• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diva & 27th Anniv Trip w/1500+ Pics, Photopass starts #765!!

love mary poppins and Bert

the one pic of him with his head back chuckling is great

:goodvibes

And continuing on with Aladdin.

137-4.jpg

138-3.jpg

139-5.jpg

140-3.jpg

141-5.jpg

142-4.jpg

143-3.jpg

146-3.jpg

147-4.jpg

148-4.jpg

151-4.jpg

152-4.jpg

153-3.jpg

154-3.jpg

155-4.jpg

156-2.jpg

157-4.jpg

158-3.jpg

159-4.jpg

160-3.jpg

161-3.jpg

162-4.jpg

Guess what? Even more Aladdin coming up!

Ok, one more installment of Aladdin.

164-4.jpg

165-4.jpg

166-4.jpg

169-4.jpg

170-3.jpg

171-2.jpg

172-5.jpg

173-4.jpg

175-4.jpg

176-4.jpg

177-4.jpg

178-3.jpg

179-1.jpg

180-4.jpg

181-4.jpg

182-3.jpg

183-5.jpg

185-5.jpg

186-5.jpg

187-3.jpg

188-3.jpg

190-2.jpg

191-2.jpg

192-3.jpg

193-1.jpg

Love this show!! The genie absolutely makes this show a must see!! Hilarious!

After we exited the Hyperion Theater, we took a picture of the sign & then one of me with one of the ushers.....he was really startled that we wanted him in a picture....lol

196-2.jpg

197-3.jpg

A couple pics from around the backlots.

198-3.jpg

199-3.jpg

200-3.jpg

We went & did the Monsters Inc ride.

201-3.jpg

202-2.jpg

203-2.jpg

204-1.jpg

205-2.jpg

206-1.jpg

We were having a craving & got ourselves a Mango Smoothie from Schmoozies!!

207-2.jpg

224-1.jpg

While Mike was in line for the smoothie, I took some more pics from around the area.

208-3.jpg

209-2.jpg

210-2.jpg

211-3.jpg

212-3.jpg

213-2.jpg

214-3.jpg

215-2.jpg

While enjoying our mango smoothie, we wandered into the Animation Building. The big room you walk into, used to show different film clips, but right now it's just colored screens as they are redoing "it"......now no one would tell us what "it" was.....but I kinda missed the movie clips & music all around me.

225.jpg

226-2.jpg

227-1.jpg

We went in to watch the zoetroppe.

229-1.jpg

230.jpg

231.jpg

I actually shot this one while it was in full spinning motion.........

232-1.jpg

If you've never seen a zoetroppe, then this might help explain things:

233-1.jpg

234-1.jpg

235-2.jpg

236-2.jpg

237.jpg

More Animation Building coming up.

So here's a pic of the main room.

239-1.jpg

We made our way into the Sorceror's Workshop.

238-1.jpg

240-1.jpg

241.jpg

242.jpg

243.jpg

244-2.jpg

245-1.jpg

246-2.jpg

247-1.jpg

248-1.jpg

We did the "Find out what character you are". I was Mrs. Potts!

249-1.jpg

Mike was Jafar!

250-1.jpg

251-1.jpg

More of the Beast's Library:

252-1.jpg

253-1.jpg

Exiting the Animation Building.

254.jpg

We walked into the "Off the Page" store.....man oh man, I wish I had a ton of money to purchase some of the art work in here!

255.jpg

256-1.jpg

257.jpg

The construction wall around Playhouse Disney......as it is being redone to match the new name of Disney Junior with a new show.

258.jpg

We were heading for the exit of the park & took a picture with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background......this might be the last time we get this shot, as it will be coming out with the remodel of the entry.

259-1.jpg

Next installment will have more Disneyland!!!

We went back to Disneyland because we had a 3:15 appt at the train station to ride on the LILLY BELLE!!!!!

We saw Goofy with a very short line, so we jumped into it since we had a few minutes before we needed to check in.

260-1.jpg

We went up & checked in & then had a seat in the station to wait. Mike took some pictures while we were waiting.

261-1.jpg

262.jpg

263-1.jpg

264-1.jpg

265-1.jpg

266.jpg

267.jpg

Now I'm not sure all of you know this.....but if you go check out this board in the Main Street Station, you will notice 2 lit up areas (usually always across from each other)......this shows you where the trains are in the park.

269.jpg

Here are a few more pics from the Main Street Station.

270.jpg

271.jpg

I grabbed the camera & took pictures over towards DCA & the handcart.

272.jpg

273.jpg

274.jpg

275.jpg

The Firemen Band started playing, so Mike took these from the train station.

276.jpg

277.jpg

My first stop was at the Teacups to meet up with Janelle, her dad Larry & her son Ayden. Ayden loves the teacups, but neither Janelle or her dad can ride them......so I was thrilled to take him!!! They were waiting & watching the riders when I showed up. It was great to finally meet Janelle in person. Janelle is one of the first people I started conversing with on the Dis a few years ago.....so I was very excited to meet up with her.

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

Ayden was ready for me to take him on all sorts of other rides, but they had plans on running over to DCA to get WoC Fastpasses & I would be meeting up with the early arrivers for lunch. So we said our goodbyes, but were hoping to meet back up for the Princess Fantasy Faire photo the next day.

Laurie I'm just now getting back on the boards and I'm so glad I ventured to your TR to see these. :hug: I am soooooo incredibly thankful for the time we spent together in DL. You really made Ayden's day taking him for a spin. :)
Thank you for being such a good friend to me, I was a little nervous to meet everyone and you certainly made me feel so welcome. I love this picture of my Dad, Ayden and I so I'm going to steal it if ya don't mind. I need to get back to updating my TR soon, I've just been so busy with work and little league starting. Have a great weekend my friend. :flower3:

The Lilly Belle!!! They take 2 small groups a day if weather permits & it's not being used for VIP's.

278.jpg

279.jpg

Our conductor was very knowledgable & has been at a ton of special events, meeting all sorts of celebrities & VIP's. Her knowledge of the trains was amazing & we found the tour very fascinating. She answered questions, let us take pictures, taked about the Disney family, etc during our round-trip around the park.

280.jpg

281.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg

286.jpg

287.jpg

288.jpg

290.jpg

Wanted to point out the hidden Mickey in the carpeting......this was NOT intentional since this was hand woven way before the hidden Mickey craze was even thought of. Speaking of the hand woven carpeting.....this is also the reason the Lilly Belle will not be brought out when it has rained or is raining or going to rain. They would be unable to replace it & it's the original carpet.

303.jpg

Back to more Lilly Belle.

291.jpg

292.jpg

293.jpg

294.jpg

302.jpg

304.jpg

305.jpg

Mike & I on the train.

306-1.jpg

More Lilly Belle.

307.jpg

308.jpg

More pictures coming up!

Laurie I'm just now getting back on the boards and I'm so glad I ventured to your TR to see these. :hug: I am soooooo incredibly thankful for the time we spent together in DL. You really made Ayden's day taking him for a spin. :)
Thank you for being such a good friend to me, I was a little nervous to meet everyone and you certainly made me feel so welcome. I love this picture of my Dad, Ayden and I so I'm going to steal it if ya don't mind. I need to get back to updating my TR soon, I've just been so busy with work and little league starting. Have a great weekend my friend. :flower3:

I'm glad to see you too!!! I had so much fun with you & Ayden & kinda wish we had hung out more.....maybe I wouldn't have been in such a funk!

Meeting you in person was like meeting up with an old friend......no nerves....just felt right!!

Feel free to steal away on the pics!!

Little league starts a little later here......our opening day is in April.

Can't wait to see when you get time to work on your report again.....want to see all the pics you got!

Let's finish up the Lilly Belle pictures.

310.jpg

311.jpg

312.jpg

313.jpg

314.jpg

315.jpg

I waited until everyone exited so I could get some better pics of the train.

316.jpg

317.jpg

318.jpg

319.jpg

320.jpg

The Lilly Belle as it was leaving the station again.

321.jpg

We decided we would watch the Flag Retreat from the Train Station in the VIP seating the Divas had for the fireworks over the weekend. I will say that this really is an excellent place to watch this ceremony.

322.jpg

323.jpg

The Disneyland Band started marching up Main Street heading towards the flag pole.

322.jpg

323.jpg

324.jpg

325.jpg

326.jpg

327.jpg

The band around the flag pole.

328.jpg

329.jpg

330.jpg

331.jpg

finishing up the Flag Retreat ceremony.

351.jpg

352.jpg

353.jpg

354.jpg

355.jpg

356.jpg

357.jpg

358.jpg

359.jpg

360.jpg

361.jpg

So after the ceremony, we headed to the Bengel BBQ......we had never had it before & this was on our To-Do List.

362.jpg

363.jpg

We got the Bengel Beef Skewer:

364.jpg

The Chieftain Chicken Skewer:

365.jpg

And the Safari Skewer (Bacon wrapped Asparagus):

366.jpg

I liked the chicken one but really wasn't overly thrilled with the other two.

We went to BTMRR & rode it twice in a row in 5 minutes. I'm really not sure what happened to that humungous crowd we encountered for MM, but the rest of day wasn't too bad.

We walked thru Fantasyland, stopping to get pics of the castle all lit up!

368.jpg

369.jpg

370.jpg

As we made our way up Main Street, we heard the ragtime piano being played at Coke Corner.

371.jpg

372.jpg

We stopped & had our picture taken at the entry before exiting the park.

376.jpg

375.jpg

Next installment will be of our Fat Tuesday late dinner at the Jazz Kitchen.....not sure I'll get it up today or not until tomorrow.....things to do!

I've seen Max at Goofy's a couple of times - I wasn't even aware that he visited Surf's Up too, but, I guess wherever his dad goes, he can follow!

To me, I think Surf's Up definitely has a real bonus/draw in that you can find Daisy there...oh, and Mickey, of course (can't forget The Main Mouse!).:rotfl2: And Stitch. Those 3 are all totally exclusive to that restaurant, or so it seems.

I'm really, really surprised that Surf's Up isn't more popular than it is. When I was staying at the PPH in December, and wandering to and fro, every time I walked past Surf's Up or the PCH Grill during later hours, it looked practically empty. The one and only time I saw the PCH Grill crowded was when I was considering going in and eating there!:rotfl2:

The only thing I can guess is that it's all because of the location. Either people don't know about Surf's Up (because they don't follow the wise people on the DIS!;)), or they assume that the PPH is so, so far away when it really is not far (if you know where you are going and take the short cut). It's clearly not the cost, because people pay for Ariel's. People pay for Goofy's. It's clearly not the characters - who wouldn't want to see Mickey at a character meal? It's not the food - the food usually gets good reviews, and even if it didn't, it couldn't be any worse than some of the things I've heard about Minnie & Friends' food on an 'off' day!

Oh, and one other thing I wanted to mention that's wonderful about DLR at Christmas time - since you are now a big fan of the PPH, as am I, you will appreciate this - is the PPH Christmas tree!!:santa::santa:

I think Sherri will agree with me that the PPH tree in the lobby (they remove Surfer Goofy and replace him with the tree and Santa) is just gorgeous. It does not translate well in photos at all, with or without flash, but you can see the tree from outside the entrance, glowing with blue and green lights (rather than red and green), and all kinds of ornaments in blue and pink, etc. It is sooooo pretty.

In fact, I've said before that if I am judging the Christmas trees of the 3 DLR hotels just on colors alone, or aesthetic appeal (to me), the PPH tree would be my favorite because I just love the coloring. It's really eye-catching. If I'm judging the trees on which one fits the theme and atmosphere of its resident hotel the best, I would say the GCH tree wins that battle hands down. But just for sheer color and beauty - and pretty blue/green glowy lights! - you have to see the PPH tree! (The DLH trees are kind of underwhelming next to the PPH and GCH trees, I think.)

You're not kidding about the prices of the DLR hotels! They are scary (even with an AP discount), and they are only going to get higher in the next year, as DLR tries to push the entire resort as a full vacation destination rather than just a place for locals to come! I actually think that they may start removing some existing perks from the discounted rooms and adding in extra perks to the higher-priced rooms, along with raising those rates!

I as you know am absolutely a HUGE fan of surfs up. They are already on our agenda for our October trip. breakfast for sure and possibly trying dinner there. We are considering staying at one of the GN hotels for most of the stay and then 1 night at PPH. We really have found a love for this place! That is the only way we can afford it this trip (maybe) but hopefully with the AP rate our spring trip will be all onsite.

As far as the tree goes...One of the most beautiful trees I think I have ever seen. So much so ...and I don't think I have mentioned this anywhere yet...when we got home we went to Home Depot and and I bought after Christmas sale strands of both blue and green lights...bunches of them...So next year our tree or or house lights (maybe both) will be all lit up like the PCH Christmas tree. The pics do not do it justice at all it is amazing well worth the short walk through GCHs beautiful lobby to experience it.

I think I would appreciate Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln more now. When I was a kid and had to sit through it, it was a snoozefest. As an adult, I think I would like it a lot more.

About the PPH being off the beaten path and Surf's Up suffering...I totally agree with you. I think that is the main reason that Yamabuki was closed! I think it's hard for people to make the connection in their minds that the PPH is part of Disneyland Resort because it's across the street. They envision that it's so far away, but it's not. So if they are not going across the street for any other reason (like if they are not guests of the PPH), then they would not accidentally stumble upon Yamabuki (or even Surf's Up) and wander in. I think a lot of the DLR restaurants get business because people just happen to be walking by and they peek in to see what's there. People think PPH is miles away!

What I wonder is why they don't put another restaurant in where Yamabuki was - something that fits the beach/surf/sun theme a little better. DLR is in need of restaurants. But then again, if they did put in a new one, would anyone know it was there (other than those of us on the DIS)??:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I have not seen Mr Lincoln since I was a child...always something the parents wanted to do...I think I would appreciate it more now but this was Colton's first trip and didn't think he would appreciate it, so I did not pencil it in for our last trip, however in February Colton studied Mr Lincoln at school and when he looked over my shoulder at Lauries pics he said it needs to go on our list for October so we shall see what he thinks then.

I think maybe that empty spot at PPH needs to be a counter service place like WWS in the GCH. Maybe like fish & chips or something

I def think people think PPH is far away but they all go to eat at GCH and it is right across the street!

The Lincoln thing would be somewhat boring for a kid.....but for us "older" kids......it's good & very patriotic.

I have to agree that the GCH has the PPH beat for comfy seats!!! :rotfl: But I sure felt the staff was way friendlier at the PPH. You couldn't sneak thru without someone talking to you.......no one even said hi to us at the Grand. How rude!

Mike says the PPH is the ugly step-child of the Disney Resorts.....it doesn't get credit, when it's really a wonderful place. If people don't know about walking thru the Grand, then they would think it's miles away. Maybe if they did a little more promoting of it, the popularity would pick up. But, with that being said.....with it not being as popular....the prices are lower here....so I guess it's a trade off.

Mike thinks they need another sushi restaurant in there to keep with the theming of the PPH. I think the PCH Grill tends to cover more of the California style. I don't eat sushi....so I wouldn't go.....but it seems sad to have an empty place like that for so long.

Thanx Michele!!! This Bert was really good for the character.....he had that quirkiness that made me absolutely love Dick Van ****!!!

I'm glad she's home.....hope she's doing ok!

:rotfl2:sorry the placement of your **** amused me condsidering his first name LOL

While enjoying our mango smoothie, we wandered into the Animation Building. The big room you walk into, used to show different film clips, but right now it's just colored screens as they are redoing "it"......now no one would tell us what "it" was.....but I kinda missed the movie clips & music all around me.

225.jpg

226-2.jpg

227-1.jpg

We went in to watch the zoetroppe.

229-1.jpg

230.jpg

231.jpg

I actually shot this one while it was in full spinning motion.........

232-1.jpg

If you've never seen a zoetroppe, then this might help explain things:

233-1.jpg

234-1.jpg

235-2.jpg

236-2.jpg

237.jpg

More Animation Building coming up.

Laurie...Colton was so very excited by your Zoetrope pics! We stood there and watched it over and over on our trip but took not one picture. Would you mind pretty please if I "steal" a couple of those? He would like them for the wallpaper on his computer and maybe printed out for his memory board.

I as you know am absolutely a HUGE fan of surfs up. They are already on our agenda for our October trip. breakfast for sure and possibly trying dinner there. We are considering staying at one of the GN hotels for most of the stay and then 1 night at PPH. We really have found a love for this place! That is the only way we can afford it this trip (maybe) but hopefully with the AP rate our spring trip will be all onsite.

As far as the tree goes...One of the most beautiful trees I think I have ever seen. So much so ...and I don't think I have mentioned this anywhere yet...when we got home we went to Home Depot and and I bought after Christmas sale strands of both blue and green lights...bunches of them...So next year our tree or or house lights (maybe both) will be all lit up like the PCH Christmas tree. The pics do not do it justice at all it is amazing well worth the short walk through GCHs beautiful lobby to experience it.

I have not seen Mr Lincoln since I was a child...always something the parents wanted to do...I think I would appreciate it more now but this was Colton's first trip and didn't think he would appreciate it, so I did not pencil it in for our last trip, however in February Colton studied Mr Lincoln at school and when he looked over my shoulder at Lauries pics he said it needs to go on our list for October so we shall see what he thinks then.

I think maybe that empty spot at PPH needs to be a counter service place like WWS in the GCH. Maybe like fish & chips or something

I def think people think PPH is far away but they all go to eat at GCH and it is right across the street!

:rotfl2:sorry the placement of your **** amused me condsidering his first name LOL

Laurie...Colton was so very excited by your Zoetrope pics! We stood there and watched it over and over on our trip but took not one picture. Would you mind pretty please if I "steal" a couple of those? He would like them for the wallpaper on his computer and maybe printed out for his memory board.

See now you're both getting me excited about returning for the Christmas season. I love Christmas any way.....but seeing my favorite place during my favorite holiday is almost too much to handle!!!!!

I'm glad Colton is excited about seeing the Lincoln show......it will interesting to see if he thinks he was real or not!

The counter service is a good idea, but I think they have something out at the pool that runs at least during the summer. The PCH Grill does fish-n-chips & they are so, so good!!!

Feel free to "steal" the zoetrope pics!!! Its so fun to go & watch that....crazy!!

I didn't notice the ******, did it do that on my post??? How weird is that? lol

We headed back to the motel to get ready for our 8:30pm dinner ressie at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. When we arrived there were beads everywhere.....but I was disappointed they weren't handing any out. They had a small table they were selling Mardi Gras things at! We were taken upstairs to the dining room. I was kinda hoping we'd be seated where we could listen to the band....but I've never been before & not sure that's even an option. This was in the lobby when we made our way upstairs.

377.jpg

378.jpg

The dining room was still pretty full for being this late in the evening, but with it being Fat Tuesday......I wasn't super surprised. Here is the menu(s).

379.jpg

391.jpg

I loved the light fixtures.....they were upside down parasols (sp?). I thought the pattern on the ceiling was really cool.

380.jpg

Since it was our "anniversary" (we were wearing our pins), the waiter offered us a glass of champagne......on the house!!

381.jpg

We got two starters to share. I ordered the Louisiana Crab Cake......oh my, my.....so good!!

386.jpg

Mike ordered the Soup 1-1-1 (Gumbo Ya-Ya, Creole Onion, Chef's Creation). The Chef's Creation was like gumbo & chili combined.....it was yummy!

385.jpg

The waiter took a picture of Mike & I toasting 27 years!!

388.jpg

Our entrees were next. I ordered the special--Jazz Kitchen Jumbalaya. This bowl was so big it could have fed our entire family!! In fact I was asked by a number of staff if I liked it because there was so much of it left when I was done. It was just WAY to much food....but very good!

390.jpg

Mike ordered the Royal Street Chicken. The picture doesn't look super appetizing, but he ate every bite & loved it!

389.jpg

Next up will be our dessert!!

So we ordered the Banana's Foster for 2. We found out they do this table side....so that was exciting!!

So the waiter wheels out the cook table.

393.jpg

Here's the ingredients: Butter, Brown Sugar & Bananas (good start)

394.jpg

The banana liquour & the rum (very nice start.....lol)

395.jpg

The waiter removes the banana & starts melting the butter & brown sugar.

396.jpg

397.jpg

398.jpg

The sugar starts to caramelize & so the bananas & banana liquour go in.

399.jpg

The waiter tells me that I should move back.....way back & get ready to shoot high. So I do as I'm told & turn the camera to capture this when the rum gets added!

400.jpg

I'm so glad the dining room had pretty much emptied out at this point.....could you imagine if someone had been sitting behind that puppy going off.......lol

So he finishes cooking off the rum.

401.jpg

He starts getting our dessert plated.

402.jpg

403.jpg

404.jpg

405.jpg

And here's the finished product!! Wow, wOW, WOW!!!!! I already had a thing for vanilla ice cream, caramel & bananas.....but this was heavenly!!

406.jpg

407.jpg

While we waited to pay our bill (with tip $100.50) I took pics of the dining room.

409.jpg

411.jpg

Ok, so this too was an expensive meal, but I can tell you I'd have NO problem going here again & again!!! The food was more our style & delicious!! I would love for the kids to see the Banana's Foster being made!!

Bananas Foster is one of my favorite desserts it is so yummy! Now if you can't afford the Jazz when you have the family go to Mimi's and try the bananas foster cheesecake so good!

As we were leaving the restaurant, we took a picture of the band playing in front.

412.jpg

413.jpg

Here's a pic of the band inside.

415.jpg

Here's the Jazz Kitchen sign.

416.jpg

We wandered through Downtown Disney as we made our way back to the PPH.

417.jpg

418.jpg

A couple more pictures from the PPH.

419.jpg

420.jpg

I was happy to get a picture of the Goofy statue in the lobby with absolutely NO ONE in the background.....the lobby was dead when we got back around 10pm.

421.jpg

We went back up to our room & kicked our shoes off for the evening. So this concludes our Tuesday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter