Disruptive child in line

Don't worry.

What ever you do about it, someone will be annoyed (but, I bet you are used to that by now)

If one person from your group waits and you cut in with your little boy, I bet most people would have no problem. You could explain to the person directly behind you.

You could try character meals. Depending on how food works out with your small person (my DS is autistic, and we got the DAS, and met MOST characters at meals)

I don't know if social stories help for queuing, but, I would go with the having one person wait and then join at the front...You don't want all your character pics to be with a tearful face...

Character meals were our salvation with our SN kiddo. One or two can drastically cut down the need for lines.

Don't put your little guy through that on someone else's account. Have an adult stand in line and then join them at the front.

I personally cannot imagine anyone not being understanding about it, not only with a DS child, but with any child that young. I doubt if anyone will think a thing of it. And if they do, they are ones with a problem, not you.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Although I did not read all the posts, I can share a funny story... My DS12 used to cry in line when he was 2 years old and I would get some nasty looks and even a few comments regarding why I was "dragging my son on a ride he did not want to go on". The comments ceased when I abruptly explained that he was crying because he did NOT want to wait in line but would rather ride NOW! So, people will think and judge anyway they want! Do not let that deter you from having a fun time at Disney. Besides you will likely never see those people again! And all of us learned to survive those lines!

Disney is the happiest place on earth where you will see some of the most frustrated parents, exhausted children and meltdowns across the board! The 2 pm to 3 pm we skipped are nap today crowd is real, been there done that! I wouldn't worry about anyone except what works best for your son. The majority of people completely understand kids have breakdowns, especially when they are in such a physically exhausted and have sensory overload at WDW!! Like others said if I saw an adult waiting in line and his kids and wife came and joined him towards the front I wouldnt mind at all! Same with using the pass, I wouldn't mind at all. Do what works best to prevent the tears, not because of what others will hear but because it really stinks having an upset child when you know they are about to love something. My daughter was 3.5 we stood in line for 45 minutes to see Tinkerbell, her then favorite. It was 20 minutes after normal Naptime and we were going back to the hotel after. It was a miserable experience. The one I thought she would enjoy the most and she couldn't wait for it to be over. I had to leave her with dad and walk away to calm down because I was so disappointed!! My plan since has always been do as much as you can while staying as happy as you can, when you're tired, need a break or really cant handle one more line take a break. You know your child and what will work best for him so don't hesitate to do it! I hope you all have a wonderful time!!

I have a 3 and a 1/2 year old who doesn't have a intellectual disability. But, he still isn't used to waiting in lines. I think its something with that age that makes them impatient little monsters at times:sad2: with that being said you do what's best for your child and your family. Even if it makes the whole line mad. And if it does make people mad just remember the root of their problem isn't with you. If they want to be so petty of a child joining the line after the parent has waited fair and square they have a problem within themselves. Have a wonderful trip mama.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter