Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anybody know the status of the fence being built around the Beach Club quiet pool? We always used to go out that door and walk through the pool area on the way to EPCOT and back (if our room was near that elevator). Will there be a walkway that goes around the pool?

They were working on the walkway when we were there 2 weeks ago.

Ok I asked a bell service cast member ( I know it isn't like asking a bus driver ) and he thought it would be another week before the bus stop is back to regular spot. There was some construction going on and the area was blocked off today .

Did Keys to the Kingdom tour this morning ( DH played golf ) . My second time and I still enjoyed it. I felt there were enough different things to still learn about Disney .

Heading to AK tonight for out first night time experience there .

Thank you for posting updates and for asking about the temporary stop. I'm sure the storm and whatnot did not help their original timeline. Have fun at Animal Kingdom. I'll be there (AK) on the 24th. Can't wait to see some of the added night stuff.

Hi, All! I'm very new to this! Sorry if these questions were answered before! Are all of the BC villas renovated? Also, what is the Be Our Guest List? I'm on it, but I'm not sure what it is! LOL!!! Thanks, Everyone!!!

I have a somewhat silly question about Hurricane Hanna's and Stormalong Bay. How does the waiter/waitress service work? Do people only use it for mixed drinks? Part of me feels silly having someone fetch my nuggets and fries for me :o But sometimes that line at Hurricane Hanna's is sooooo slow.

Is it silly to just order something small like chicken nuggets and a coke? I assume you tip 15% or so when they bring the food? Does it have to be cash or can you put it on the magic band? (though I think I'd rather have some cash with me and tip that way because I like to make sure the person gets the tip right away).

I know I'm probably overthinking something very simple (which I have a tendency to do) :-)

Hi, All! I'm very new to this! Sorry if these questions were answered before! Are all of the BC villas renovated? Also, what is the Be Our Guest List? I'm on it, but I'm not sure what it is! LOL!!! Thanks, Everyone!!!

Yes, the villas are done. There may be odds and ends that need to be updated on a few rooms as things come up, but I believe it is considered completed.

The Be Our Guest list is just a place to track when guests are staying at either BC, YC or BCV. You can see the screen names of other DISers who will be there at the same time. No special privileges, but it is nice to see your "name" in print with the date of your trip!

Page 1, Post 15.

:goodvibes

Yes, the villas are done. There may be odds and ends that need to be updated on a few rooms as things come up, but I believe it is considered completed.

The Be Our Guest list is just a place to track when guests are staying at either BC, YC or BCV. You can see the screen names of other DISers who will be there at the same time. No special privileges, but it is nice to see your "name" in print with the date of your trip!

Page 1, Post 15.

:goodvibes
Thank you so much, and it sure is nice see my "name" in print with our dates!

According to Disney's website, the decor in a Deluxe Studio BC Villa photo is the old decor and it doesn't mention the additional fold down bed in the tv stand. Am I mistaken in thinking the deluxe studios have the new fold down beds? Thanks!

I have a somewhat silly question about Hurricane Hanna's and Stormalong Bay. How does the waiter/waitress service work? Do people only use it for mixed drinks? Part of me feels silly having someone fetch my nuggets and fries for me :o But sometimes that line at Hurricane Hanna's is sooooo slow.

Is it silly to just order something small like chicken nuggets and a coke? I assume you tip 15% or so when they bring the food? Does it have to be cash or can you put it on the magic band? (though I think I'd rather have some cash with me and tip that way because I like to make sure the person gets the tip right away).

I know I'm probably overthinking something very simple (which I have a tendency to do) :-)

Not a silly question at all. We've ordered everything from a sandwich and drinks to just drinks and more drinks :drinking1. I tip no matter what I order and you can pay with your magic band (that is how I prefer as I don't like bringing any money down to the pool). As far as speed, I will warn you that it's not always the quickest way to go, unfortunately. We've had many occasions where it would have been quicker to go up and get the stuff ourselves but when it's hotter than hell out and your feet are literally melting on the cement, I'll wait in the pool and place my order through the wait staff walking around as soon as I can get one. HTH.

The new BCV Studios have the fold down small bed. It is smaller than a standard twin.
According to Disney's website, the decor in a Deluxe Studio BC Villa photo is the old decor and it doesn't mention the additional fold down bed in the tv stand. Am I mistaken in thinking the deluxe studios have the new fold down beds? Thanks!

On the DVC website it lists the Deluxe Studio as follow:
Deluxe Studio
Views of Stormalong Bay, Disney's BoardWalk or Courtyard
1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, 1 pull-down bunk-size bed
Sleeps Up to 4

The math would lead you to believe that it would accommodate 5 but it still says "Sleeps Up to 4"

Interestingly enough when you go to make a actual reservation it gives you this description:

Disney's Beach Club Villas Deluxe Studio
Make yourself at home on the shore of a sparkling lake at this elegant New England-inspired Resort.

• Sleeps 4
  • 1 queen-size bed & 1 full-size sleeper sofa
  • Kitchenette
  • Full bath
No reference to the pull down bunk.

On the DVC website it lists the Deluxe Studio as follow:
Deluxe Studio
Views of Stormalong Bay, Disney's BoardWalk or Courtyard
1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, 1 pull-down bunk-size bed
Sleeps Up to 4

The math would lead you to believe that it would accommodate 5 but it still says "Sleeps Up to 4"

Interestingly enough when you go to make a actual reservation it gives you this description:

Disney's Beach Club Villas Deluxe Studio
Make yourself at home on the shore of a sparkling lake at this elegant New England-inspired Resort.

• Sleeps 4
  • 1 queen-size bed & 1 full-size sleeper sofa
  • Kitchenette
  • Full bath
No reference to the pull down bunk.

That's not good news for me. I've been waiting to see the occupancy change to 5 (this is what they did at BWV when they added the pull down) but it continues to say 4. I was assuming that BCV just hadn't changed it because they were waiting for final punch list items to be completed. But now I'm worried they don't intend to change occupancy even though they added the pull down - although I'm not sure why. We are renting points so not really sure of a number I could call to ask about this. I emailed the place through which we are renting and they said their info still showed 4. I tried just calling the regular Disney reservations number, but those individuals said they had no way of knowing if/when it would change. Does anybody know if there's a number I could call that might be able to answer that question? We rented points and then belatedly my son decided to join us. I guess if worse comes to worse, I have to try and rent another room somewhere for him. :(

That's not good news for me. I've been waiting to see the occupancy change to 5 (this is what they did at BWV when they added the pull down) but it continues to say 4. I was assuming that BCV just hadn't changed it because they were waiting for final punch list items to be completed. But now I'm worried they don't intend to change occupancy even though they added the pull down - although I'm not sure why. We are renting points so not really sure of a number I could call to ask about this. I emailed the place through which we are renting and they said their info still showed 4. I tried just calling the regular Disney reservations number, but those individuals said they had no way of knowing if/when it would change. Does anybody know if there's a number I could call that might be able to answer that question? We rented points and then belatedly my son decided to join us. I guess if worse comes to worse, I have to try and rent another room somewhere for him. :(

I have to believe it really is 5. I'm going to e-mail guest services to see if I can get a straight answer and will report back once I get a response.

Last edited:
Thank you so much!!

Just had an online chat and here's what I got [Pam was the DVC rep]:

Do you know if the beach club villa studio's accommodate 5 now with the addition of the pull down bunk bed?
Pam: at 17:39:12
I will be happy to share that information with you today!
Pam: at 17:39:47
Yes, they can accommodate 5, however with the pull down bunk their is a weight limit.

I didn't ask her what the weight limit was.......

Do you know if the beach club villa studio's accommodate 5 now with the addition of the pull down bunk bed?
Yes, they can accommodate 5, however with the pull down bunk their is a weight limit.

That's great! I suspect I can meet the weight limit with one of my younger kiddos. I really appreciate your help!

Well, that info is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Does anybody know the status of the fence being built around the Beach Club quiet pool? We always used to go out that door and walk through the pool area on the way to EPCOT and back (if our room was near that elevator). Will there be a walkway that goes around the pool?
We didn't see any signs that a fence was going to be constructed at the BC quiet pool when we were there last week.

They had put in a new walkway so that people no longer have to walk through the grass in order to go to the boat dock. And that walkway construction was completely finished. There isn't any indication that they plan to put up a fence. The pool looks like it always did. :) You won't have any problem going to Epcot that way. :)

Last edited:
We didn't see any signs that a fence was going to be constructed at the BC quiet pool when we were there last week.

They had put in a new walkway so that people no longer have to walk through the grass in order to go to the boat dock. And that walkway construction was completely finished. There isn't any indication that they plan to put up a fence. The pool looks like it always did. :) You won't have any problem going to Epcot that way. :)
During a visit to the BC a few weeks ago, two CMs at the BC, on different days, told me that there will be a fence going up around the Quiet Pool, for security reasons. That pool has always been wide open; though there are posted pool hours (closed at 10:00 p.m., while I was there in September), I have personally seen and heard people splashing around during the wee hours of the night/morning - maybe after a little too much of liquid cheer.:drinking: Though there are never lifeguards at the Quiet Pool, it's unlikely there would be anybody around, if someone should need emergency assistance at that hour. Perhaps because of the reptile/beach scenario, I think that Disney is trying to minimize all known risks/liability at the resorts.

Am I the only one who is creeped out by Floridian grass?? I just can't bring myself to walk through it :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter