will cost less. I really don't know what he needs a kitchenette for. He's not going to cook. I guess I could just price them for him & let him know. Do any of the AS resorts have kitchenetts? I may look into Shades of Green but I'm sure their family suites are like AOA, only 1 br.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter