Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Looks like a bunch of online checkin options have changed. Had to redo our AKL Kidani and our BCV check in options.

I can't remember if I heard about this on here or on a Dis Podcast.

Here!

Great pictures of the false elevator, especially the middle picture that shows both the door and the space behind.

For those who don't know, there are 4 elevator doors in the Beach Club lobby, near the Marketplace, but only 3 are working elevators. The fourth (elevator 1) is a false front. If you go on the other side of the wall, you will see the shelves pictured above. Used to be pay phones there, but it looks like they are gone now.

One of my favorite pieces of BC trivia!

Now I can't remember, but is it the same over on the Yacht Club side?

Thanks for sharing this!

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Here!

Great pictures of the false elevator, especially the middle pictures that shows both the door and the space behind.

For those who don't know, there are 4 elevator doors in the Beach Club lobby, near the Marketplace, but only 3 are working elevators. The fourth (elevator 1) is a false front. If you go on the other side of the wall, you will see the shelves pictured above. Used to be pay phones there, but it looks like they are gone now.

Thanks for sharing this!

:goodvibes
Cool. Didn't know that.

Here!

Great pictures of the false elevator, especially the middle pictures that shows both the door and the space behind.

Thanks for sharing this!

Oh wow! I'm here now and I didn't notice that. I'll have to look late today! Thanks! :)

We got here yesterday. I'm traveling with my sister and we had requested connecting rooms which we got! We have standard view rooms and we are in 3rd floor rooms facing stormalong bay.

We switched over from the Poly yesterday. The weather really held out so we decided to hang out at the pool. After the pool we went over to Hollywood Studios to ride our Toy Story FP's around 7pm. We were also starving so we looked to see what reservations we could get and there was a last minute 50's PT reservation! That fried chicken is my favorite in the world!!! During dinner everyone in the restaurant's phones went off with an emergency alert for a tornado watch. :( It said to get indoors immediately and take cover. Luckily we were indoors and nobody seemed phased but hey, we're at Disney right? Isn't there something called a Disney bubble? :teeth: After dinner it was still dry so we walked back to the resort. I think it rained all night so hopefully this hurricane is gone soon enough.

Last edited:

We arrive at the Beach Club tomorrow morning for our first stay!!! Just printed our boarding passes! This thread and everyone in it has been SO helpful through all of the planning! Thank you all for the information. I love how active this thread always is.

Oh wow! I'm here now and I didn't notice that. I'll have to look late today! Thanks! :)

We got here yesterday. I'm traveling with my sister and we had requested connecting rooms which we got! We have standard view rooms and we are in 3rd floor rooms facing stormalong bay.

We switched over from the Poly yesterday. The weather really held out so we decided to hang out at the pool. After the pool we went over to Hollywood Studios to ride our Toy Story FP's around 7pm. We were also starving so we looked to see what reservations we could get and there was a last minute 50's PT reservation! That fried chicken is my favorite in the world!!! During dinner everyone in the restaurant's phones went off with an emergency alert for a tornado watch. :( It said to get indoors immediately and take cover. Luckily we were indoors and nobody seemed phased but hey, we're at Disney right? Isn't there something called a Disney bubble? :teeth: After dinner it was still dry so we walked back to the resort. I think it rained all night so hopefully this hurricane is gone soon enough.

If you are in rooms facing SAB you were upgraded. Those are water view rooms. Standard rooms overlook a roof or a parking lot.
Enjoy

We checked into the BC yesterday :love:
We booked a standard view and were given a standard view room facing the front entrance. Room 3654. We love this room! It is one of the "different" layout rooms so I wanted to share some photos. It is not allowing me to attach the "view" photo as it is saying the file is too large. It has a Juliet balcony and a view of roof/main entrance.

So far we have had a great first day! We had some Sunkin Treasures at Hurricane Hannah's, a delicious dinner at Cape May, a nice night at DS, and watched the SW fireworks from the beach. Ready for day 2 :yay:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 118
We checked into the BC yesterday :love:
We booked a standard view and were given a standard view room facing the front entrance. Room 3654. We love this room! It is one of the "different" layout rooms so I wanted to share some photos. It is not allowing me to attach the "view" photo as it is saying the file is too large. It has a Juliet balcony and a view of roof/main entrance.

So far we have had a great first day! We had some Sunkin Treasures at Hurricane Hannah's, a delicious dinner at Cape May, a nice night at DS, and watched the SW fireworks from the beach. Ready for day 2 :yay:
Oh wow very nice! We arrive tomorrow morning! See ya there! :thumbsup2

Beautiful room & pictures Andrea817!! Thanks for posting! One question- where is the TV? And dresser?

Have a great vacation!

I would think an 11:15 ADR would be very easy to make - I think even when it's been a slow process we have been at the hotel 2 hours from landing.
I guess I am always concerned of flight delays (which are less likely on the early flights but still happen). With the $10 penalty for cancellation less than 24 hrs out if you are delayed, I personally wouldn't book it. You could always try for a counter seat if you arrive on time.

Hi all. We are sitting at MCO waiting to board our flight back to the UK so I thought I'd post a quick review. In short we had an amazing time and loved the BC. The location was brilliant (we were in 2520 so very close to the secret door and quiet pool), loved the decor and found everything spotless. Staff were helpful, only incident was when the housekeeper managed to gather up my youngest's 3 plushes with the bedding - we were compensated and we managed to buy a new dolphin (Seaworld) and Pygmy Puff for him, just need to order the final one when we get home as it was brought with us. He was very upset at the time but the housekeeper sent him some cookies and milk for bedtime which seemed to go down well (he wouldn't share!!). We would definitely return to the Beach Club though the boys also like the look of AKL. Will post more when home and got my head straight!

I am 29 days away from BC! On this trip, I am bringing my DD 17, DD12, and my friend. It is a total girls' trip since my husband had to work.

We have stayed at the Poly twice this year, so coming back to BC/YC feels like coming home. We enjoyed the Poly, but we LOVE our Epcot resorts.

I know it sounds crazy, but I can't wait to show my friend all of the really neat things about YC/BC. This is her first trip in 15 years so there will be lots of things that have changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter