Disturbing Story out of Penn State

My mother, who used to take abused children in our home to protect them, always said "there are women who LOVE children and there are women who LOVE men and will put them in front of their children".

I never even tried to understand that mindset because it bothers me so much. My Mom had to reconcile that so she wouldn't KILL the women. It's so sad.

My cousin came to my Mom's house at 8 years old and told my Mom that her stepdad was "touching" her. My aunt had married a man twice her age and she had 2 young daughters.

My mother called my aunt and had her come to the house. She sat her down and told her the story. I remember my aunt crying so loud and painful I hurt for her. Then my Mom called the authorities and had the man removed from the house.

I remember he was arrested and my aunt divorced him and completely took all of his assets. He was very wealthy and she got everything.

She also got a child who to this day is haunted and acting out because of the abuse. :guilty:

For the victim it's a lifelong sentence. No matter what happens to these animals they destroy an innocent life forever. :mad:

That story just breaks my heart. :sad1:

I don't fault the lawyer for doing his job.

Well I do - especially when that same lawyer thought nothing of getting a 16 year old intern pregnant at the age of 49. No wonder he can defend Sandusky...birds of a feather and all that!

He can "do his job" without being a total jerk.

Did you know that he badgered one of the victims so badly on the stand under cross examination that the poor guy turned to the prosecution at one point and implored them "MAKE HIM STOP . . . "

Heartless and heartbreaking . . . :sad1: :sad1:

Well I do - especially when that same lawyer thought nothing of getting a 16 year old intern pregnant at the age of 49. No wonder he can defend Sandusky...birds of a feather and all that!

He can "do his job" without being a total jerk.

Did you know that he badgered one of the victims so badly on the stand under cross examination that the poor guy turned to the prosecution at one point and implored them "MAKE HIM STOP . . . "

Heartless and heartbreaking . . . :sad1: :sad1:

As someone who was molested as a child, I cannot even begin to imagine having to be put through what those young men are having done to them. No wonder people don't come forward. I don't for even one second believe that his lawyer thinks he's innocent. He doesn't care. I repeat he doesn't care that this man did what he did to these boys. All he cares about is trying to make it look like his client might be innocent - no matter what he has to maliciously do to these young men. It makes me sick.

I wish Sandusky could get the needle for what he did.

I've said this many times about people who molest children. The facts show that they are not likely to be rehabilitated which means there will be more victims after they are released. As another poster said, these young men have been given a life sentence already. I have no problem with the death penalty for these predators.

ETA: And regarding the family friend who said that Sandusky was such a nice man, I can guarantee that if the general public heard that my abuser had molested me, they wouldn't believe it for a second. These people are very good at presenting a great front to the community, and the fact is that people really don't want to have to believe these things happen. You know, if they don't think about it, it didn't really happen, right? I wish this man could suffer every bit as much as these young men did compounded exponentially.

Yeah, Sandusky sleezebag attorney had sex with his then 16 year old intern and got her pregnant. Real standup kinda guy. I can see why he'd want to represent the old perv.

If the story wasn't disgusting enough, Sandusky's son has now stated that he was also abused.

http://www.nj.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/sanduskys-son-matt-says-his-father-abused/c4bb391a1ac8466883f142dcc18cd06e

I new that he had sons and thought if this story is true surely his sons will come forward........

I still can't get over the red head (whatever his name is) not stopping it when he was unfortunate enough to discover it. I also think his wife is as guilty as he is, there is no way she lived in the same house and didn't know!

Emails are now surfacing that show Paterno may have had played a bigger role in the coverup...

The Penn State e-mails, according to the person with knowledge of the Freeh investigation, indicate that Spanier, Curley and Schultz seemed at one point to favor reporting the assault to the state child welfare authorities, recognizing that if they did not, they could later be vulnerable to charges that they had failed to act.

But in one e-mail, Curley wrote that after talking to Paterno, he no longer wanted to go forward with that plan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/01/s...sky-e-mails-indicate.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Emails are now surfacing that show Paterno may have had played a bigger role in the coverup...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/01/s...sky-e-mails-indicate.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Taken from the link:

The e-mails suggest that the officials decided that Sandusky could be dealt with by barring him from taking children onto the campus and encouraging him to seek professional help.

Not reporting the accusation to the authorities, the men determined, was the more “humane” way to deal with Sandusky, according to the e-mails.

Barring him from taking victims onto the campus and "encouraging" him to seek help, while protecting him from prosecution (and the university from scandal) are certainly "humane" actions, aren't they?

How have these people slept at all over the years? How have they looked at their families, their children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, or any other child???

No, Sandusky wasn't in this alone. He sure had a lot of help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter