DL CP.. I don't think I want to do it anymore

PrincessBrianna

Mouseketeer
I just had my interview, but I'm not sure if I want to do it :-(
1. Its from Jan- AUGUST which is such a long time, I thought I could do it from Jan.-May
2. I'll have two bachelor's degrees in Finance and Media Arts, and I could work somewhere else in a much more flexible job where I can make more money and have less hours
3. I need to b...e looking for a job in the film industry when I'm out there, and I asked what happens if we left early and she said they have a "no rehire" policy within the ENTIRE COMPANY so if I applied to Disney Studios I couldn't work there! :-(
So I'm kind of bummed but I'll still be in CA just working for someone else.. and definitely visiting Disneyland every once in a while!

If you don't want to do it I would reccommend that you don't. It's not enjoyable unless you want to be there and there are other applicants who would love to do it. I think if you really feel like you don't want to do it you probably shouldn't.

I just had my interview, but I'm not sure if I want to do it :-(
1. Its from Jan- AUGUST which is such a long time, I thought I could do it from Jan.-May

Let me get this straight:
1. You want to work for Disney
2. You have two degrees that will qualify you to work for Disney on the film side (Finance will help you anywhere you go)
3. You have an opportunity to work at Disneyland from January through August as a CP
4. Your main concern is that you MIGHT find a higher paying job in the few months before your CP ends.
5. Disney offers professional internships in several fields you would likely be qualified for

Seems to me that the higher paying job for a couple months isn't going to add up to much $$ while the potential of being able to work for Disney in the future holds a lot of value to you.

Your worst case scenario has you working full time and finding another full time job. Wow, that's ambitious in this market.

Even if you do find your "dream job" during your CP, it will wait. Any job worth having is worth waiting three months for. Employers understand employment agreements. You commit to August and they will honor that. You aren't likely to get such a high level job that they will want you to start immediately or you lose the offer. Most job selection processes take several MONTHS. By the time you have your third interview, it is already two months into the process.

Your networking opportunities alone, while a CP, are going to pay off dividends in the future.

Believe me sweetie, you have your whole life to work. A couple months at one job instead of another job won't matter ten years from now.

Don't be in such a rush to the top that you lose sight of the fun stuff along the way. Have fun at DL and network your way to that dream job.

Mike
Army Lieutenant Colonel
NYS Certified Public Accountant
Microsoft Certified Professional

-nine full time employers in 26 years. Each time I moved up the "ladder" to a better job.

You may not want to burn this bridge. Sometimes a little sacrafice is the right choice when you look at the big picture. Are you really sure you will have a higher paying job? And are you OK knowing that if you don't finish the program you will never work for Disney again? The experience you get from working with Disney could be what you need to get the higher paying job.

Good Luck

Since you've yet to even be accepted to the program you'll really only have a problem if you get in. Once you've been accepted you have to think about the fact that it is way smarter and easier to simply not accept the acceptance, via contacting your recruiter as they instruct you to do at the bottom of the acceptance e-mail, than it is to self-term. Self-terming= very bad idea since unless you can fill out the necessary re-consideration paper work and get them to feel like you had no other choice because you had a very good reason for leaving like a death in the family or some type of illness which isn't your situation at all, you can kind of kiss working at Disney goodbye. Not the "see ya real soon" Disney type of goodbye either...

In short, since you don't want to do it, don't. If you get accepted, decline it. Let someone who wants the spot have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter