Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Can you add me to the BOG list. We'll be staying at Beach Club Villas April 1-5, then BLT until the 9th.

Is the lockers at SAB easy to get in the middle of the day? I'll need somewhere to lock up my carry on until we can check in. Two years ago, I tried to use the lockers at the spa and was told no and there was nowhere to secure my belongings while at the pool. I've since seen there are lockers by Beaches and Cream. I did not know about them the last time I stayed there. Thanks

Was surprised that we got all our dining reservations so easily for 7/30-8/4 for six of us.
Scored: 7/30 115p Lunch day of arrival at Le Cellier
7/30 9p Beaches and Cream
7/31 8am Breakfast at Crystal Palace
7/31 615p Category 1 @ Hoop De Doo
8/1 7p Dinner @ Raglan Road
8/2 7p Dinner at Teppon Edo
8/3 7p Dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby (just Hubby and I)

Heads up!

I don't like to be the one to start rumors or fan the flames, but if you go to the DIS Rumors and News subforum you will find a thread with credible predictions that Disney ticket prices will be raised this weekend (I think price increases usually take place on Sundays).

I'm not going to guarantee that this info is correct, but I am going to purchase the park tickets for my upcoming trip tomorrow.

:rolleyes1

Heads up!

I don't like to be the one to start rumors or fan the flames, but if you go to the DIS Rumors and News subforum you will find a thread with credible predictions that Disney ticket prices will be raised this weekend (I think price increases usually take place on Sundays).

I'm not going to guarantee that this info is correct, but I am going to purchase the park tickets for my upcoming trip tomorrow.

As often as you have been coming down here lately, have you considered APs? Plus...... with an AP that gives you even more reasons to visit. :)

Heads up!

This is one problem we Brits do not have with the packages that are "forced" on us

As often as you have been coming down here lately, have you considered APs? Plus...... with an AP that gives you even more reasons to visit. :)

A valid question!

Although I have been to WDW every year since 2008, it wasn't exactly planned that way... When friends ask me "Don't you go every year?" I answer "Well, yes, but I don't mean to"

Even with my recent, frequent visits, an AP would not make sense, I have only had short trips with a minimum number of tickets purchased.

Our last family trip was in July 2013 (4 Disney park days)

In 2014, I came down for the meet and I didn't even intend to go to the parks, until I was gifted with some expiring tickets.

In June 2015, I had discounted tickets included with the class trip package and I purchased a 1 day ticket for the August meet.

When I visited in January, I was a guest at the MK and then only visited the parks one other day.

And my husband and I will be there for 6 days in October, but then we don't have plans to be back any time soon. If I do come again solo within the year, it will probably just be a short trip.

So for now at least, until I become a snowbird, I think I will continue on an as-needed basis.

:goodvibes:

A valid question!

Although I have been to WDW every year since 2008, it wasn't exactly planned that way... When friends ask me "Don't you go every year?" I answer "Well, yes, but I don't mean to"

Even with my recent, frequent visits, an AP would not make sense, I have only had short trips with a minimum number of tickets purchased.

Our last family trip was in July 2013 (4 Disney park days)

In 2014, I came down for the meet and I didn't even intend to go to the parks, until I was gifted with some expiring tickets.

In June 2015, I had discounted tickets included with the class trip package and I purchased a 1 day ticket for the August meet.

When I visited in January, I was a guest at the MK and then only visited the parks one other day.

And my husband and I will be there for 6 days in October, but then we don't have plans to be back any time soon. If I do come again solo within the year, it will probably just be a short trip.

So for now at least, until I become a snowbird, I think I will continue on an as-needed basis.

:goodvibes:

It's funny how those extra little trips can sneak up on you. The unintentional trips can be the most fun!

I was a little sad to learn that Typhoon Lagoon will not be re-opening until the end of our trip (first world problems, I know!). However, we are now left with a full day that we are thinking of turning into a resort day. Of course we would enjoy some SAB time but what else would you do? Has anyone tried the Sea Raycers? What about doing a room service breakfast? Any faves for lunch on the Boardwalk or around the resort? We will be heading to Narcoosees for dinner that evening and then to MK for EMH so maybe a more low key day will turn out to be a good thing. TIA for any ideas/advice you may have to offer!

Arrived at YC about 9:30 this evening. Our room is lagoon view, over the back entrance...lovely!

The parking lot by the convention center is closed...maybe for repainting? We had to park at BC and walk past the convention center and across the bridge to get back to YC. (We could have valet parked, but didn't want to pay!)

Doing PHM expo/packet pick up in the morning, followed by AK.

I can say we've changed our days in a GOOD way. Instead of a split stay, we're staying put at the Beach Club from May 21 to May 28! I'm super excited to get a full week at Beach Club instead of my usual 4 days; we were booked for only three of our nights at Yacht Club for this May trip. This is my 12 year old niece's first trip!!

I was a little sad to learn that Typhoon Lagoon will not be re-opening until the end of our trip (first world problems, I know!). However, we are now left with a full day that we are thinking of turning into a resort day. Of course we would enjoy some SAB time but what else would you do? Has anyone tried the Sea Raycers? What about doing a room service breakfast? Any faves for lunch on the Boardwalk or around the resort? We will be heading to Narcoosees for dinner that evening and then to MK for EMH so maybe a more low key day will turn out to be a good thing. TIA for any ideas/advice you may have to offer!

Your family might enjoy a 2 hour fishing expedition. Here is a link to a page that explains it all. http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/fishing.htm

We have done this many times and it is a lot of fun. The guide helps you with everything and all equipment is supplied by Disney. We have caught many fish (catch and release) so it's not like you are just going for a boat ride.

Highly recommended!

~NM

Last edited:
Can you add me to the BOG list. We'll be staying at Beach Club Villas April 1-5, then BLT until the 9th.

Is the lockers at SAB easy to get in the middle of the day? I'll need somewhere to lock up my carry on until we can check in. Two years ago, I tried to use the lockers at the spa and was told no and there was nowhere to secure my belongings while at the pool. I've since seen there are lockers by Beaches and Cream. I did not know about them the last time I stayed there. Thanks

The BAD NEWS: There are lockers located at the pool but they wouldn't fit a carry on.

THE GOOD NEWS: Bell services will gladly store your luggage on your check out day. You can access your stored luggage as many times as you need to so no problems there. What I do is take a smaller bag, like a tote, out of my carry on and take that to the pool with all my essentials. That will fit into the poolside locker so you can safely store your belongings when you are whizzing down the giant pool slide, or if you aren't that adventurous then as you whiz down the baby slide ; )

I don't believe there is a huge demand for those pool side lockers so I would bet that getting an open one wouldn't be a problem.

Remember that even though you have checked out of your room you still have full use of all of the resort amenities for the rest of that day. Feel free to ask the staff for help with any matter as they will be happy to assist you.

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter