DL/sequoia/vegas... Too much?

GrumpyGoofy

Mouseketeer
Planning a family trip to Disneyland/Vegas in late June and early July

The original thought was to spend 5 nights in LA area and 4 in Vegas. We were driving to Vegas on the third of July. But now we have looked at pictures of sequoia and want to "swing" by. Yes I see if it a few hours off our path. If we leave DL around 6 or 7 am and drive to sequoia, see the trees, and I would stay in a hotel in Fresno area and then drive to Vegas the next day.

would that be enough time to see some sights? Would it be worth the extended drive? We have not been to cali before.

We were also looking at heading to a beach for a few hours and possibly seeing the Reagan Library to see Air Force one. Too much with still being able to do Disney. total trip length is 9 nights? How many days should I plan for DL?

I wouldn't do it. Too much driving. Lots of dull landscape to drive through. I would scratch one Disney day for more time in Seqouia and Oakhurst. If you just plan to look and leave, quite frankly look at pictures!

If we leave DL around 6 or 7 am and drive to sequoia, see the trees, and I would stay in a hotel in Fresno area and then drive to Vegas the next day.

would that be enough time to see some sights? Would it be worth the extended drive? We have not been to cali before.
It's about a five hour drive to Fresno plus another hour to get to the park itself and another hour to get to the good stuff. So you would get there about 1PM. Then a two hour drive back to Fresno. If driving for nine hours is worth it to you, then Sequoia is breathtaking.

As ILUVALASKA mentioned, the drive there is dismal. But that last hour (once you reach Squaw Valley) is beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter