Do any of you make scrapbooks to sell?

Jenn

DIS Veteran
I've been thinking about doing this. I'm just wondering if my effort would be worth it.

I'm thinking about it to just to make a bit of extra money so I'm curious too. For me to come up with new ideas for pages all the time seems like it would take alot of time so I may focus on premade ones or maybe partially premade and I could customise them for each person just slightly. Let me know of ideas you have for doing this . . I'd love to get ideas.
Pammyjo

Wasn't worth it for me, but I set my prices too low. I was working for pennies an hour when I charged $6 a page, and couldn't bring myself to charge more. *shrug*

I don't think I charged anywhere near enough either but it was worth it for me because I scrapped something I have never done and I learned new things and spent way too much time in the LSS so I picked up a lot of new techniques. :thumbsup2

I did this once for my dh's aunt, charged a flat fee for the completed book.. And she wasn't into wanting loads of embellishments, so it was profitable.

I think if you set yourself up as a biz, and bought wholesale, it would be workable.. but the price of some embellishments is getting crazy..

I do. I charge $15 for a 12x12 (and from the other thread, I'm a bargain!) That's for a simple-to-moderately embellished page. I also have the client purchase their own books b/c some people want a$200 book and others like the $30 variety. I sometimes charge extra for doing extra work, like disassembling an old album or any kinds of conservation type things I'm able to do. It's not easy by any stretch and you have to do careful interviews (tell them you WILL BE CUTTING their photos unless they request otherwise ;)). It's not huge money maker and sometimes jobs are few and far between, but it gives me a chance to share my art with an appreciative soul and help feed my kids at the same time.

I'm doing a album right now for a woman for his son's 40th birthday. I'm working with her for $10 an hour and she has to buy all her supplies from me, I'm CMC. And it's been good for me. But next time I will ask $15 or $20 an hour. I've helped her get all her pictures organized and do the album. Some nights we spent the night just getting things in order, so I'm glad I didn't do it gettting paid by the page. This album is wonderful. She wants me to go to the surprise party for her son when she gives him the album but I don't know if I'll go, I don't want to sit there like a goof ball, yup I'm the one that your mother paid a ton of money to do this album with. I've really enjoyed doing this album. Nancy

TiggerFamily said:
I'm doing a album right now for a woman for his son's 40th birthday. I'm working with her for $10 an hour and she has to buy all her supplies from me, I'm CMC. And it's been good for me. But next time I will ask $15 or $20 an hour. I've helped her get all her pictures organized and do the album. Some nights we spent the night just getting things in order, so I'm glad I didn't do it gettting paid by the page. This album is wonderful. She wants me to go to the surprise party for her son when she gives him the album but I don't know if I'll go, I don't want to sit there like a goof ball, yup I'm the one that your mother paid a ton of money to do this album with. I've really enjoyed doing this album. Nancy

Be careful, CM may not approve of this :-). I've thought about doing this too. I know I would need to charge at least $15 per page to make it worthwhile. I know someone who does this. She has flat fees for "simple, standard and elaborate" pages. Simple is no journaling, basicly a strip and triangle, and maybe corner rounding. That is $8 per page, not including album, but does include any paper embelishment. Her standard is $12. Includes above, more paper decorations, cropping of photos and journal boxes. Might be a more elaborate themed border. Stickers are extra but can be included. Elaborate is just that, starting at $15, can include chalking, metal, ribbon, fiber, whatever the person wants, and does not include journaling or embelishments. If the client wants specific ones, she goes shopping and gives them a bill.

I've been doing this for a couple of years now. One of the Dr's I work with has me do there pictures. I charge $15 dollars a page plus supplies and it come out to around 50 pages when can be around $950-$1000. I do around 3- four of them a year for her which pays for my vac......:)

Here is what others are charging...

Thanks to someone else here in the creative community for the link (I just can't remember who)

prices for albums

For those of you that do scrap for a fee, how did you get started? Was it word of mouth or did you advertise somehow?

Hey everyone...

I make albums for people too.. and I usually charge $300 and up... depending on the items I use.. I purchase everything myself and let the customer know that.. but its timely and costly.. so let them know that as well...Happy scrapping.. --Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter