Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I noticed this when I checked my reservation online last night. However I still had the option to select "large balcony".
Yes, you are absolutely correct. Since I didn't need to change that selection (who doesn't want a large balcony?), I neglected to include it in the current list.

Thanks for noting this.

Last edited:
page 651-653

CONGRATS to you on your 30th! And to Mars315 as well! HOPE you both enjoy your trips!:lovestruc We just celebrated our "33rd"!:love2:

Awww! Thanks so much and congratulations to you as well!

Anniversary 1.jpg

Just been checking through my charges and 1900 Park Fare charged me 20% besides the tip I charged to the room. Concierge were very good and credited me back. But just goes to show, keep a close eye on your bills.

That is smart that you reviewed your charges. Thanks for giving us the heads up to do the same!

::yes::

I wanted to take a min to share my experience with our recent stay at Beach Club. We were there from 8/14- 8/19. It was our first stay here and first deluxe. I am so glad I chose this one!! We had a blast and everyone loved it. I know we can't go into detail if we use a travel agency but I got such a great rate. I basically had a choice of a few deluxes for certain time periods to get this particular rate and I am so happy with my choice. It was a standard view and I called prior to see if I could get a room with daybed. Of course they tell you it's not guaranteed and I was going to ask to change if I didn't get it. Well there was no need to worry. The only request we didn't get was the large balcony but instead we got a large room lol. Our room was 3692 and it wasn't just the twin fold down daybed it was a full pull out type daybed. We had a little lounge area right in front of our door and I didn't think it was that far from the elevators. I could tell the hallways kept going way past our bend so I think we pretty much scored. Yes it was a standard view looking directly over the front entrance of the resort but I didn't care. The size of the room made up for it. It was like we were at a corner, we had Windows on both sides and the room was very bright and clean. When we walked in my husband was amazed. Also the service was outstanding, every CM we interacted with was so nice. We loved Stormalong Bay and walking to the Boardwalk. We loved walking to Epcot in the evenings. I think we want to wait til 2018 or 19 before we go back to Disney and I know I want to stay here again. I am hooked lol.

Thanks so much for letting us know about your trip and how much you enjoyed the resort!

That sounds like a fantastic room.

May I put your review (and picture) on the Beach Club Room View & Description thread?

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

Well we have been having an awful summer. Well me mostly. The rest of my family is doing ok. I spent July waiting for, prepping and panicking about a colonoscopy, August my littles left me for a week at camp for the first time, then we had family drama, last week we had our first experience with lice (my littlest and she shared with me) and now they start school next week. I've been on anxiety overload and not sleeping.

That being said, hubby feels so bad and wants me to have a small break. I suggesting maybe one quick night and two full days with my bestie at my favourite place. Hoping to do the Halloween party if we can pull it off that fast. I wish we could afford the flights for all of us, or even just my girls, but we just can't. That being said. It would be a very low budget vaca, and I'm ok staying value (even hoping I could switch our May trip to a bounce back on this quick trip), but I see so many people talking about this magical agency witn incredible deals. Can someone tell me who or what that is (or PM me if this is a no no?). Nothing would make me happier than one night at a deluxe, a party, a good dinner and head home. Thanks for any insight!! I didn't want to start a new thread, I like y'all so much in here

:grouphug:

Sorry to hear about your rough summer. I hope that a quickie fall trip will start the path to better times for you.

:goodvibes

We went ou to the tennis court tonight. There is a timer switch. Dee feel free to use any of my photos.

:thanks:

You have been such a help during your trip!

:worship:

Just changed my reservation. Was supposed to stay at boardwalk, but was able to get a military discount on the 2 bedroom villa at beach, soooo happy! We check in a week from today woot woot

Here's your official

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Sept 13?

:cool1:

I didn't even know there were tennis courts...lol

I also didn't know that there was a good sized store at the YC until this past visit.

I had never seen Fittings & Fairings until my Aug 2015 trip. Finally made it in there and like you said, HUGE!

::yes::

Last edited:
page 654

Have been at the YC since Friday, so far it has been a wonderful stay. :goodvibes Only three days left, we will have to make the most of our remaining time!

Although our travel agent added on our room request and I called twice to make sure they had it, we are pretty far from the lobby elevators. We did seem to get a nice view upgrade though, so we are in no way complaining and have been making good use of the back exit.

YC CMs have been great all around and we are extremely happy with everything so far. Bus and ferry service has been excellent, the short extra walk to the convention center isn't much extra hassle although I do miss having the wait time estimates.

We really haven't missed being near the Marketplace like I expected. The gift shop here at the YC is actually pretty good and we eat lunch out at SAB from Hurricane Hannah's anyway. I've enjoyed a couple Sunken Treasures so far, thanks for the recommendation!

Off to sleep, more busy days to come. pixiedust:

Thank you so much for the live report! Glad you are having a great time and hope you continue to have fun for the rest of your trip.

After so many changes with our dates and resorts, I'm happy to say that we'll be returning to the YC in a CL standard view room in October. Dee...please add us back on the BOG List from 10/17-10/19!!

:woohoo:

As you know, I am wicked excited to hear this!!!

See ya in the lounge.

:banana::banana::banana:

We are arriving for our stay on 9/14/16 early in the day. I am doubtful our room will be ready, so we are going to head to DS for lunch and some walking around. Question: Is there somewhere in the lobby for us to get changed if we want to use SAB before our room is ready? We are planning to pack our bathing suits in our carry-on and leaving that with Bell Services while we explore when we arrive.

TIA!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. Which resort? BC/YC/BCV?

The bathrooms in the inside hallway near Beaches & Cream are large, clean and quiet. That is where I change when I am poolside. See link below.

In addition to Bell Services, there are also lockers to use for your valuables if you want to hang onto them while at SAB.

Poolside Lockers and Outside Showers

Breaking News, August 2016- According to a recreation CM, showers will be added to the large poolside bathrooms by the end of October 2016!!!

:fish:

What a whirlwind of a day yesterday. While checking to see what may have opened up with our pin code, Beach Club club level opened. After doing some very fast discussing we decided to leave the BCV studio and splurge on the club level room. Since we are only going to Epcot for the food and wine for one day and no other parks we thought it would work out perfect. Our stay dates will be Oct 14-19. I also booked the lagoon view/pool view for her 40th birthday. Its going to be a great trip.

I'll adjust your listing on the BOG!

Hello everyone. Way behind on the thread trying to spend as much time with DD before she started back at UMD. Miss her already.

Bad news and good news. The bad news is that our wild women Halloween trip is off. One of my wild women had a last minute conflict. :sad: The good news is that I had booked two ressie's during F&W hoping to con hubby into going on the second trip and he can't go. So...Dee could you please remove us from the BOG list for Halloween weekend but add us back 10/6-10/11 at the BCV for our second attempt at a wild and crazy weekend! :banana::banana::banana:

Will do!

Glad you could salvage a fun weekend still!

:cheer2:

Last edited:

page 655-656

I'm staying at YC in about three weeks (yippee) and have one annoying question... it seems the refillable mug program is a PITA at YC. Once Hurricane Hannah's is closed, it can be quite the trek over to Marketplace to get a drink it seems. Is this as annoying as I'm envisioning?

:welcome: to the thread

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest for September.

I can't really speak to the refill mug issue since we don't get the refill mugs and I have not yet stayed at the YC.

The only thing I can add is that it is a 5 minute walk from the YC lobby to the BC lobby, so it would be a 10 minute round trip. I have not timed the walk on the outside pathway. I will do that during my trip in October.

:drinking1

Our Mousekeeper must really like us. We came back to a Mickey head balloon in the room. (Guess someone checked out today and left it behind - good recycling).

In other news it is WET. We are just back from Magic Kingdom where we watched Wishes in the pouring rain. There was a good few inches of standing water at the entrance to the park and across to the bus stop. DD and I filled the tub and just stood in it to warm our feet. Socks could be wrung out and shoes are going to take some drying. We even have the aircon on warm!!!!

Sounds like you really do have a great Mousekeeper between the balloon and the birthday towel animal.

UGH! Wet shoes are the worst! I'm still recovering from our 2008 Fayecation. Hope the weather does not get you down too much.

:umbrella:

So we were supposed to stay at BC and GF in August, but it was cancelled :( I took my mother who is on kidney dialysis and the transplant list to the beach instead. My kids still got about a month at disney in the past year lol. so it wasn't too sad. But we really were looking forward to checking out beach club. I just went by myself and booked a bounce back! So we are heading to our first Beach Club stay next July! 2 Weeks with free dining! Kids are so excited!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

So much to look forward to! Hopefully a lot of the new things in the pipeline will debut by the time of your trip.

:cool1:

Thanks for the heads up about the changes to online check in. I went back to check mine and had to select lower floor again. We booked a standard view with the magical deal and I'm hoping that a request for lower floor will get me a good location. We like to use the stairs and the fire doors. :)

We are really looking forward to our BC trip in one month. We have a busy September so I think time will pass quickly and we will be there before we know it. :)

Thanks for the heads up about the changes to online check in. I went back to check mine and had to select lower floor again. We booked a standard view with the magical deal and I'm hoping that a request for lower floor will get me a good location. We like to use the stairs and the fire doors. :)

We are really looking forward to our BC trip in one month. We have a busy September so I think time will pass quickly and we will be there before we know it. :)

I guess we think alike! It's such a time saver taking the stairs, instead of having to wait for the elevator. It's also great to exit/enter through one of the side doors and not always have to walk through the lobby.

For those of you who have been to storm along bay recently - are there usually life vests available for kids? Do they run out? My son's 3, so we'd need one for 30ish pounds. I'm debating if I should pack his floaty or rely on the ones provided. Thanks!

page 654

Thank you so much for the live report! Glad you are having a great time and hope you continue to have fun for the rest of your trip.

:woohoo:

As you know, I am wicked excited to hear this!!!

See ya in the lounge.

:banana::banana::banana:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. Which resort? BC/YC/BCV?

The bathrooms in the inside hallway near Beaches & Cream are large, clean and quiet. That is where I change when I am poolside. See link below.

In addition to Bell Services, there are also lockers to use for your valuables if you want to hang onto them while at SAB.

Poolside Lockers and Outside Showers

Breaking News, August 2016- According to a recreation CM, showers will be added to the large poolside bathrooms by the end of October 2016!!!

:fish:

I'll adjust your listing on the BOG!

Will do!

Glad you could salvage a fun weekend still!

:cheer2:
Thank you for this information. We are staying at the BCV.

For those of you who have been to storm along bay recently - are there usually life vests available for kids? Do they run out? My son's 3, so we'd need one for 30ish pounds. I'm debating if I should pack his floaty or rely on the ones provided. Thanks!

We've always relied on them and never had an issue. There was only one time we had to seek one out in almost 30 days of beach club. Hope that helps!

We were there last week, and at times it was incredibly busy. We never had a problem finding one.

Silly question I know but we just got to BC and I didn't know if we are supposed to drive up to the checkin area to unload our car or do we park first and bring the luggage cart out to the parking lot?

Silly question I know but we just got to BC and I didn't know if we are supposed to drive up to the checkin area to unload our car or do we park first and bring the luggage cart out to the parking lot?
Absolutely - park in the front drive and tell them you are checking in. Have a great visit!

When you pull up to the BC there will be a bell hop who will bring a luggage cart over to your car and help you unload your luggage. If your room is ready then they will accompany you to your room. If your room isn't ready yet then they can store your luggage until your room is ready. Then, when you are back in your room, you call bell services and they will bring your luggage to your room. You have to be in your room in order to receive the luggage. They won't leave it in an empty room.

After your car is unloaded then one of you can park it, or you can have the valet park your car for you, for a fee of course. :)

It has been a long time since we drove to the BC, so I hope this is still the way it works. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter