Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Checked in today. We did not ride a bus but when we pulled in the signs for the temporary bus stop were still up .

We are in 4578. Woods view. 2 queen beds - no day bed - full balcony - no connecting room. Next door is the service area. The door isn't too close to our room so hoping not too much noise from there in the morning when mousekeeping starts their day . Around the corner is an elevator that takes you to close to the secret door - funny our bell man told me about it . ( didn't want to ruin his moment and tell him I already knew about it )

He also warned us the parks were crowded . There were a lot of people but we didn't find the waits to long for rides or for most of the booths as we walked by . We went to EPCOT - walked in to O Canada with no wait, watched the Pixar shorts , rode figment ( my husband still hasn't forgiven me but we had to waste time before a fast pass ) , mission space , and test track plus hit the craft beer , Hawaii and Germany booths and Karmel Heaven and checked out the festival center before heading back for dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. Pretty good for arriving at 2:45 .

I forgot the cord to connect my camera so will have to post pics when I get home .

I think it started out with just those options. Then for some period of time there were additional choices, but recently we have only been seeing these options. Someone had suggested that there was a difference in the options you get if you booked a package vs. booking room only, but I haven't seen confirmation of that. Do you have a room only reservation?

:goodvibes

We have a package and we only had those options to choose from.

This is what online check-in page looks like, with the exception of room requests:

We Just Need a Little More Information

Want to skip the Front Desk? Submit the requested information, order your MagicBand and bring it with you, and complete hotel check-in when you go directly to your room. If you won't have a MagicBand when you arrive, completing this information will speed up your time at the Front Desk. MagicBand orders shipped to U.S. addresses only.

Room Notifications
Would you like to receive notifications about your room and Walt Disney World vacation? By entering your email address and/or mobile number below, you consent to receive notifications about your room and vacation.View Our Privacy Policy

· In the event that your room is not ready upon arrival at your Resort Front Desk, you may receive up to 5 emails and/or text messages to notify you when your room is available;

· If you already have a MagicBand or card, you may receive up to 5 emails and/or text messages about your room number. This gives you the option to go directly to your Resort hotel room instead of the Front Desk; and

· If we identify any issues with your Resort vacation, you may receive text messages to notify you of and/or resolve these issues. The number of messages you receive may vary based on the issue(s) identified.

Notifications vary depending on how we communicate with you:

· Email – Room ready or room number only.

· Mobile Device – Room ready, room number and service-related information.

Available for U.S. phone accounts only; messaging and date rates may apply.

Hotel Account Charges
Set up a payment method for the balance due on arrival (if any) and for incidental expenses and charges, to your Disney Resort hotel account during your stay. This card may be charged through the end of day of check-out.

Add

Your Resort Arrival
Resort check-in begins at 3:00 PM.

MagicBand Order
Opting out of your new MagicBand may allow you to go directly to your room upon arrival. Just remember to bring an active MagicBand with you

Oh no!! Our 2018 trip is starting to look decidedly uncertain, the £1 is now at $1.23. It was bad enough when we came in August having dropped to $1.30 from $1.46 before Brexit and from $1.60 for our 2014 trip. There is even talk of parity with the euro in the coming months!!!! I am so pleased that next summers vacation to Greece is All-Inclusive.

Oh no!! Our 2018 trip is starting to look decidedly uncertain, the £1 is now at $1.23. It was bad enough when we came in August having dropped to $1.30 from $1.46 before Brexit and from $1.60 for our 2014 trip. There is even talk of parity with the euro in the coming months!!!! I am so pleased that next summers vacation to Greece is All-Inclusive.

Exchange rates can play havoc with the cost of a Disney vacation. Our January 2016 trip cost us $1000 more for a non-CL room, compared to our previous trip in a CL room, due to the Canadian dollar. But Disney is so hard to resist and so we just suck it up and pay the higher price anyway. :)

We are heading to the BC in 11 days and we are so excited. We are staying in a garden view room. Does the BC offer a king size bed or is it just 2 queen beds? TIA!

:welcome: here!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Most of the rooms at the resort have 2 queen beds, but a limited number (very few) have a king bed. This is not a bookable category, but you (or your travel agent) can call Disney's Central Reservation Office to add a request to your room reservation. "King bed, if possible".

Room assigners will do their best to meet a guests requests, but requests are not guaranteed.

It's already 99Euro cents to the pound at the airports

Ht EPCOT again this morning. Definitely more crowded than yesterday but I expected that with the holiday. It is cooler than normal for this time of year. Cloudy and breezy but no rain yet . France for breakfast - test track single rider - fast pass soarin ( amazing by the way ) - fp spaceship earth - fp nemo ( ok there are not a lot of choices and it is our 2nd day ) -then hit Belgium and Poland before lunching at Via Napoli ( love it ) - drums in Japan -then one last stop at France before mid afternoon break. All in all a good day at food and wine. More stickers for the book but not going to complete it

Going to MNSSHP tonight so will check out the bus stop situation and report back.

Can hear British Revolution from our room but on the whole a quiet location.

I forgot to say yesterday - we requested high floor / large balcony and got both requests. Only two of us but wanted a large balcony more than I wanted a king bed .

I'm so sad. We had a wonderful trip in Sept, staying at BC. We usually use the bounce back to rebook for the following year, but it was only a dining package offer, so we didn't. Then a miracle happened, I received a pin. Yay! But the dates are only for the beginning of 2017 and we wouldn't be able to go until the fall of 2017. BOO! :sad2::sad1: So, now I'm so sad & all I can think of is that unused pin & the possibility of not being able to go in 2017. My DH said maybe we'll get another one, or maybe Disney will release some room discounts later in the year. Though I doubt we'll get another pin with different dates, Disney might have discounts later. But I hate the uncertainty of it all. I know it's not really a real problem. But I also know everyone here gets it.

Tonight bus stop was still the temporary one . I didn't ask when it would switch back . No cast member was there . Will try to remember to ask tomorrow.

Popping in to ask Dee to remove me from the BOG list (again). Changed back and forth about 10 times from BC to YC and CL to nonCL. Well this last change from BC CL to GF saved me over $700 so that's nothing to sneeze at. My DS who's singing in the CP is getting a sweet gift card from his trip ;) still here lurking and checking in on my SAB peeps. I'm going to be hard pressed to pick our family trip next summer with so many good choices

Dee break out the eraser girl :)

Most of the rooms at the resort have 2 queen beds, but a limited number (very few) have a king bed. This is not a bookable category, but you (or your travel agent) can call Disney's Central Reservation Office to add a request to your room reservation. "King bed, if possible".

Room assigners will do their best to meet a guests requests, but requests are not guaranteed.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the info and thank you for adding me to the Be Our Guest list!

Ok I asked a bell service cast member ( I know it isn't like asking a bus driver ) and he thought it would be another week before the bus stop is back to regular spot. There was some construction going on and the area was blocked off today .

Did Keys to the Kingdom tour this morning ( DH played golf ) . My second time and I still enjoyed it. I felt there were enough different things to still learn about Disney .

Heading to AK tonight for out first night time experience there .

Does anybody know the status of the fence being built around the Beach Club quiet pool? We always used to go out that door and walk through the pool area on the way to EPCOT and back (if our room was near that elevator). Will there be a walkway that goes around the pool?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter