• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Divas, Zebra Domes, and Pixie Dust! A Week in an African Paradise! New TR Link Pg.145

I just wanted to say Hi! I read through your PTR yesterday and it was so fun to read. You are such a creative mom. I can't wait to read about your trip.

(sorry for the sidebar CP)...

Welcome back MEK!!! Jackie already told me they didn't run into you...bummer. I see the spot for your new TR in your siggie and I'm waiting on your link too!

I am so excited to read this report because:

1. I am headed to Animal Kingdom in 71 days; and
2. Wigdoutdismom said that yours are the best to read!

Can't wait to see what happens!

Yeah you started - I am so excited!! :cool1:

I'll be tuning in to read more - from a first pictures, it looks like you guys had a great time. And Chelsea and Connor are just too cute for words - I'm excited to hear about their adventures! :wizard:

Yay! Another TR! I cannot wait to read about all of your adventures. :)

Okay girlie---I'm all caught up, but very scared and worried indeed!!!!! I'm nervously biting on my nails trying to figure out the Divas, and also why we won't be seeing much of Charles----scared I tell you!

OMG Jackie you started this TR at 10:30 last night and already its on page 4 :scared1: I'm late!! But I'm here :thumbsup2 ;) Can't wait to hear about all of your amazing family's fun at WDW!

OK, I am subbing too.......for FEW reasons.

3. because I am subbed on our "other" friend's TR and she can be sort of
slow with her pre/trip/pre/trip reports!! :rolleyes1

She is purposely slow because she loves to tease and torment! :scared1:

(just kidding, wigd, really.... ) :hug:

Yay!!!!! Am I first?? Cant wait for more, I cant wait to see your AKL room wonder if it was close to ours?

:welcome: You are first! :banana: We had an AWESOME room at AKL -- I can't wait to share the room location!

:welcome: I am so glad you made it over!

wow....i made the first page. that's really cool considering my track record of keeping up with TRs as of late. i can't wait to read about your african paradise, pixie-dust-filled trip! oh, and zebra domes.....:cloud9: did you make yourself sick off them? i probably would've!

Yeay!!! Dawn's here!!! party: Just wait until you hear about the zebra domes! :laughing: I wasn't the only one who became addicted to them!

I'm here, too:banana:

:welcome: I am so glad you are here!

So excited to hear all about it!

Allyson

Allyson! :welcome:

1/2 an hour and 1/2 a page already!!!

I know, Katie! Can you believe it???

Did I make page 1????? :banana:

ETA: I did, I did! Now gotta read! LOL

You did! You did, Brook! :banana:

Yay!!!

I'm so happy that you started.

Sounds VERY interesting already...

I can't wait to hear about your AKL adventures!

And, of course, I can't wait to hear about the drama!!!

Yeay, Julie's here, too! :banana: It was VERY interesting, and AKL was everything I hoped it would be and more!

I'm in and looking forward to hearing about the adventures of this trip!

:welcome: I hope you enjoy it!

I am soooo excited that you started, Jackie! I can't wait to read. :goodvibes

ETA: I am unreasonably excited about making the first page. :rotfl2:

Hi, Megs!!! I can't wait to tell you all about the trip! And hurray for the first page!!! :woohoo:

I can't wait to read your new TR, fun and drama.

:welcome: Lots of fun and lots of drama! :laughing:

Uh-oh....is that foreshadowing, or did I miss something along the way on why Charles wasn't around...:scared:

And I have to say, you look ADORABLE sitting in that rocking chair with your AKL themed Mickey head shirt and matching Vera!!!!!

Chelsea has grown up so much!

Yes, foreshadowing -- I haven't said anything yet as to why Charles wasn't around very much.

Thank you! Believe it or not, I didn't even plan to look so coordinated for that picture! :laughing:

Can you believe how much Chelsea has changed just since last summer!? :eek:

Woo Hoo! So glad I didn't have to wait til the AM and I am on the 1st page!---THANK YOU--THANK YOU. i can sleep now :lmao:

:welcome: I figured I would go ahead and start since I had everything ready to post.

Well, rats...I was just going to say the same thing! ADORABLE!

Now that you started, I just want more!

:welcome: Trixie!!! So glad you made it over! I thought about you while we were at AKL! Thank you! I will probably post the first part of the trip later today -- just to get things moving towards WDW!

Yay! It starts! I can't wait to read all about the trip and the magic. :goodvibes

:welcome: I am so glad you are here!

See - this is what I get for working on Chapter 6 on my online course tonight. All these people skipped me in line and I'm way back here!!!

Oh well, they're all pretty nice, so I don't mind being behind them. Looking forward to it all, especially the zebra domes.

And other food.

And the giraffes.

And Animal Kingdom Lodge.

And shopping!

Not to mention a few rides and attractions, I'm sure.

MeMom's here!!! party: Work always gets in the way of the DIS, doesn't it? Yes, there will be lots of everything you listed! We even tried some new rides (for us) this year!

Woo Hoo, we got an early surprise. This is like getting to open a Christmas present on Christmas Eve! :woohoo::woohoo:

Okay, now I am going back to read.:laughing:

:welcome: :rotfl: It was like opening Christmas presents waking up this morning to see all the posts! :goodvibes

Oh carp! I ignore my computer for awhile tonight and I'm relegated to page 2.

Can't wait to hear all about the trip. Love the pic of you at the lodge!

Now, now Chrissy! It doesn't matter what page you are on -- just that you are here! :hug: Thank you!

Im in! Im a lurker.... I'll admit it! I just love living vicariously through other peoples TR's and have read your previous ones. I am hooked and intrigued by your gang on so many levels! First off because my DH ( who is also a Diva! and lives to put a last minute wrench in my plans) informed me just yesterday that we will most likely not be going back to Disney for a loooong time....wahhhhhh ( we just returned form an 11 day stay at the Beach Club so honestly who can complain) and ironically what is in my in email today from disney- A PIN CODE that I cannot use arghhhh:mad:. I am actually in the middle of reading MeMoms TR's backwards- I have read all of hers and am now on the last one ( which is actually the first one- Baby and the Tramp....) and I was just in the middle of it and thought to myself let me take a peek and see if you had started your new one- and there it was!

anyhow- so excited and impressed that you have started your TR already! Yipee! I'm hanging in for the long haul since I have no countdowns in my sigee :sad2:
must get too bed now but just wanted to say thank you for starting this one!

:welcome: Eleven days at Beach Club? That must have been absolute heaven! Aren't MeMom's trip reports just wonderful??? I always feel like I am right there with them!

I am so glad you are here and posted! I hope you will continue to post -- especially since you will be able to identify with my Diva husband. :laughing: I love reading everyone's comments!

I'm here I'm here and not on page 4 WOOT!!!! YAY!! I loved your intro and cant' wait to hear more CP!!!!!!

:welcome: Jen! I am very glad you are here! I was going to PM you this morning! :laughing:

I'm here and calling someone a sneaky sneakerton!

Now I'll go back and read!

I am not a sneaky sneakerton -- I just figured I would give you an early surprise. :lmao: :welcome: The pictures of us turned out really cute!

Oh, and thanks MeMom or I would have been on page fifteenhundredthousanth....:

:rotfl: MeMom was so nice to give you a heads-up!

OK, I am subscribing as I have been told that this trip report will be the second best highlight of my summer!

SHOCKER!!! :welcome: The best highlight was your vacation, right? I hope my TR can live up to your expectations! :rotfl2:

Yay! I'm so glad that you've started your report!!!

I know exactly how you feel about each trip being unique... it's like opening a wonderful surprise gift every time...

Kathy

:welcome: Kathy! I had never really thought about it before, but each trip is so very different from the last one. There's never a dull moment at Disney, that's for sure!

OK, I am subbing too.......for FEW reasons.

1. according to your faithful followers you write awesome TRs :thumbsup2

2. to find out if you were BRAVE enough to ride TOT and RnRC :confused3

3. because I am subbed on our "other" friend's TR and she can be sort of
slow with her pre/trip/pre/trip reports!! :rolleyes1

4. because I was able to make it in before page 27!!

BLESSEDDADDY! :welcome: I feel so honored to have both you and Shocker visiting! Wigd is holding out on us, isn't she? :lmao:

Okay I'm here now. Phew...I'm late too....

You are not late, Jordan! You are right on time! I have drunk stories just for you! :lmao:

I look forward to hearing how Disney was at the beginning of June... and WHY you din't see much of your DH on this trip?

:welcome: So glad you came over! This June seemed very different from other Junes when we have been there! You'll find out why my DH wasn't around much...:rolleyes1

This is what I get for going to bed early last night... bottom of page 2!!!

OH well I beat LL

Can't wait to hear all about the trip! love the pics in your 1st post

Paula

:welcome: Paula! Now, now, like I tell Chelsea and Connor, it's not a competition. :rotfl: Thank you! There are lots more pictures where those came from!

You started, you started, hurrah you started! :woohoo::dance3: Can't wait to hear ALL about it. As in every last detail. A little :scared1: about divas but as you say, one has to make the trip interesting. And I've been called a diva once or twice in my time. :rolleyes1 But I know you had a good time and already want to go back so that's what counts!!

As others have said the pic of you in your chair with your leopard print mickey head t-shirt and your matching Vera is perfect! Love the kids' new mouse ears in the castle pic!

Looking forward to much more with the CP clan!

PS- What will happen if monkeys take over the world?

:welcome: Christine! I will give ALL the details, I promise! And let's just say everyone on this trip channeled their inner divas multiple times! ;)

Thank you! Aren't those ears just hilarious? Wait until you see the close-ups on Connor's -- his are truly unique!

Connor is always coming up with questions like that -- daily! :rotfl:

What would happen if monkeys take over the world? Well, they're not monkeys, but maybe Connor could watch the classic Planet of the Apes. Who doesn't love a little Charlton Heston and classic movie lines?

Well, I don't know if I'm the first to say this or not, but my dear, I am quite impressed. Look at how well your Vera Bradley hipster not only matches your outfit, but the decor of your resort!!!!

It boggles my mind to think of what would match Pop.

I'm so excited that you've started. I can't wait to read all about it. When it comes to your trip reports, patience is not one of my virtues.

:welcome: TK! Connor would so love Planet of the Apes -- that is right up his alley!

Thanks -- you know I wanted that VB hipster just because I thought it screamed AKL -- and it did match nicely, didn't it?

I must confess I will probably spin this one out a bit longer than the last one! I decided I need it to last awhile! :thumbsup2

Excited to read more!! :thumbsup2

:welcome: So glad you came over from my PTR!

Can't wait to read all about your trip! :goodvibes

:welcome: Hope you enjoy reading!

I thought you said Wednesday for this report. I wake up and find that not only did you start your report last night but you already have 3 pages! I have to get Brooklynn off to school and then I'm coming back to read.

Jill! :welcome: I just have the one past so far -- you aren't behind at all! :goodvibes I thought I would surprise everyone with starting late last night! :rolleyes1

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!

Of course I'm following.... CP's reports are.... wait for it.....

lengendary!

:welcome: Julez! Wow! Legendary? I am so flattered! I don't know if they are quite that good, but I do try to make them entertaining -- and this one certainly has the subject matter for an amusing read. ;)

I searched high and low for that sneaky gnome at the Jamboo house pool. I looked in all the bushes and shrubs, checked with the lifeguards, the bar tenders, the guests.....but, alas, no gnomie to be found! :sad2:

Welcome back and way to get started on your TR. I think mine is going to have to wait until next week.

:welcome: MEK! I kept an eye out for you, too, but I guess we just kept missing each other. :( Did you love Kidani?

CP! You started. Like I said on Facebook, you match AKL so well! You look so cute. I am a little :scared1: as to why didn't see Charles much this trip. I really hope the benadryl was left at home. :laughing:

I can't believe how much Chelsea & Connor have grown up since last year.

Do we have an update schedule like last year? Hehehehe! ;)

LL is here! party: Thank you!

Don't be too scared! He wasn't sick or taking too much Benedryl or anything too drastic! :rotfl:

I think my plan is to update once mid-week and once on the weekend this year...

hello! I was a lurker in your PTR I read the whole thing, but didn't start following untill you were about 3/4 of the way through it. So now I'm here to follow your TR! I can't wait!!!

:welcome: I am so glad that you have de-lurked! :rotfl: I hope you enjoy the TR!

I'm here.....now to go back and get all caught up!

Jen's here!!! Woo hoo!!! :woohoo:

I just wanted to say Hi! I read through your PTR yesterday and it was so fun to read. You are such a creative mom. I can't wait to read about your trip.

:welcome: Wow! I can't believe you read the whole PTR yesterday! Thanks for the compliments! The TR should be lots of fun!

(sorry for the sidebar CP)...

Welcome back MEK!!! Jackie already told me they didn't run into you...bummer. I see the spot for your new TR in your siggie and I'm waiting on your link too!

I am waiting on the link, too, MEK!

I am so excited to read this report because:

1. I am headed to Animal Kingdom in 71 days; and
2. Wigdoutdismom said that yours are the best to read!

Can't wait to see what happens!

:welcome: You are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge! I want to go back there soon! I hope the TR lives up to the hype! :lmao:

Yeah you started - I am so excited!! :cool1:

I'll be tuning in to read more - from a first pictures, it looks like you guys had a great time. And Chelsea and Connor are just too cute for words - I'm excited to hear about their adventures! :wizard:

:welcome: Katie!!! I am so happy you are here! We did have a good time!

popcorn:: Followed your link to the new TR! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

:welcome: I am so glad you are here for the TR! :goodvibes

Yay! Another TR! I cannot wait to read about all of your adventures. :)

Cass! Hurray! :banana: How are you feeling with this crazy heat?

Okay girlie---I'm all caught up, but very scared and worried indeed!!!!! I'm nervously biting on my nails trying to figure out the Divas, and also why we won't be seeing much of Charles----scared I tell you!

:rotfl: Don't be too nervous -- we were at Disney after all! :laughing:

OMG Jackie you started this TR at 10:30 last night and already its on page 4 :scared1: I'm late!! But I'm here :thumbsup2 ;) Can't wait to hear about all of your amazing family's fun at WDW!

:welcome: I am thrilled you are here!!! :yay: Can you believe page four already? I am so excited to have so many readers!

She is purposely slow because she loves to tease and torment! :scared1:

(just kidding, wigd, really.... ) :hug:

Is that what Wigd is doing? :rotfl: I hope she starts before the summer is over! ;)

I'm here, now I am off to read.

:welcome: I am so glad you are here!!!

My best friend children (my godchildren or as I like to refer to them due to a typo years ago my dogchildren) are named Connor and Chelsea. So I just had to sub into your report since I can already tell that your Connor and Chelsea are just as adorable as mine.

I saw this morning that you were already 2 more pages...so I thought surely there was an update........nope just everyone subbing....popular girl.

Drunk stories...:thumbsup2

I :love: your TRs! Can't wait to read all about it! Now I need to go read your PTR - I'm so far behind on my DISing, that I didn't even realize you had one. :sad2: I'm so ashamed.

SHOCKER!!! :welcome: The best highlight was your vacation, right? I hope my TR can live up to your expectations! :rotfl2::

OK, I think you have already answered one of the reason I subbed to your report......I mean if you are BRAVE enough to ask Shocker that question, then it is clear that you are BRAVE enough to ride TOT and RnRC!!! :lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter