Dissapointed With DCL Online Reservations

isavem98

Grumpy
This fiasco started when I tried to make my reservation online in Sept. I went through the entire process online to make my reservation and when I went to confirm it said that something was not working right and my reservation was not made. I called DCL and the agent could not explain why this had happened. She said that she could make the res. for me. I asked her if I would still get a room credit for booking online. She said no. So we went through the whole process and when it came time for her to give me my confermation # she said 'wait a minute you already have one' my online res did go through.

Then the fun began. I tried to make a $2000 payment for my trip online and my CC was declined. Okay. Tried it again(thought I put in a number wrong) and it was declined again. I should say that there is no reason that my card should have been declined. I called my CC co. and they said that 2 authorizations had been given to DCL for $2000 each. I called DCL and they had no record of me trying to make payment. After several more calls back and forth it became apparant that something on DCL's end was not working. I got back on the phone and spoke to a DCL supervisor. She said that the reason that my CC was declined was for an incorrect security #. I thought that they had no record of my attempts? Anywho, by this time I was pissed. She said that she could try and run it without the code, and of course it went through. I wanted to voice my displeasure with the whole situation and she said I could email guest communication, which I did. Got the auto response and a week later I still haven't heard from them.

In the mean time it took 6 days to get the $4000 off my card. And I still can't believe that I have not heard from guest communications.

I thought that Disney was better than that. You spend $5000 to go on vacation and you get a run around that you would not expect from Disney. I hope that I can have a good time on the cruise and forget all the crap that it took to make the reservation. Maybe next time I should try NCL or Royal Carribian.

Thank you all for listening, I needed to vent.

Adam

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with DCL's website. I can only imagine how frustrating that could have been!! But the other cruise lines are perfect either. I had a problem recently with one (which will remain nameless) with trying to make online payments .. it took WEEKS to fix. :rolleyes:

I hope Guest Communications responds to you soon....

Sounds extremely stressful for sure. Yet you could have run into the same issue with NCL or any other cruise line. 100 people could book and out of that 4 - 5 may encounter issues. I hope it resolves and you enjoy your vacation.

I had the same thing happen to me. It took 10 days to get the transactions cleared up. The problem was with my security code as well. DCL admitted that it was a glitch in their system. It was very frusterating.

Your gripe is valid, that's for sure. But there's a bigger culprit than Disney--the technology world we live in. Heard of road rage? You have technology rage, and I've suffered fromit many times myself. Nobody's sistems are perfect--nobody's. The charges got off your card in a matter of days--it happens, its frustrating, it got fixed though.

How about getting a call at 2 am that my father died, I needed a flight in about 4 hours from Louisiana to Connecticut, and used whatever form the Travel Concierge service was at the time on my AMEX gold card (at that time there was no platinum, this was the premier card), and then at the airport they have no record of me, and at my eventual destination they have no rental car for me. "well sir, under these circumstances, the walk up fare is $980" "cripes, for that, hey, what's the 1st class fare?" "oh, that's only $910" "okay, now I know you're messed up when you want to charge me more for coach than 1st class," I told him. At the car counter, when there was no ressie and no car, I recall security apporaching me (and these were the '80's before airports were high security war zones) when I told the agent "look, I gotta bury one person tomorrow, no problem for me to make it two and bury you with him if you can't find me a car" until the frightened agent at the National counter next to where I was, who'd heard the whole thing, called out that she had a car available...(and to think it was almost another entire decade after that before I got put on meds...sheesh, ya think?)

So don't let your legitimate frustration continue. Trust that this stuff happens but you seem to have gotten it all cleared up, and now the part that is left is a wonderful de-stressing DCL cruise. When you get on board, at some point while you sit in a comfortable chair in a lounge, and Disney muzak is playing, just try getting stressed out to the tune of "bippity boppity boo"--you can't. watch the little girls' faces when they meet one of the princesses. go see the fabulous production shows.

and find a TA who is local, specializes in cruise, schmooze with him or her to build a relationship, and do all cruise business through that person. There will not be a flawed computer system for you to deal with, but an intelligent person who can recognize if there is a glitch in the system and then it is your TA's job to fix it, not your problem. And the reason local is part of my recommendation is that when all else fails, you can go over to their office and throw furniture at the TA (face to face accountability is a powerful motivator).

Have a great cruise.

Adam,
I had the same experience with the DCL site. The cc kept declining (for no reason I could ascertain) and I never knew I had multiple reservations until I received the confirmation by snail mail. They did cancel the reservation right away, but again, like you, I had to wait a couple of weeks for processing (they even warned me that it could be up to 2 billing cycles, yikes!).

I admit I have called back a couple of times to make sure that my real reservation was left untouched. So far, so good.

This sounds like the poor customer service that I deal with all the time with SBC and all other companys I deal with on a regular basis. If something strang and unusual is going to happen my name is first on the list. It's very upsetting because you have done nothing wrong yet you have to go through hell correcting others misstakes. My motto is RELAX, RELATE, RELEASE breath now, some day they will have to get this straight.

I was past the anger of the technological problems a long time ago. My dissapointment now is because Disney has failed to contact me about the problem.

I understand that as you are able to do more and more things via the internet that there will be problems at the begining of the process of change. What has frustrated me was the way that Disney has handled the whole situation. When you voice a complaint you expect it to be taken care of.

I am looking forward to the cruise, I am sure that we will have a great time, ala Disney. I just doubt that I will take another Disney Cruise.

You can use the sponsor for this forum to book your vacations. You can communicate by email and phone . I am a home-based agent and I deal with people all over the country. I have more clients from other states than from my city. I'm just saying that you have some options. You pay the same with the agent but we are the ones to deal with the problems , not you. It is your vacation and it should be a pleasureable experience from start to finish.

ashtravel said:
I suggest you use a travel agent next time.
I second that - either use a TA that specializes in Disney, or one that specializes in cruises.

There are many internet based TA's/agencies with excellent reputations - ask around, or just search these boards - there are many discussions on this topic.

Besides, most TA's can get you a discount over the pricing at DCL online....

-J

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter