Diva & 27th Anniv Trip w/1500+ Pics, Photopass starts #765!!

Oh it looks amazing. I love everything. Sorry I am not commenting much but you know I am here.

OUCH is right I'm sticking to Blue Bayou..pricey enough for me! You could have bought more souvineers! Or extra days at Disney!

I know.....like I said, it was something on the bucket list we can easily pass up next trip!!

I enjoyed seeing your Napa Rose photos, Laurie. You think you guys are not really Napa Rose people? You at least had it on your bucket list to try.

I am sooooooooo not a fine dining/Napa Rose kind of girl that I would never even put it on my bucket list! Not one thing shown in your photos appeals to me - in fact, some of it grosses me out! I know I'm in the minority, as most folks want to experience fine dining establishments. I don't need that experience, however!:rotfl2: I think I will get through my life okay without ever needing to eat that food! I see it as such an unnecessary (huge) expense.

I just ordered some stuff from Vons and had it delivered earlier today - and I was excited because I could whip out my George Foreman grill and make some juicy burgers! Oh, and Barilla pasta was on sale for 88 cents, and DiGiorno pizza was on sale!:rotfl2: Those are the things that make me happy in the realm of food! Mmmmm...now that's good eatin' to me!

But at least you can say you tried NR and have your own perspective on it, rather than just readind other folks' reviews.

Mike really wanted to go there......I was ok, I'll go along for the ride. I figured the food would not really be our style....but was hoping it would all be amazing!! Only the scallop made my taste buds jump!!

We're burgers, dogs, sausage, mexican, cajun, spaghetti, pizza eating people most days.

I was hoping watching the kitchen staff would be like Hell's Kitchen....but alas ....... it was not! :rotfl2:

EEEEK:scared1: You could have used that money to renew your AP! I forgot you said you weren't able to renew it. But if you are married to a foodie this was the perfect time to do it...you could never have done this with all the kids.

Exactly......that's why we chose this trip....chances of us doing this trip without kids again is way far out in the future.....years & years & years. As much as we loved doing what we wanted & when......we really LOVE doing it with our kids!!! Just felt like something was missing.

Oh it looks amazing. I love everything. Sorry I am not commenting much but you know I am here.

Hi Michele......was wondering if things were alright with you......how's your sister doing?? Know I'm thinking about ya!!! :hug:

Loved your latest installment but I think I agree! Esp in my latest predicament I just don't think I could stand to spend that much on one meal. Now my MOM on the other hand would prob do it and I could def see her and I having that meal more than dh and I although he would LOVE it. He loves wine and I don't drink so again more his thing than mine. I do like to try different foods but again it seemed like a LOT of food and I don't even know if I could eat THAT much food.

It was all very pretty though and I am sure some of it was very tasty. I know when mom and I go to DW we LOVE the food and wine because we like to try different things and we have eaten at some of their more exotic restaurants because we like to try things like this but wow that was really exotic!!

Glad you got to try it though and experience it at least once!!

And I know what you mean. Dh and I NEVER get to go anywhere alone and I think the last time we EVER went on a trip by ourselves was when he got back from Iraq and we went to my parents place in Mexico. It was really nice but I missed the girls terribly!

It IS nice to get away but when you are a family person as much as we are you feel like a part of you is missing for sure! I find myself always thinking oh the girls would like this or that and I wish they were here!!

Loved your latest installment but I think I agree! Esp in my latest predicament I just don't think I could stand to spend that much on one meal. Now my MOM on the other hand would prob do it and I could def see her and I having that meal more than dh and I although he would LOVE it. He loves wine and I don't drink so again more his thing than mine. I do like to try different foods but again it seemed like a LOT of food and I don't even know if I could eat THAT much food.

It was all very pretty though and I am sure some of it was very tasty. I know when mom and I go to DW we LOVE the food and wine because we like to try different things and we have eaten at some of their more exotic restaurants because we like to try things like this but wow that was really exotic!!

Glad you got to try it though and experience it at least once!!

And I know what you mean. Dh and I NEVER get to go anywhere alone and I think the last time we EVER went on a trip by ourselves was when he got back from Iraq and we went to my parents place in Mexico. It was really nice but I missed the girls terribly!

It IS nice to get away but when you are a family person as much as we are you feel like a part of you is missing for sure! I find myself always thinking oh the girls would like this or that and I wish they were here!!

It killed me to spend that much.......especially since I didn't walk away saying "that was the most amazing meal ever"! It was good and the experience was enjoyable.......but not $250 enjoyable......lol

It was hard being there without the kids......by the end of the trip, we started settling into the groove & had a good time.....but we both agreed that having the kids there makes it just that more special!!!

One other thing I wanted to mention about our Napa Rose meal at the Chef's Counter is......prepare on being there for a while. Our seating was at 5:30 & we left at 8pm. So leave lots of time......I don't think I've ever sat in a restaurant for 2 1/2 hrs before.....my backend was getting sore by the time we left......lol

So after dinner, we hightailed it back to our room so we could watch the 8:15 World of Color show. The hotel simulcasts the music from the show on the tv......so we wanted to see the show from that different angle. We got up in our room just in time to turn the tv on, turn all the lights off & go to the window to watch. So these are the pics I took:

226-1.jpg

227.jpg

228.jpg

229.jpg

232.jpg

233.jpg

234.jpg

235-1.jpg

236-1.jpg

238.jpg

239.jpg

240.jpg

244-1.jpg

246-1.jpg

247.jpg

It was fun to watch the show from our room! You don't see any of the water screen projections, but since we've both seen the show....you kinda imagine them during certain parts & songs. It was really cool to see just how high some of those water jets shoot up.

A few more pics to end our day coming up next!

A couple pics after the show......just love the pretty lights!!

250.jpg

251.jpg

252.jpg

253.jpg

256.jpg

When we got back to our room, I had arranged with Vacation Planning, a little surprise. We had 10 balloons on our ceiling (I kinda wish they would have weighted them down together or tied them to something).

259.jpg

263.jpg

I also had ordered the Mickey & Minnie toasting glasses & a bottle of sparkling cider......I had received a call letting me know, they no longer have the toasting glasses.......so we still got the cider & room service champagne glasses.

260.jpg

I had also arranged to get 6 tuxedo strawberries the next night & Mickey rice krispy treats on our last night.....but because money was tight.....I cancelled the strawberries. The rice krispy treats had been delivered with the cider & balloons......so we kept them to eat later on the trip.

261.jpg

So after a fun & memorable day, we said goodbye to our beautifully lit up view of DCA & called it a night!

264.jpg

265.jpg

All caught

Breakft with Mickey looked like so much fun. I would love to see Max

Loving all the pics. The view from your room was great. SO cool you could see WOC from their

I don't think I Could chef table thing either like others mentioned. I am picky and nothing other than dessert appealed to me

Glad you got it crossed off your bucket list

Those rice krispie treats looked great :thumbsup2

All caught

Breakft with Mickey looked like so much fun. I would love to see Max

Loving all the pics. The view from your room was great. SO cool you could see WOC from their

I don't think I Could chef table thing either like others mentioned. I am picky and nothing other than dessert appealed to me

Glad you got it crossed off your bucket list

Those rice krispie treats looked great :thumbsup2

We've seen Max at Minnie's the most.....this was the first time we'd seem him here. We've also seen him at Goofy's Kitchen.

Loved our view......just wish it didn't cost so darned much!!! They're really pricing disney trips out for most modest families.

Napa is great if you're into that kind of cuisine........I just don't feel the need to repeat it in the future.

The Mickey rice krispies are always the bomb-diggity!!!

Alrighty then.....we're on to Day 6 for me & Day 2 for Mike!! Tuesday, March 8, 2011.

Today was a Magic Morning & our plan was to be up & to the gates by 7:45. Only problem was, the room was dark & the beds so comfy......we over slept....only being woke up by a text message from home. We got up & got moving & finally made it to Disneyland at 8:20.......now 20 minutes into MM on a Tuesday I figured we'd be ok. I could not believe the crowds today!!!

We headed straight to Peter Pan & had about a 20 minute wait.

001-9.jpg

002-3.jpg

We headed over to see how the lines looked for the Matterhorn. They only had the Tomorrowland side open & the line winded all the way around to almost to the Tomorrowland Terrace restaurant. The crowds looked like they did over the weekend & the gates hadn't even opened up for the non MM people yet!!

We decided to skip anymore rides in the area due to the large lines. We headed over to Space Mtn to get FP's.

Another popcorn cart.......

004-6.jpg

The line for Buzz was non-existant, so we jumped on for a ride. Mike played the game & I just went for the ride.........don't really care for this ride....so I tried to get a few pics instead.

005-7.jpg

006-6.jpg

009-7.jpg

010-7.jpg

Our next stop was Pixie Hollow.....the sign said a 30 min wait, but the line was way shorter than I'd ever seen it, so we got in it. I think we waited about 15 mins. I took some pics while we waited.

011-7.jpg

014-5.jpg

012-7.jpg

015-5.jpg

013-7.jpg

016-6.jpg

021-4.jpg

017-6.jpg

Mike wanted to get a pic of the Matterhorn, so he was down on a knee & lining it up.....this is what he got:

018-4.jpg

020-3.jpg

I got the camera back & did a point & shoot & got this......I think mines better.......lol

023-3.jpg

Our turn!!

024-4.jpg

First up was Iridessa! Addy was really upset to hear this.....the 2 times I've taken her....it's always been Fawn!

025-5.jpg

026-5.jpg

While we were waiting for Tink!

027-4.jpg

028-5.jpg

Tinkerbell!! I sure loved this one....she was feisty....just like Tink should be! We all took the pose!

029-5.jpg

We've seen Max at Minnie's the most.....this was the first time we'd seem him here. We've also seen him at Goofy's Kitchen.

Loved our view......just wish it didn't cost so darned much!!! They're really pricing disney trips out for most modest families.

I've seen Max at Goofy's a couple of times - I wasn't even aware that he visited Surf's Up too, but, I guess wherever his dad goes, he can follow!

To me, I think Surf's Up definitely has a real bonus/draw in that you can find Daisy there...oh, and Mickey, of course (can't forget The Main Mouse!).:rotfl2: And Stitch. Those 3 are all totally exclusive to that restaurant, or so it seems.

I'm really, really surprised that Surf's Up isn't more popular than it is. When I was staying at the PPH in December, and wandering to and fro, every time I walked past Surf's Up or the PCH Grill during later hours, it looked practically empty. The one and only time I saw the PCH Grill crowded was when I was considering going in and eating there!:rotfl2:

The only thing I can guess is that it's all because of the location. Either people don't know about Surf's Up (because they don't follow the wise people on the DIS!;)), or they assume that the PPH is so, so far away when it really is not far (if you know where you are going and take the short cut). It's clearly not the cost, because people pay for Ariel's. People pay for Goofy's. It's clearly not the characters - who wouldn't want to see Mickey at a character meal? It's not the food - the food usually gets good reviews, and even if it didn't, it couldn't be any worse than some of the things I've heard about Minnie & Friends' food on an 'off' day!

Oh, and one other thing I wanted to mention that's wonderful about DLR at Christmas time - since you are now a big fan of the PPH, as am I, you will appreciate this - is the PPH Christmas tree!!:santa::santa:

I think Sherri will agree with me that the PPH tree in the lobby (they remove Surfer Goofy and replace him with the tree and Santa) is just gorgeous. It does not translate well in photos at all, with or without flash, but you can see the tree from outside the entrance, glowing with blue and green lights (rather than red and green), and all kinds of ornaments in blue and pink, etc. It is sooooo pretty.

In fact, I've said before that if I am judging the Christmas trees of the 3 DLR hotels just on colors alone, or aesthetic appeal (to me), the PPH tree would be my favorite because I just love the coloring. It's really eye-catching. If I'm judging the trees on which one fits the theme and atmosphere of its resident hotel the best, I would say the GCH tree wins that battle hands down. But just for sheer color and beauty - and pretty blue/green glowy lights! - you have to see the PPH tree! (The DLH trees are kind of underwhelming next to the PPH and GCH trees, I think.)

You're not kidding about the prices of the DLR hotels! They are scary (even with an AP discount), and they are only going to get higher in the next year, as DLR tries to push the entire resort as a full vacation destination rather than just a place for locals to come! I actually think that they may start removing some existing perks from the discounted rooms and adding in extra perks to the higher-priced rooms, along with raising those rates!

After saying goodbye to Pixie Hollow we headed to Main Street to get some breakfast. We stopped at the castle to get a photopass pic done (I don't have those yet....these are from my camera)

030-5.jpg

031-6.jpg

Next stop was the Partner's Statue....this guy was a hoot......I had him earlier in my trip....remember the guy that I left feeling like I was being told to pose, pose, work it, work it?......lol

032-5.jpg

033-5.jpg

This one made the kids go ewwwwwwww

034-4.jpg

We finally got to the Blue Ribbon Bakery & picked up a few goodies for breakfast.

035-5.jpg

036-5.jpg

We decided to sit on the benches around the flag pole & watch the activity. As we sat there, Mickey, Minnie & Dale came out.....

037-3.jpg

038-6.jpg

039-6.jpg

040-5.jpg

Cruella came out not too long after them & had a very short line, so I jumped in it! She looked at my shirt & asked me "Why on earth, would you wear a RAT on your shirt"?......pretty funny stuff......I told her because I didn't have the money to buy beautiful furs like hers.

042-6.jpg

I also pointed out that it took 27 yrs to get a wedding set & that is what caused this pic.

043-5.jpg

The Disneyland Band came out & headed out to the entry......I sent Mike ahead of me (I needed to make a stop) to go get pics.

041-5.jpg

Alice, the Mad Hatter, the Red Queen, Mary Poppins & Bert were out there with the band.

044-4.jpg

045-5.jpg

046-3.jpg

047-3.jpg

048-5.jpg

049-4.jpg

050-5.jpg

I've seen Max at Goofy's a couple of times - I wasn't even aware that he visited Surf's Up too, but, I guess wherever his dad goes, he can follow!

To me, I think Surf's Up definitely has a real bonus/draw in that you can find Daisy there...oh, and Mickey, of course (can't forget The Main Mouse!).:rotfl2: And Stitch. Those 3 are all totally exclusive to that restaurant, or so it seems.

I'm really, really surprised that Surf's Up isn't more popular than it is. When I was staying at the PPH in December, and wandering to and fro, every time I walked past Surf's Up or the PCH Grill during later hours, it looked practically empty. The one and only time I saw the PCH Grill crowded was when I was considering going in and eating there!:rotfl2:

The only thing I can guess is that it's all because of the location. Either people don't know about Surf's Up (because they don't follow the wise people on the DIS!;)), or they assume that the PPH is so, so far away when it really is not far (if you know where you are going and take the short cut). It's clearly not the cost, because people pay for Ariel's. People pay for Goofy's. It's clearly not the characters - who wouldn't want to see Mickey at a character meal? It's not the food - the food usually gets good reviews, and even if it didn't, it couldn't be any worse than some of the things I've heard about Minnie & Friends' food on an 'off' day!

Oh, and one other thing I wanted to mention that's wonderful about DLR at Christmas time - since you are now a big fan of the PPH, as am I, you will appreciate this - is the PPH Christmas tree!!:santa::santa:

I think Sherri will agree with me that the PPH tree in the lobby (they remove Surfer Goofy and replace him with the tree and Santa) is just gorgeous. It does not translate well in photos at all, with or without flash, but you can see the tree from outside the entrance, glowing with blue and green lights (rather than red and green), and all kinds of ornaments in blue and pink, etc. It is sooooo pretty.

In fact, I've said before that if I am judging the Christmas trees of the 3 DLR hotels just on colors alone, or aesthetic appeal (to me), the PPH tree would be my favorite because I just love the coloring. It's really eye-catching. If I'm judging the trees on which one fits the theme and atmosphere of its resident hotel the best, I would say the GCH tree wins that battle hands down. But just for sheer color and beauty - and pretty blue/green glowy lights! - you have to see the PPH tree! (The DLH trees are kind of underwhelming next to the PPH and GCH trees, I think.)

You're not kidding about the prices of the DLR hotels! They are scary (even with an AP discount), and they are only going to get higher in the next year, as DLR tries to push the entire resort as a full vacation destination rather than just a place for locals to come! I actually think that they may start removing some existing perks from the discounted rooms and adding in extra perks to the higher-priced rooms, along with raising those rates!

Seeing Max there surprised me....but with the surfer feel & him being a teenager....it really was a good fit. I haven't seen Daisy there since it switched over to the Surf's Up meal.

I think it's a shame that the PCH Grill & this meal is so low in attendance. I think the dinners are the best!! Love the service, love the food, love the restaurant!!! I always talk it up in my reports & on threads, hoping to drum up some business for them.....I think they deserve it! Being off the beatin' path might be the reason the sushi restaurant ended up closing. I'd hate to see the PCH Grill die off too!!

I soooooooo want to go for Christmas & stay at the PPH....problem is, we would have to either get 2 rooms or the suite since we have 6 people. I priced it out (without AP rates....which I'm hoping someone will share with me for last week of Nov/1st week of Dec) & it's twice as much as staying in a suite at the Desert Palms. So unless a miracle happens or they come in with super great rates for the holidays (which they wouldn't have to offer)...we won't be staying there for a long while.

If I get there during the holidays I'll make sure to take in all 3 hotels to see the decorations.......that is doable.

More of the entertainment out in the entry.

051-4.jpg

052-5.jpg

Now I'm really sorry I missed out on this....because I needed to have the camera.......at one point, Mary Poppins grabbed my husband, as well as some other men & had them do the can-can!!! Dang Dang Dang.......I missed it!!!!!! :headache:

When I met back up with Mike, he told me all about it & the band & characters departed. We were going to go see the Great Moments with Mr Lincoln.....then we realized that Mary Poppins & Bert were doing a meet-n-greet in front of it.....so we got in line to see them.

053-5.jpg

054-4.jpg

055-5.jpg

We got up to them & I tried my hardest to convince Mary that I needed her assistance at home. She said she'd keep a watchful eye, but thought I had it under control.

056-4.jpg

057-5.jpg

058-5.jpg

Our picture with them.....unfortunately no CM around to take our pic together with them.

059-4.jpg

060-5.jpg

We walked into the Great Moment's with Mr Lincoln & they were making a last calll for the next showing......great timing!

I only took the one photo during the show.

061-5.jpg

I took these as we exited the building:

062-5.jpg

063-4.jpg

064-5.jpg

065-5.jpg

066-4.jpg

067-5.jpg

The animitronics for Lincoln are really quite fascinating! At times you forget it's not a real person up there.

I think I would appreciate Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln more now. When I was a kid and had to sit through it, it was a snoozefest. As an adult, I think I would like it a lot more.

I love the picture of Jim Henson and the Muppets, and the photo of Walt Disney with Mickey.

The only problem that I have with the PPH during the holidays is the fact that there is no good area to sit in the lobby and enjoy the beautiful tree. You basically have to stand there and admire it, even when the carolers come in to perform!:rotfl2: Or you have to go over to the Surfside Lounge area and sit. It's not cozy.

In the GCH, however, the whole atmosphere is so welcoming and cozy, and it's set up - as I'm sure you've seen during non-holiday times - so that people can relax around the fireplace, right in the middle of the action, where the pianist is playing, etc. The carolers stand in front of the Christmas tree and everyone is gathered around them, comfortably nestled in chairs, on couches, even on the carpet! You can really soak in the holiday mood at the GCH because the layout is much better.

But from a purely color-influenced standpoint, that PPH tree is worth a trip across the street!

So, yes, definitely, if you can make it to DLR during the Christmas season and are unable to stay onsite, it will absolutely be worthwhile to visit each hotel and see what's there. Even though the Christmas trees at the DLH are kind of so-so, they do have one main tree in each of the 3 towers, as well as the fun, colorful and zany Goofy's Kitchen tree. So it's a good reason to stroll!

About the PPH being off the beaten path and Surf's Up suffering...I totally agree with you. I think that is the main reason that Yamabuki was closed! I think it's hard for people to make the connection in their minds that the PPH is part of Disneyland Resort because it's across the street. They envision that it's so far away, but it's not. So if they are not going across the street for any other reason (like if they are not guests of the PPH), then they would not accidentally stumble upon Yamabuki (or even Surf's Up) and wander in. I think a lot of the DLR restaurants get business because people just happen to be walking by and they peek in to see what's there. People think PPH is miles away!

What I wonder is why they don't put another restaurant in where Yamabuki was - something that fits the beach/surf/sun theme a little better. DLR is in need of restaurants. But then again, if they did put in a new one, would anyone know it was there (other than those of us on the DIS)??:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Our next destination was Space Mtn to use our FP's.

068-4.jpg

069-4.jpg

070-5.jpg

This is Mike & I posing for the picture!!

071-4.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the construction going on with Star Tours......I'll tell you, that area through there can be a real nightmare when it's crowded....but add in the protruding wall & it's bedlam!

072-5.jpg

073-4.jpg

074-4.jpg

Another popcorn cart.......

075-3.jpg

Have I ever mentioned my dislike for clowns?? To me, they're just creepy!!

At this point, we decided to head over to DCA.....the plan was to catch the first showing of Aladdin.

When we walked in, the Green Army Men were entertaining so we took a couple pics.

076-5.jpg

077-6.jpg

We went over to Soarin to pick up a FP, but decided since there was no line waiting on the outside, we'd just go on in. We waited about 10 mins. We ended up in the center section, row one (that's twice for me this trip!!)

When we came out, we took a picture with Light'ning McQueen & Mater.

078-6.jpg

Here's another construction wall:

079-6.jpg

We started back over towards the Hollywood Backlot & saw that the Pixar Pals mini parades/shows or whatever it was they were calling it was out.....so we got these shots.

080-7.jpg

081-5.jpg

082-5.jpg

083-4.jpg

084-4.jpg

085-4.jpg

We didn't really stick around to watch, so couldn't really tell you exactly what they do & for how long.....I know it's filler because there's absolutely no way they could run a parade right now in this park.

We started down the Hollywood Backlots & noticed that Handy Manny came out from a door, so I ran right up & got to see him before any line formed!!

087-5.jpg

086-5.jpg

We've never seen him with the kids, so they loved seeing these pics!

A couple pics from the area & then into the Aladdin line we go!

088-5.jpg

089-5.jpg

I think I would appreciate Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln more now. When I was a kid and had to sit through it, it was a snoozefest. As an adult, I think I would like it a lot more.

I love the picture of Jim Henson and the Muppets, and the photo of Walt Disney with Mickey.

The only problem that I have with the PPH during the holidays is the fact that there is no good area to sit in the lobby and enjoy the beautiful tree. You basically have to stand there and admire it, even when the carolers come in to perform!:rotfl2: Or you have to go over to the Surfside Lounge area and sit. It's not cozy.

In the GCH, however, the whole atmosphere is so welcoming and cozy, and it's set up - as I'm sure you've seen during non-holiday times - so that people can relax around the fireplace, right in the middle of the action, where the pianist is playing, etc. The carolers stand in front of the Christmas tree and everyone is gathered around them, comfortably nestled in chairs, on couches, even on the carpet! You can really soak in the holiday mood at the GCH because the layout is much better.

But from a purely color-influenced standpoint, that PPH tree is worth a trip across the street!

So, yes, definitely, if you can make it to DLR during the Christmas season and are unable to stay onsite, it will absolutely be worthwhile to visit each hotel and see what's there. Even though the Christmas trees at the DLH are kind of so-so, they do have one main tree in each of the 3 towers, as well as the fun, colorful and zany Goofy's Kitchen tree. So it's a good reason to stroll!

About the PPH being off the beaten path and Surf's Up suffering...I totally agree with you. I think that is the main reason that Yamabuki was closed! I think it's hard for people to make the connection in their minds that the PPH is part of Disneyland Resort because it's across the street. They envision that it's so far away, but it's not. So if they are not going across the street for any other reason (like if they are not guests of the PPH), then they would not accidentally stumble upon Yamabuki (or even Surf's Up) and wander in. I think a lot of the DLR restaurants get business because people just happen to be walking by and they peek in to see what's there. People think PPH is miles away!

What I wonder is why they don't put another restaurant in where Yamabuki was - something that fits the beach/surf/sun theme a little better. DLR is in need of restaurants. But then again, if they did put in a new one, would anyone know it was there (other than those of us on the DIS)??:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

The Lincoln thing would be somewhat boring for a kid.....but for us "older" kids......it's good & very patriotic.

I have to agree that the GCH has the PPH beat for comfy seats!!! :rotfl: But I sure felt the staff was way friendlier at the PPH. You couldn't sneak thru without someone talking to you.......no one even said hi to us at the Grand. How rude!

Mike says the PPH is the ugly step-child of the Disney Resorts.....it doesn't get credit, when it's really a wonderful place. If people don't know about walking thru the Grand, then they would think it's miles away. Maybe if they did a little more promoting of it, the popularity would pick up. But, with that being said.....with it not being as popular....the prices are lower here....so I guess it's a trade off.

Mike thinks they need another sushi restaurant in there to keep with the theming of the PPH. I think the PCH Grill tends to cover more of the California style. I don't eat sushi....so I wouldn't go.....but it seems sad to have an empty place like that for so long.

Laurie, it's great as usual. I love the pictures with Mary and Bert. I absolutely adored Bert this trip. I would see him just randomly strolling around Main Street and stopping as he went. Rather odd for a character, kind of like the Mad Hatter. Another favorite of mine.

My sister is a story unto itself. She is out of the hospital, better physically but still herself otherwise.:rolleyes:

We got in line to see Aladdin, the only area they had opened was the orchestra level. We ended up in the very back row.....which was fine, except for seeing the flying carpet part.

These were taken before the show started.

090-5.jpg

091-4.jpg

092-4.jpg

Ok, here's the show!!!

095-5.jpg

096-5.jpg

097-4.jpg

098-4.jpg

099-4.jpg

100-3.jpg

101-5.jpg

102-3.jpg

103-4.jpg

104-4.jpg

105-2.jpg

106-4.jpg

107-4.jpg

108-4.jpg

109-4.jpg

110-5.jpg

112-4.jpg

113-3.jpg

114-4.jpg

115-5.jpg

More Aladdin to come!

Laurie, it's great as usual. I love the pictures with Mary and Bert. I absolutely adored Bert this trip. I would see him just randomly strolling around Main Street and stopping as he went. Rather odd for a character, kind of like the Mad Hatter. Another favorite of mine.

My sister is a story unto itself. She is out of the hospital, better physically but still herself otherwise.:rolleyes:

Thanx Michele!!! This Bert was really good for the character.....he had that quirkiness that made me absolutely love Dick Van ****!!!

I'm glad she's home.....hope she's doing ok!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter