DLH Info Needed PLEASE

PinkPrincess

Earning My Ears
We are staying at DLH in June, we are getting 2 rooms for the 8 of us, and asked for adjoining rooms.. My question is, What are the differeances between the 3 DLH towers?? Is one better then another????

Any requests I should make before arriving????
Any other helpful info??​

You may want to start by reading this thread. **ºoº DLR INFO, MAPS, HOTELS, & OTHER FUN THINGS TO DO ºoº ** It is a "sticky" thread about half way down the top of this board. It contains great photos and diagrams of the DLH layout.

This is just my opinion. You will probably hear differently from others. Both the Sierra Tower and Bonita Tower have large rooms. The Sierras Tower rooms have a nice bathroom set up with a separate room for the toilet and a large vanity. The Bonita Tower rooms have a standard hotel bath with the vanity toilet and tub/shower all in one room, but they have a nice wet bar in the entry way. The Sierra tower rooms have two sliding glass doors that slid open away from each other making for a large opening, bringing the outside in ( I love this part). The Bonita Tower hads a regular sliding glass door.
I had always thought the Marina Tower rooms were quite a bit smaller but they are not. They are smaller but are still a nice size. They have a nice bathroom layout as well with a vanity outside the bathroom and one inside as well as a seperate room for the toilet. They have a regular sliding glass door as well.
There are numerous room sizes in each building to account for elevators and maid/janitorial rooms. Some of them are smaller with two queens or doubles and some with just a king from what I have read. Make sure you request a room with two queen beds AND a Day bed and you should get a lrager room.
I prefer the rooms in the Sierra Tower, then the Marina Tower and lastly in the Bonita Tower.

We have stayed at the DLH about 6-7 times. I would def ask for the Sierra Tower. You usually can always get it. The rooms are really big. We stayed in 2 rooms with 10 people and we were fine. We actually had a lot of room. I will only stay in that tower now. The elevators are VERY slow. I would ask for a low floor and one close to the elevators. The floors are long so if you are not close to an elevator you can waist a lot time walking down the hall. I am personally not a big fan of being far from the elevator dragging kids down the hall.

I hope you have a great time!

I share Daannzzz opinion-

I prefer the Sierra Tower for its location and views -- BUT most (if not all) of the rooms are considered view rooms (of either DTD or the pool area), so unless you have booked a view room, you aren't likely to get a room here. I've always been happy with my rooms in the Sierra Tower.

Next, I prefer the Marina Tower. It's not as close to DL and DTD as the Sierra Tower, but it's close to the action. It's easy to pop down to the lobby, shops, or snack shops. You can sometimes get views of the fireworks in a standard room. The view rooms of the Neverland Pool are also fun (although nostalgic me misses the watching the ice skating rink at Christmas time that used to be in the Marina area before the Neverland Pool was constructed)

The Bonita Tower is my least favorite. I've never had a standard view room here, but I'd think the view is pretty boring. I've had a nice view room here (before they charged for them) which looked out over the falls and gardens, and still offered views of the fireworks. I've liked to room layout fine, but didn't like being farther away from everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter